PDA

View Full Version : PT Prayers and PT Help

Kirbys Mom
11-21-2005, 02:04 PM
well on sat morning i found out my collie sohpie had peed on my bed and then peed upstairs on the living room floor with a hint of blood. and as my mother was cleanin it up she squat down and walked around with spots of blood in her tracks. she was bleedin as she was in heat but she was fixed at 5 months of age and in 2 months will be turnin 2 years old. so we called abunch of vets and finally got in one. we rushed there and found out her vulva is in to much and every time she goes to the bathroom alittle stays behind and this has build up and turned into infection. the vet called it (vaginaitis) strange name but she is takin pill(expensive) and on her way to recovery!

Now Im havin a problem with Kirby He cries all night long, or after i come back from usin the bathroom at night. also he keeps bitin me and family and i read in my book "Chihuahua's for dummies" to say ouch loudly but hasn't worked so i said no, then i would hold his nose and that didnt work. then i read in another book to grap their scurff softly and sake. Well then he cries loudly and the growls and goes into a fit with saking and barking and growling and bittin. he acts like a demon dog...need help at end of my rope. :( :( :confused:

finn's mom
11-21-2005, 02:13 PM
Ok, I just reread what you said, and, I totally misunderstood it at first. But, anyway...I'm glad that Sophie is on her way to recovery! :)

As for Kirby, he's so young, I don't think he's teething yet...but, it's pretty normal to be mouthy like that. I mean, if he's being mean and agressive, that's different. What I did with Finn was always keep a chew toy (and, I mean always) with me. I would say no, and, stick the toy in his mouth. And, then praise. Another thing I did with Finn was say no, then just fold my arms and completely ignore him. Sometimes even get up and go away. I mean, your dog has to absolutely learn that there is no biting. If there's biting, he gets nothing from you. Don't give him too much attention when he does it. Just a simple, firm no. I think shaking him is a bad idea. Especially with him being so small. Or maybe get a water bottle to squirt him when he does it.

And, even though he's a small breed, please get him some obedience training as soon as they'll let you into the class. And, tons of socializing. It's so important, even with a small dog. Small dogs are actually the ones I usually have a problem with when I'm walking Finn. They're always the most aggressive. ;)

Good luck with both dogs!

Kirbys Mom
11-21-2005, 04:21 PM
thanks 4 the advice ;)

poofy
11-21-2005, 05:30 PM
Hang in there, glad sophie is doing well and Kiby will be fine with time... :D

Kirbys Mom
11-21-2005, 05:52 PM
Hang in there, glad sophie is doing well and Kiby will be fine with time... :D
I sure hope so, this guys are pulling on my heart strings :rolleyes:

vinjashira
11-21-2005, 06:07 PM
get better soon Sophie

and as for Kirby, the "ouch" should be a high pitch "aaawwwwww....."
that's what I did with Snowy and it worked :D

Kirbys Mom
11-21-2005, 07:35 PM
get better soon Sophie

and as for Kirby, the "ouch" should be a high pitch "aaawwwwww....."
that's what I did with Snowy and it worked :D
i will give that a try thanks :)

dab_20
11-21-2005, 08:17 PM
hope sophie has a fast recovery!

what i do with sammy when he chews me is i tap his nose firmly and say NO in a low, stern voice. then i give him a toy and praise when he chews on it. it has worked very well so far. consistancy is important! when kirby is about 6 months old and still chews, totally ignore him. good luck :D