PDA

View Full Version : help!!! stupid question but i need to know!

Flatcoatluver
11-21-2005, 01:00 PM
ok I cleaned out my fish tank with our sink water for the first time. (we always go towndown to get the good water) So one of the petsmart workers gave us a water cleaner for tap and iron water called aqua safe. Well after I cleaned out the tank there is bubble all over the side, little bubble. but i don't want to risk my betta's life so do i put him in there???? Do i clean the tank out again. will he be safe to be in there. will the bubbles disapear once he is swimming in there? plz help. I am putting this in general because more people look in this part then pet general.

Flatcoatluver
11-21-2005, 01:58 PM
Bump!!

PJ's Mom
11-21-2005, 02:08 PM
It's fine. I use Aqua Safe in all my tanks. The little bubbles will go away soon. :)

Kfamr
11-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Usually running tap water creates bubbles.

How did you clean the tank?

Flatcoatluver
11-21-2005, 02:20 PM
by srubbing all of the stuff in his tank without soap and then turned on the filter becasue i thought the little bubbles would go away but a hour later it never did.

jackie
11-21-2005, 02:22 PM
You do not need to scrub off the tank decorations, it removes the good bacteria which helps your tank. Only scrub them if they have lots of algee (sp?) growing on them.

areias
11-21-2005, 02:39 PM
Is it a bunch of little bubbles together? Is it his "bubble nest"? Male bettas blow bubble nests, they house the females eggs. Do you have any test strips that you can test with?

Aqua safe is perfectly fine.

Jessika
11-21-2005, 03:02 PM
Is it a bunch of little bubbles together? Is it his "bubble nest"? Male bettas blow bubble nests, they house the females eggs. Do you have any test strips that you can test with?

Aqua safe is perfectly fine.

Thats' exactly what I thought ;)

He should be fine! Just make sure the new water is the same temperature and about the same pH balance of his old water so he adjusts to the water change very easily and without a problem!

finn's mom
11-21-2005, 03:20 PM

I thought she was saying the fish wasn't even in the tank...she was waiting to hear from us to make sure it was safe...I don't know anything about fish, though...so, I wasn't able to answer, but, I'm learning, so, I'm reading the thread to see what answers she gets. :)

Flatcoatluver
11-21-2005, 03:22 PM
I waiting for people to reply so i knew it was safe. But i already put him in there now :D

finn's mom
11-21-2005, 03:24 PM
I waiting for people to reply so i knew it was safe. But i already put him in there now :D

Yeah, I figured as much...but, the reason I said anything was because they were suggesting the bubbles were from the fish...and, you were saying the bubbles were in there before the fish was, right?

Flatcoatluver
11-21-2005, 03:25 PM
right.

PJ's Mom
11-21-2005, 04:49 PM
When you fill up the tank using the tap, you'll get the little bubbles. It's perfectly normal and they'll eventually go away. Remember never to use soap, always use a chlorine remover like Aqua Safe, keep the water as close to the temperature he's used to as possible and your fishie should live to be a ripe old age. :D It sounds like you're taking good care of him.

Jessika
11-21-2005, 04:50 PM
When you fill up the tank using the tap, you'll get the little bubbles. It's perfectly normal and they'll eventually go away. Remember never to use soap, always use a chlorine remover like Aqua Safe, keep the water as close to the temperature he's used to as possible and your fishie should live to be a ripe old age. :D It sounds like you're taking good care of him.

Duh now that you mention it, the bubbles could have been from soap left over on the sides of the bowl.

Yes you're never supposed to use soap to wash out fish bowls/tanks because it can leave a residue behind on the glass that gets into the water. :)

gini
11-21-2005, 04:57 PM
by srubbing all of the stuff in his tank without soap and then turned on the filter becasue i thought the little bubbles would go away but a hour later it never did.

She did say that she didn't use soap...................

Happy long life Mr. Betta (is it a Mr.?)

Flatcoatluver
11-21-2005, 04:57 PM
oh no i probally should have mentioned that i never use soap. lol :D