PDA

View Full Version : 48 Hours

aly
03-29-2002, 10:51 PM
Did anyone see 48 Hours tonight? I taped it. It was all about pets. One story was about a man who opened a shelter in New York. It showed him drive to Utah with 4 older dogs to take to the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. It also showed a woman who had to go to jail because she was fighting for custody of her cats and wouldn't give them to her ex-husband. Oh and they had a segment on the cloning of dogs and cats. It was interesting. I'll bring it to the Pet Talk meeting in case anyone wants to see it.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-29-2002, 10:58 PM
I saw the first 30 minutes. If I was the lady who went to jail, I would have moved across a state line. Her kitties would have had a better chance of staying with her. Unless the Federal Government gets involved, I don't think police can cross state lines to apprehend people. That's why there are so many who get out of paying support for their children in divorces.

Cincy'sMom
03-30-2002, 01:18 PM
I saw a little of the part about cloning your pets. I love my girls very much and I already dread the day they will go to RB, but I just don't think I could ever play God and have them cloned...I know that when their time comes, there will be another little puppy who will become just as special to me, without having to go to a test tube to get it

aly
03-30-2002, 09:30 PM
I agree. I love my pets to death and wish I'd NEVER have to lose them........ but when the time comes it will be God's decision and then I will go out and adopt another little homeless innocent creature. There's way too many little lives being euthanized daily for people to be worrying about cloning their pets.

wolf_Q
03-31-2002, 02:14 AM
Yeah I saw the add for that...I was going to watch it but obviously I forgot. I went to the Best Friends sanctuary once, but it was closed! :( It looked like a really beautiful place though.

Pet Talk meeting? Where?

RachelJ
03-31-2002, 06:09 AM
Hannah and I watched the whole thing together. :D