PDA

View Full Version : One thing I didn't miss while in Michigan...

moosmom
11-20-2005, 04:54 PM
Twice since I've been back in CT, I've gone to the DMV to get a CT driver's license. TWICE I got turned away because their system has been down!! UGH!!! What I'd like to know is what did they do BEFORE the computer system??? It was all done manually, right?? Well I don't understand why they couldn't do it manually this time either. ALOT of people were so pissed that they had to come back yet again, along with their little blue passes that would exempt them from standing in line. I went outside and made a little ringy-dingy to WTNH Channel 8 in New Haven to make them aware of the situation. The power of the media is an amazing thing. Unfortunately, I didn't stick around to see if they showed up or not. But I do know that they had NO idea what was going on.

Hmmmmmm, stay tuned!!

kuhio98
11-20-2005, 05:32 PM
Donna ~ My brother works at the Department of Motor Vehicles here in Anchorage. They have a live video on their website that shows you the lobby and the lines so you can see if it's worth your time heading down there. Does CT have anything like that?

Laura's Babies
11-20-2005, 07:00 PM
Can't wait to hear the rest of THIS story!!

ramanth
11-21-2005, 09:42 AM
Yikes! Hope the issue gets resolved and you can get a new license soon!

Cataholic
11-21-2005, 11:35 AM
This happened to my sister here in Ohio. Statewide, all the computers were down. THEN, when they were up again, a day or so later, there was some sort of 'holder' on her license paperwork, and she couldn't get it yet again. THEN, she was asked to call the help desk herself!! She does, and was told there wasn't any problem, and back inside she went. The people behind the desk said, "well, we don't know what the problem is"...and she was like, "well, if YOU don't know, as employees, how would someone like me know"?

That was following the help lady's question, after being shown her USA passport, "do you have your green card?" LOLOL...