PDA

View Full Version : IPod Question

Toby's my baby
11-20-2005, 04:44 PM
I found a nice Ipod, but some of my friends told me that it is better to get an Mp3 player, is it true that it costs money to get songs off the internet and put them on there, but does not cost money to put them on an Mp3 player??

jenfer
11-20-2005, 04:46 PM
not sure whether i understand your question completely. depends on WHERE you get your mp3, you may have to pay for them (just like buying songs/album on the net). and of course it does not cost anything to put mp3s on your ipod. does this help at all? :)

.powerful
11-20-2005, 04:46 PM
No. You can illegally download music for free and upload it to Itunes and put it on your Ipod. The alternative is buying songs from ITunes.

I'd reccomend getting an Ipod over an mp3. You hear people talk about how they break and aren't good quality but I have two Ipods and have NO problems with either one. If you do have a problem they have a decent warranty and will allow you to send it back.

Toby's my baby
11-20-2005, 04:50 PM
Ok, so how much to the songs cost? Can you just take songs that you have on cd's and that are already on your computer and put those on your Ipod too?

.powerful
11-20-2005, 04:53 PM
Ok, so how much to the songs cost? Can you just take songs that you have on cd's and that are already on your computer and put those on your Ipod too?

I think the songs are a dollar each but I could be wrong. Yes you can take songs off your cd's.

Karen
11-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Yes, you can easily put all the songs you have on CDs onto your iPod. Then the fun part is you can make playlists and rearrange albums if you want, or just out the songs you like from an album on there or whatever!

To legally purchase songs from iTunes it's 99 cents a song usually, and there's a free "song of the week" download available every Tuesday as well.

Toby's my baby
11-20-2005, 04:56 PM
ok cool, thanks you guys!! I found a Nano on Ebay, for $1!!! I refreshed the page like 1 min. after I clicked it and it is now $112 :o

.powerful
11-20-2005, 05:00 PM
ok cool, thanks you guys!! I found a Nano on Ebay, for $1!!! I refreshed the page like 1 min. after I clicked it and it is now $112 :o

Now that would of been a deal!!!

Toby's my baby
11-20-2005, 05:02 PM
I know! I am so disappointed, there is one on there for the same price, its a 4G, but it isnt over for 2 days, I saved it under favorites, but im sure someone will bid like $200 for it :o dang rich ppl. . . :rolleyes: :p

sammy101
11-20-2005, 05:03 PM
You can use regular downloads too. Like Limewire,thats what i use.And you can take songs off your cds,etc. you can buy them off iTunes,but i wouldnt.
I know some Apple stores are having sales on the iPod minis,which is what i have

Uabassoon
11-20-2005, 05:03 PM
It seems that when I look for Ipods on ebay then end up selling for the same price that they do in the stores.

Karen
11-20-2005, 05:05 PM
That's the fun and the pain of auctions! ;)

.powerful
It seems that when I look for Ipods on ebay then end up selling for the same price that they do in the stores.

Yeah I have noticed that as well.

You should get a 4gb one. It is worth the extra money, and its a good deal.

Toby's my baby
Yeah, i think i'm finally figureing that out. lol :o

Uabassoon
11-20-2005, 05:08 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what I want my mom to get me for Xmas. I'm tempted to ask for an Ipod so I've been looking around. However three years ago she got me an MP3 player and I've used it only a handfull of times. It's great for when I go to the gym.. the only problem is that I never go!

Jessika
11-20-2005, 05:10 PM
lol you realize that an ipod IS an MP3 player, correct??

I don't recommend the iPods anyway; for the same price you can get something much better and with more space. With iPods you're really just paying for the brand name, in all honesty. Look into the Creative Zens. I know a LOT of people regret getting their iPods and want a Zen instead. I've even had friends return their iPods for money for a Zen. ;)

Karen
11-20-2005, 05:11 PM
I have an iPod, I love my iPod!

CagneyDog
11-20-2005, 05:12 PM
lol you realize that an ipod IS an MP3 player, correct??

I think we all knew what she meant

Everyone has different thoughts on the ipod. I have friends that don't like the Zen and sold it, but I know some that hate Ipods.

CagneyDog
11-20-2005, 05:19 PM
I've also heard that their help desk gives absolutely awful service with the Zen. In the long run they apparently aren't as well built as an Ipod. I know several people who all had problems with theirs after a couple months. They also had a huge problems with their headphones and wouldn't recall any of them.

Toby's my baby
11-20-2005, 05:27 PM
Ok, I know they are the same thing, lol, i just call one an mp3 player and the other the Ipod so I can keep them straight. lol

I would call THIS an mp3 player:
http://ba.bu.ac.th/ejournal/pic4/mp3-player.jpg

and THIS an Ipod
http://computer.zive.cz/files/obrazky/2005/2/ipod/Apple-iPod-photo.jpg

Suki Wingy
11-20-2005, 09:24 PM
I WOULD reccomend an ipod, just not a shuffle. I got one in march and now I have about 150 songs on it and I can't keep the whole order of the playlist straight so I have to put it on shuffle and just skip till I find the song I like. Now I am seriously regretting getting it. I'm asking for Apple store gift cards for christmas so I can get a nano. So far I have had no problems what-so-ever with any apple product, but I have had lots of PCs seriously skrew up so I'm sticking to Apple when it comes to mp3s.

Alysser
11-21-2005, 07:00 AM
My sister has an I-pod mini! I don't know any information about it though, When I found out it costs money to download a song I decided to just get and MP3 player from staples. I found one in there and LOVE it! :eek:

Jessika
11-21-2005, 01:12 PM
Just for the record with ANY MP3 player you're supposed to "pay" to download tracks, otherwise its illegal. Unless you are ripping your own CDs that you own to your computer and loading those MP3s onto it it, its "illegal". I use the term loosely because there are loopholes in the p2p filesharing program concept ;) But if you choose to use an iPod, you don't HAVE to obtain your MP3s solely through itunes. If you have another program that works for downloading MP3s that you like better, you can use it instead.

Miss Meow
11-22-2005, 03:21 AM
I've had an iPod mini for about six months and love it. The battery life is still fine and iTunes is easy to use. I also got an iTrip doodad so I can play the iPod on the stereo at home and the car radio so I can use it everywhere. :D