PDA

View Full Version : Luna and the rug she's peeing on

Kirsten
11-20-2005, 01:42 PM
It's really weird!

Last night, I saw her sniffing the rug, as if she was preparing herself for peeing. I told her (in a very friendly way) to use her litter box. She walked out of the room, and a few minutes later, I heard her using the box.

I was surprised how smart she was, and of course I told her what a good girl she was and she got a treat - I was really proud of her.

But tonight, I noticed she did it again - there was a smelly spot on the rug. It's now in the washing machine, and I hope it will survive this procedure.

But I'm so confused about Luna! I wish she could talk, I would really love to know why she's doing it even though she knows it makes me unhappy!

Kirsten

Randi
11-20-2005, 01:54 PM
Kirsten, have you ruled out bladder problems? It could be that she's trying to tell you something. Hope she stops doing it, though.

catmandu
11-20-2005, 02:31 PM
Kirsten,I think that you are going to have to concede,and hang the rug on your wall.
There is a smell on it,that all the washing in the world will not get rid of,and once that smell is there
Luna is going to pee on it.
Does it say anywhere whether its washable,or not?

Kirsten
11-20-2005, 02:44 PM
Randi, she always has bladder problems, more or less, and I know I have to try to get another urine sample from her to bring it to the vet. She got so many treatments in the past, and is constantly on UroPet, a paste that prevents struvite crytals.

Gary, the label says it's not washable, but I did it before and in worked, so I hope it will be same this time. And you're probably right: When this doesn't stop, the rug will end up on the wall... :(

Kirsten

Laura's Babies
11-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Awwww! At least she is smart enough to go use the litter box when you tell her to... Maybe find a scent she don't like to spray on the new rug would help? Or offer her a washable rug?

Last night while I was taking my bath, Amy came in and squatted on my bathroom rug. I know she is having a difficult time right now and that rug is washable so I just watched her. Poor thing, as she was peeing, she fell over and landed on her side and finished laying there... That was heartbreaking to watch.

You know Luna has a problem too, so I know it breaks your heart. Lets hope it is something that can be fixed with meds.....

kimlovescats
11-20-2005, 07:24 PM
I am sorry that you are still having to deal with this, but Gary has a very good point... and hey, the rug would make a beautiful wall hanging too! ;)