View Full Version : Evil Mom Strikes Again

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-19-2005, 10:14 PM
Yep!

So I had to work today from 2pm-10pm. My mom made plans AFTER I told her I needed her to pick me up at 10. She said she was going out to drink with some of her friends (ex-boyfriend who caused her last breakdown is going to be there.) and she could NOT come and get me. My dad and my brother went hunting this weekend, so it was just her and I. She is my MOM for God's sake, but alas, I am dead LAST on her priority list.

So she calls my sister to ask if SHE can come and get me at 10. My sister is WORKING. She is a POLICE OFFICER. She was directed by my mom to come and get me while she was working. My sister said she couldn't guarantee that she could be there, because if she got called to a case, who knows how long she would be there. But my sister, my whole world, came and got me between calls.

My sis (Jen) asked my mom why SHE couldn't get me. My mom replied that the bar they were going to was out in Schofield (10-15 min drive) and she didn't want to come out and then go back out to SF. She then concluded by saying that she couldn't WAIT till I got my license, because its such an inconvenience to take me back and forth to work.

Luckily my sister came to get me, so I didn't have to walk home at 10pm at night, 3 miles to my moms.

I... I don't know what I feel. I expected it to happen like that, but I now feel unwanted... she can't even take 20 mins to come and get me and make sure I get home safe. I feel like I wasn't meant to be here. My job is holding her back from a social life... or some stupid sh*t like that.

My dad would be ROYALLY pissed off right now. That's all my dad does, is take us kids wherever we need to go, ALL the TIME. My mom needs to be a parent and step up and do her part. I don't even have a mom, as far as I'm considered. She doesn't care enough about me and my safety, why should I?

I'm just soo unbelievably frustrated. I'm on the verge of tears, and I want to talk to my dad soo bad. I'm so glad she isn't here.

Another thing-- she's meeting John out at the bar. John that caused the last breakdown. John that mom was in love with but he wasn't in love with her. John that is going to hurt her again and she's gonna be allll messed up.

I'm sorry I just ranted for so long. It was all pointless. I'm a useless kid anyway, whats the difference? I'm just an inconvenience.

kimlovescats
11-19-2005, 10:21 PM
Sweetheart, you are definitely full of worth, and deserving of love and respect. I'm so sorry that your mother has her head in the clouds just now, and isn't seeing what she is doing to you. One day she will, and it will be a very sad and shameful day for her. Thank God that you have a caring and mature / supportive sister. Sweetheart, don't let your mom's inconsistencies bring YOU down ... you keep on being the sweet girl that you are, and you will get through this.

HUGS,
Kim

.powerful
11-19-2005, 10:27 PM
I'm sorry I just ranted for so long. It was all pointless. I'm a useless kid anyway, whats the difference? I'm just an inconvenience.

I haven't been here long enought to know the whole story but you need to know that you are NOT an inconvenience and you are certainly not useless. There is absolutely no such thing as a useless person.

I'm very sorry that your mom makes you feel that way. Has she always been like this?

I'm very sorry that you need to be put through this. No one deserves this kind of abuse. But be thankful that you have your sister to be there for you.

of tears, and I want to talk to my dad soo bad.
Are your parents divored?

You can email me ANY time you want. I'm always here if you want to talk.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-19-2005, 10:29 PM
My parents are going through divorce, almost there I think. Not together, but not divorced.

My dad is gone hunting and he is alseep, and he would talk if he heard the phone ring but it gets no signal in the cottage. I would start to cry anyway.

My mom has been like this for about 2-3 years. I just can't stand it.

.powerful
11-19-2005, 10:33 PM
My parents are going through divorce, almost there I think. Not together, but not divorced.

Is there any chance that you could go live with your dad?

I would start to cry anyway.

It sounds like you really need to talk to him. Call him tomorrow. There is nothing wrong with crying.

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-19-2005, 10:34 PM
((((HUGS)))) Meg. I am so sorry your Mum is hurting you and letting you down. You are NOT useless or an inconvenience - one day you are going to be independant, and then your Mum is going to regret not spending enough time and doing things for you now. You need to focus on the future - you will not always be living in the situation you are in now.

You know we are always here for you if you need to vent.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-19-2005, 11:04 PM
I'm just so frustrated. I hope I do become independant someday and that she WILL realize what she has missed.

My dad and I are best friends, that's why I need to talk to him so bad. I wish he was here.

Thanks for all the support. I love you all more than you know. I'm just having a really hard time right now. :(

Karen
11-19-2005, 11:06 PM
You are right - you are having a hard time now, but the best and worst thing about time is it moves on. And we know you will be a fine independent adult someday, and this will all just be history. Give your sister an extra hug from all of us, and because you cannot talk to your dad right now, write him a letter/note with what you'd want to say.

flamepony12
11-20-2005, 09:41 AM
I know you've been feeling like this for a long time, and how hard it is for you. :( It sounds like your dad and sister are understanding towards you, so try to stick close to them when they're not away or working. I hope things get better soon, Meg. I'm here if you ever need to talk. ((((((HUGS))))))

Daisy and Delilah
11-20-2005, 09:48 AM
:( :( :( :( :( :(

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Dad's coming home today, but I am going on my week vacation to Florida with my mom tomorrow. My sister and Gavin are going, so I guess I'll just need to steer clear of any angry my mom may possess. If all else fails, Gavin and I escape to the pool. :)

Soapets
11-20-2005, 11:48 AM
You are definitely a valuable person, so don't ever think otherwise! Have you ever read any of Dave Pelzer's books? His most recent one is for teens in your situation, and it is really good. His first book is "A Child Called 'It'" and details his abusive environment when he was a small child. The other books tell about the other parts of his life. It might be good for you to try to find these, and read them. His story is amazing, and it tells you how to get through these kinds of situations. If nothing else, it will allow you to understand that others CAN relate to your situation, and to your feelings, and you won't feel so all alone with it.

Let me know if you find these books and read them, and what you think. If you need their titles, let me know, too, but they should be pretty easy for you to find.......

Take care, and hang in there!

Deb

poofy
11-20-2005, 06:59 PM
Sweetheart, you are definitely full of worth, and deserving of love and respect. I'm so sorry that your mother has her head in the clouds just now, and isn't seeing what she is doing to you. One day she will, and it will be a very sad and shameful day for her. Thank God that you have a caring and mature / supportive sister. Sweetheart, don't let your mom's inconsistencies bring YOU down ... you keep on being the sweet girl that you are, and you will get through this.

HUGS,
Kim

This really says it all..hang in there, im sorry to.. :(

Corinna
11-20-2005, 09:26 PM
I'm glad your sister was able to be there for you. You do have a lot of family support even with the stuff that happens with your mom. All of us all care too. Try to have fun on your vacation.