PDA

View Full Version : grass hay in his eyes

Majestic
11-19-2005, 08:03 AM
Hello,

Kiki has a little grass hay right in his one eye. It doesn't bother him, but I wonder what will be the best way to take it out?- using a dog's tear drop? Should I be worried that it will hurt his eye?

Thanks! :confused:

clarebear
11-19-2005, 08:55 AM
If it looks easy to pull out then I would do it with my hand but

hmmm Im not sure

Majestic
11-19-2005, 08:58 AM
it is not easy to pull it out. Its length is about 2mm. about this length: "_", and it stays in the corner of his eye.

clarebear
11-19-2005, 09:01 AM
It might come out by it self, leave if for a few days and if it doesnt take him to the vets ;)

filly_law
11-19-2005, 09:07 AM
grass hay in eyes
Hello, I am new to this site, but if my dog had something in the corner of their eye which would not come out with the gentle touch of a finger tip then I would be inclined to use a piece of toilet tissue which has been rolled into a point the try that.

Hope that works for you
Sandy

Majestic
11-19-2005, 09:15 AM
it got it out - the hay had moved to the corner, and it was easy to remove it with the toilet paper. I also managed to remove some stuff out of his other eyes - it was some cotton from his toys.

Thanks both for your tips. :)

clarebear
11-19-2005, 09:17 AM
it got it out - the hay had moved to the corner, and it was easy to remove it with the toilet paper. I also managed to remove some stuff out of his other eyes - it was some cotton from his toys.

Thanks both for your tips. :)

Your very welcome, these dogs huh?. lol they are just like babies :p

Majestic
11-19-2005, 09:38 AM
yah, they're cute babies :)

Vela
11-19-2005, 09:40 AM
I've had my dogs get things stuck in their eyes before and sometimes you can moisten a Q-tip and it will adhere to the Q-tip and that can help. Of course you have to be very careful and it's best to have someone help you hold the dog. You can also flush the eye with water if it's something that is in a bad spot and you just can't get it safely any other way. Have had good success with both methods in the past. Glad to hear you got it out, that can be scary.