PDA

View Full Version : My little sweethearts

catnapper
11-18-2005, 07:23 PM
I found the girls hanging out in Angel's room this afternoon, soaking up the sun. I *tried* to grab the camera and take pretty sunbathing pictures, but Flutter decided Angel needed a bath :rolleyes:

Hmmm... what does Angel think of her bath?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/bathtime.jpg

Then they both caught sight of a bug
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/Sillies.jpg

and no more picture taking opportunities since Angel and Flutter were off to the races to attack the bug. RIP poor little buggy!

I feel rather guilty tonight too. The people who want to adopt Angel wrote to me today and I was somewhat overly honest regarding Angel. I did not lie, I just did not sugar coat anything either. I told them how Angel has diarrhea again, and she pooped outside the box a few times this week. I do know they don't want to add additional boxes in the main part of the house --- Angel is one of those kitties that WILL poop outisde the box if she needs to go in a room where no box is present. She always has and though I've tried to work with her on it, I think she always will because of having had chronic diarrhea most of her life. I think she associates needing to go potty as an urgent matter, no matter whether or not it is urgent. Should I have let them figure that one out on their own? I know they'd be really annoyed if she started to poop around and had no prior knowledge of this behavior from her. Oh well.... part of me told them about the diarrhea to be thorough and truthful to adoptors, another part hopes it scares them away from actually following through with the adoption.

Craftlady
11-18-2005, 08:24 PM
You did the right thing in telling them how things are with her. Finding out on ones own is something left for a stray that you know nothing about.

Personally, I feel it's dishonest and very unprofessional for a foster to NOT tell everything they know to a potentional adoptee. Not telling is a very good way to get a BAD reputation and no one gets adopted.

momcat
11-18-2005, 08:58 PM
Cute pictures of two beautiful girls but that second one ...wow! That one's a winner!! I think you did the right thing in giving the prospective parents the straight story. This way they can make an informed decision and there can be no misunderstandings. They know what they'll be taking on should they decide to adopt her.

krazyaboutkatz
11-18-2005, 09:53 PM
They sure look cute together. :D
Yes, I agree that the telling prospective parents everything about Angel Eyes is a must. This way if she does something while in their care, they won't be so shocked or surprised. They'll also know what they're getting themselves into before they decide to adopt her.

Soapets
11-18-2005, 09:58 PM
What everyone else has said! And I LOVE the pictures, ESPECIALLY the second one when they spotted a bug! That one's a winner! :)

Deb

Felix
11-18-2005, 10:01 PM
Great photos!! I love the second one where they spotted a bug...very cute!! :D

G535
11-18-2005, 10:11 PM
Honesty pays, well most of the time anyway. They are such gorgeous tabbies.

catnapper
11-18-2005, 10:52 PM
Whew... hubby read my email and told me I should not have mentioned the diarrhea since they won't be ready to take her for at least another 3 weeks. Maybe he has a point, but I want them to realize she'll always be one who gets diarrhea easily. I think she just has a sensitive tummy, and any change in diet or stress will affect her. I don't know. I do know they appreciate the fact that I am honest, and I do listen to their conerns.

Laura's Babies
11-18-2005, 10:57 PM
I agree with everyone else, even before I read what they posted. You HAD to tell them or risked your reputation. That is an important matter and they needed to be informed so you did the right thing no matter what reason motivated you to tell them..

Those pictures are so CUTE!!! Beautiful girls, both of them!

kilbarchancats
11-19-2005, 02:34 AM
I absolutely LOVE the second picture and the wee pink tongue poking out - adorable.

Max Candy and tom say that you should make the most of the sun - they would love to have a warm window to lie in at the moment. We are experiencing a few days of sub-zero temperatures, but still manage to be cosy :D

Kirsten
11-19-2005, 03:55 AM
What a beautiful couple! :)

And this picture is priceless: :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/Sillies.jpg

Love that little pink tongue! :)

Kirsten

jenluckenbach
11-19-2005, 05:18 AM
First off, I agree that the second picture is absolutely priceless. (keep in mind for next photo contest ;) )

second, I would have mentioned the diarrhea without hesitation. After all, if they asked about their little girl, then that means they WANT to know.

When Marvin was here (waiting to move to his new home), and kept getting diarrhea, I ALWAYS told his new mom! And I continually added that I would totally understand if she did not wish to take him since we could not figure out what was wrong. And I WANTED him to get adopted, but not if it meant he would be returned due to a problem I already knew about.

kimlovescats
11-19-2005, 01:06 PM
I agree, "honesty is the best policy" ... and that second picture is TOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!! :D

Randi
11-19-2005, 01:36 PM
That second picture is absolutely priceless! :D ... and that cute tongue sticking out. LOL!

I agree that being honest is best. :)