PDA

View Full Version : Name suggestions for the "fuzzball"???

Soapets
11-18-2005, 04:25 PM
The Humane Society named this little one "Calico" for now, but she deserves a REAL name, and I need your help with this!

Here is a picture of her:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid194/p3648007118909138ded32332a56a516b/f16e573b.jpg

She is approximately 4 weeks old. She is nothing but skin and bones under all that fur, as she is very malnourished and underweight.

Names I have considered so far: My son's suggestion "Canada"; "Tippy" (for "Tippy-Toes"); "Boots" or "Mittens"; "Priscilla" (nick-name "Miss Prissy"), "Orphelia", and "Oola". (The "O" names are because I only have one pet who's name starts with "O", and I have TWO pets each who's names start with "S" and "A", and an "O" name would just round things out a little better, TEMPORARILY, while she's with us.)

I would like any other suggestions any of you might have, and maybe then we can do a poll to pick her official name.

Thanks.

Deb

RedHedd
11-18-2005, 05:09 PM
Ooh! I LIKE Oola as in "ooh, la, la" :D although the name Zsa Zsa came to my mind too as she's is just oh-so-gorgeous! I could just squish her! ;)

EDIT: Now that I've read your other thread and see that you've given the others All in the Family names, how about Gloria?

Flatcoatluver
11-18-2005, 05:12 PM
wow her face has interesting looks!!! does she have blue eyes or is that just the pic??? well anyways, i kinda like boots.

catmandu
11-18-2005, 06:07 PM
She looks like a little Princess to me,and I know that My Old Princess would love to have that Kitten named after her.
So would Gem,the Former Porchie,and Now An RB Angel.
We are praying that she will start to eat,and will get through these Tough Times.
Bless You for Helping The Helpless.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1116.jpg
We are Praying for You Little Kitten.The Found Cats want you to grow to be a Big Kitty with a Furr Ever Home,like we have,Amen.

slick
11-18-2005, 06:11 PM
I've always loved the name Talia and if I ever get another female that will be her name. A variation of Calico could be Calia. I like weird names anyway.

jenluckenbach
11-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Olive!!!

kuhio98
11-18-2005, 06:30 PM
Well, she looks like a FLUFF or PUFF (as in powder puff) to me.

Laura's Babies
11-18-2005, 06:35 PM
She looks like a Mittens or Princess to me!

Slick.... I have a great niece named Teresa Talia and I love that name Talia!!

Grace
11-18-2005, 07:04 PM
I'm partial to Priscilla, but also like Oola. How about Princess Puff?

catnapper
11-18-2005, 07:07 PM
If you want an "O" name, I vote for Opal, because she's gfot so many pretty colors like an Opal! :)

Soapets
11-18-2005, 08:35 PM
OK, once we get a lot of names on here, can someone make a thread with a poll so people can vote for their favorite? Maybe on Sunday or something? I don't know for sure how to do that..............

Thanks.

Deb

rosethecopycat
11-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Tribbles.

(from the original Star Trek)

Shady
11-18-2005, 09:58 PM
She's so cute, and so tiny. The only name that comes to my mind when I look at her is Thumbelina. Hans Christian Anderson's little tiny girl.

It's quite a mouthful though.

Felix
11-18-2005, 10:00 PM
OMG cuteness overload :D Looks like a Munchkin to me!! ;)

Soapets
11-18-2005, 11:23 PM
I've also thought of the names "Fluffy", "Puffy", "Muffy", "Missy", "Jacqueline" (or "Jackie" for short, since she must have been born just a few weeks before Halloween, and it could be a feminie version of Jack-O-Lantern), "Spunky", "Punkin", "Elsa" (wasn't that the lioness' name on "Born Free" many years ago?), "Shasta", "Tori", "Baby", and "Diana" (after Princess Diana). I like all of the other suggestions, too. I just haven't quite figured out which one fits her personality and appearance the best. She is such a tiny, fragile, wee little one! Do any of these potential names stand out to any of you?

Deb

Soapets
11-19-2005, 06:55 AM
How about "Pebbles" for a name? My son was eating the cereal "Fruity Pebbles" for breakfast, and the name "Pebbles" just stood out to me. I think I like that one best of all so far.

Can someone PLEASE help me make a poll for names?

Deb

Soapets
11-19-2005, 08:15 AM
Just after I posted the last reply, I went upstairs to check on the babies and feed them, etc. I found little Pebbles' body limp on her blanket/heating pad. She was not breathing, but she was still about as warm as she had been. Her spirit had just passed on to the Rainbow Bridge. It must have happened just after the name "Pebbles" came to my mind, so that is the name that she will furever be remembered by.............. :(

Deb

Alysser
11-19-2005, 09:31 AM
What about Muff?

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-19-2005, 09:35 AM
What about Muff?

to late..... :( . Read the reply just on top of yours..... :(

Miss Z
11-19-2005, 02:29 PM
I reckon that she should have a very sophisticated name judging by her lovely looks. Priscilla is good, but i love the name Genevieve!:) Perdie or Cleo would suit her as well.

jenluckenbach
11-19-2005, 03:02 PM
OH NO! I am so sorry that this little sweetie needed to leave so soon. I know the pain that goes with this kind of loss. :(

Corinna
11-19-2005, 03:04 PM
At least she was loved long enough for a name.

Karen
11-20-2005, 04:30 PM
Rest in peace, sweetie.

See Cat Memorial, folks.