PDA

View Full Version : Luna and the salt crystal stone (pics)

Kirsten
11-18-2005, 02:18 PM
It's getting cold, the days are getting darker, and Luna seems to have found her own wellness therapy:

I have this salt crystal lamp on my computer desk, and she loves sleeping there with her head against the warm stone (actually it's really hot, but she doesn't seem to care). Look how comfy she seems to be! :) And note her beautiful orangie fur on the inner side of her arm! :)

http://www.catmom.de/pix/luna41.jpg

http://www.catmom.de/pix/luna40.jpg

http://www.catmom.de/pix/luna42.jpg

Kirsten

kb2yjx
11-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Kirsten, She is a sweet girl!!! Isn't it amazing how the cats gravitate to HEAT!! My cats love when I bake!! We have a smooth top stove that gets all cozy warm when things are baking in the oven. Sometimes there are four to five cats piled atop of the stove!! Sandra

Kirsten
11-18-2005, 02:26 PM
Isn't it amazing how the cats gravitate to HEAT!!

Oh yes, it is indeed amazing! I would get a terrible headache if I would rest my head on a warm spot like that!

Kirsten

ramanth
11-18-2005, 02:27 PM
How precious. :)

sirrahbed
11-18-2005, 02:41 PM
Luna looks so cozy/comfy...and YES that orange color on her is just beautiful! :D

Jessika
11-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Kirsten this has probably already been asked and I do apologize if it has but, what camera do you use?

lv4dogs
11-18-2005, 03:14 PM
What a cutie!

Is that lamp naturally warm due to the stone?

Kirsten
11-18-2005, 03:18 PM
what camera do you use?

A Canon Powershot A200, three years old. There are better ones than that, but it's good for close-ups! :)

Is that lamp naturally warm due to the stone?

No, there's a light bulb inside the stone. Due to the orange color of the stone, it makes a very warm and comfy light.

Kirsten

Jessika
11-18-2005, 03:21 PM
A Canon Powershot A200, three years old. There are better ones than that, but it's good for close-ups! :)

Oh NO WAY I have an A300! Hehe. Wow well the saying is VERY true -- its not the camera that makes great pictures but the photographer behind it. You can have a 12MP camera and give it to a beginner and the shots will look like crud. But you give a professional a.. 3MP or whatever, and the shots will be BEAUTIFUL. :)

Kirsten
11-18-2005, 03:30 PM
But you give a professional a.. 3MP or whatever, and the shots will be BEAUTIFUL.

Well, maybe, even though I'm not a professional, but at several occasions, the PowerShot has just reached its limits. I'm NEVER happy with my landscape photos, and it has no optical zoom. Would love to have a better camera, but can't affort it right now. I just bought a new pc yesterday. :rolleyes:

Kirsten

Jessika
11-18-2005, 03:32 PM
Well, maybe, even though I'm not a professional, but at several occasions, the PowerShot has just reached its limits. I'm NEVER happy with my landscape photos, and it has no optical zoom. Would love to have a better camera, but can't affort it right now. I just bought a new pc yesterday. :rolleyes:

Kirsten

I can relate! I know some of the upper PowerShot models are great for landscapes and whatnot, but I know exactly what you mean. Even in 'landscape' mode the shots aren't too sharp at all. And no optical zoom bothers me.. but I still LOVE my camera and its the best for what it is when compared to other cameras in the same 'class' :)

Kirsten
11-18-2005, 03:36 PM
its the best for what it is when compared to other cameras in the same 'class'

That's true! But it's also true what you said about the landscape shots. Always a bit blurry, and I miss an optical zoom, too.

Kirsten

Laura's Babies
11-18-2005, 03:44 PM
I am extreemly interested in that LAMP!! A stone that holds heat from a light bulb? Did you get it online?

Lobodeb
11-18-2005, 03:53 PM
What a sweet picture. The orange on her arm matches the color of the stone!

Barbara
11-18-2005, 03:55 PM
Filou always lies on the heating and I am afraid he will get cooked. But Luna not only gets cooked but even salted :D

She looks soooo happy with the salt crystal lamp :)

Kirsten
11-18-2005, 03:55 PM
I am extreemly interested in that LAMP!! A stone that holds heat from a light bulb? Did you get it online?

No, I once got it as a gift. But you can buy them everywhere here, and you can also order them online.

Here (http://www.saltlamps4u.com/) 's some information! :)

Kirsten

Soapets
11-18-2005, 04:31 PM
AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwww! Luna looks so nice and warm and comfy and cozy in that picture! She's SMART, too, finding a warm place like that to rest when it's getting so cold out! :) GREAT picture!

Deb

catmandu
11-18-2005, 06:39 PM
I wonder if that comes in the Giant Economy Size so all My Found Cats can feel the heat too.
They love to be warm,and all curl in front of the Little Forced Air Blower,the first of thier Cat Mas Presents!

Laura's Babies
11-18-2005, 06:42 PM
I like the idea of the heat it puts out. May be helpful to Amy this winter. I did a search on them and found tons of them...... Now, just to decide which one I want!

catnapper
11-18-2005, 07:31 PM
Care to make some room for me Luna? You look mighty comfy and cozy to snuggle up with. I'll be right over! :D

Those are such beautiful pictures and they really bring out the colors in her fur.

momcat
11-18-2005, 09:07 PM
Luna has never looked more beautiful, happy, and content. As always, your pictures were fantastic! I remember someone once saying that a cat will find the most comfortable spot in the house. Scritchies and smoochies to lovely Luna.....

krazyaboutkatz
11-18-2005, 09:47 PM
Beautiful pictures and the lamp is so neat looking. :)

Felix
11-18-2005, 09:58 PM
Cool Lamp!!! :p Luna looks so cozy :D

Kirsten
11-19-2005, 04:01 AM
I did a search on them and found tons of them...... Now, just to decide which one I want!

Yes, the come in many sizes and shapes. :) Besides, these lamps are not only good-looking, they say they are air purifiers as well! :)

And Barbara is right - they really taste salty! LOL

Kirsten