PDA

View Full Version : NZ to host rugby world cup.......

carole
11-18-2005, 01:53 PM
Now I know this is not that interesting to a lot of you, but I just wanted to share all the same, this is indeed a triumphant moment for NZ, we have won the right to host the Rugby World Cup in 2011, long way a way, but still it is a very good thing for my country, it will bring in around 400 million dollars to the economy, and around 65,000 visitors as well, all good for lil ole NZ, of course NZ is a sports mad country especially when it comes to Rugby and Cricket, so it means a lot to the sports minded people here too, I am happy, anything that boosts our economy or tourism is all good IMO. ;)

Uabassoon
11-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Hmm that's several years away maybe I could save up. I've always wanted to go to NZ and see the All Blacks play, they are my favorite team. I wish the US was more into rugby it's such a great sport and I really enjoy playing.

carole
11-18-2005, 08:11 PM
Aww that is sweet that you like the ALL BLACKS so much, I am surpised anyone here even knows who they are, yes well it is a way away, but times flies, better start saving now eh? :D

Miss Meow
11-18-2005, 10:20 PM
Hmmmm, airfares from here to NZ are only $A400 return at the moment!

Uabassoon
11-18-2005, 10:31 PM
Aww that is sweet that you like the ALL BLACKS so much, I am surpised anyone here even knows who they are.
They are actually quite popular amongst American ruggers. I often get catalogues in the mail to buy rugby gear, this last one that I got had them on the cover. They almost always have an entire section with their merchandise.

I played when I was in college then took a few years off. I now play again with a city team, I missed it so much and am happy to be playing again. Here's a picture of me at a recent home game. I'm #2 I play hooker.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/lickitung/IMG_3205.jpg

G535
11-19-2005, 12:57 AM
Hmmmm, airfares from here to NZ are only $A400 return at the moment!

That's probably cheaper than going to Perth (WA)! :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-19-2005, 01:10 AM
Congrats to NZ - and especially all the rugby-mad people down there. (Believe me - in SA Rugby and Cricket are more like a RELIGION than a sport, so I can relate!!!). We got knocked out in the first round for the 2011 bid, but at least we have the Soccer in 2010. As you said Carole, it is an awesome boost for tourism and the economy!!

carole
11-19-2005, 01:56 AM
Well now you learn something new everyday don't you? I never knew any Americans even played Rugby, so have you got a favourite All Black? Do you like their Haka they perform before the game? ;)

carole
11-19-2005, 01:58 AM
Hey I think if I got my facts right S. Africa voted for us anyhow , but I believe Australia did not, no suprises there eh my across the Tasman Friends, Nicole wouldn't you rather come on down for the Cricket and see your beloved Stephen? :D

Uabassoon
11-21-2005, 10:00 PM
So I jokingly mentioned to Alexa that we should go to NZ in 2011, when she asked why I told her because I wanted to see the rugby world cup. LOL now she's hinting that NZ would be a great place for a honeymoon :D .

Miss Meow
11-22-2005, 03:07 AM
That's probably cheaper than going to Perth (WA)! :)

Are you in the west? My in-laws are in Wanneroo!

Carole, you know I'll never stop stalking Stephen but I need something to do in the off season! :D

carole
11-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Ha Ha Nicole you are so funny, laura sounds like you have a plan, and you sure have some time to save up, your partner seems into it too, so why not, I can recommend it as a lovely place to visit lol. :D