PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else love Target?

caseysmom
11-18-2005, 09:26 AM
I just love target, spent $230 there last night on christmas decorations :eek:

I think the merchandise is so much nicer than walmart. I will have to take pics of the stockings and stocking holders I bought they are so nice.

furrykidsmother
11-18-2005, 09:36 AM
Yes! I love Target! It is nicer than Wal-Mart, usually not as crowded and always have enough Cashier's so you don't have to wait in line for long.

PJ's Mom
11-18-2005, 09:41 AM
I love Target! I spent close to $200 this past weekend buying stuff for our guest bathroom. :eek:

kuhio98
11-18-2005, 10:07 AM
I like Target also. I'm hoping they come to Alaska one of these days.

lv4dogs
11-18-2005, 10:10 AM
I do like the selection at target better for most items. Decorative items, clothes, bedroom sheets/comfortors, etc... etc... But *when* I do need to return something to them I seem to always have problems, even with the receipt!!!

I believe that Walmart is better for regular household products though. Like cleaning supplies, beauty needs etc... A lot cheaper & a better selection.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-18-2005, 10:14 AM
TARGET is great!! I remember AND miss my Target on Lindbergh Boulevard in St.Louis ( we lived there for 2 years!!).

Corinna
11-18-2005, 10:16 AM
I have limited my purchases from them after the policy of NO savlavtion army allowed out side their stores. I go only if I can not find the item ANY where else. Will remain that way until the policy changes.

poofy
11-18-2005, 10:29 AM
I like walmart for all around slection and pricing..jsut like them better.. :D

Lobodeb
11-18-2005, 10:33 AM
I love their prices and selection. I would take them over Walmart any day. There are no Walmarts in the city of Chicago, can you believe that? The walmart close to me is so ghetto, I hate battling the people there.

Targets in general are cleaner and have nicer things. We registered there for the baby!

catnapper
11-18-2005, 10:42 AM
I have to admit I don't like Target. I find their prices higher than anyone else for the same merchandise, plus I find some of their policies offensive. Like the Salvation Army one Corinna mentioned, and many more.

Though I have to admit their decorations are nice! I actually did buy a few there last Christmas :p

poofy
11-18-2005, 10:59 AM
I read in an article in the news ,ownership it is France based and french people own it..they also refuse to donate to a lot of american war effort drives and some toy drives. :confused: :confused: Of course these are american war efforts and american toy drives.And some other stuff I cant rember, but know enough that at I would not shop there for these and the salvation army thing.I dont like to support companys that wont support the country they are living off of.. :D

caseysmom
11-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Poofy, that is an urban legend

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp

Felix
11-18-2005, 11:31 AM
We dont have a Target here :( So I do alot of my shopping at Walmart...they get alot of "kitty money" from me ;)

poofy
11-18-2005, 11:32 AM
Poofy, that is an urban legend

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp
OOOPS...never read that ..sorry France.. :D

caseysmom
11-18-2005, 11:34 AM
I have never had trouble returning to target or walmart, when I use my visa at target and mervyns I don't even need a receipt to return. I think walmart is the same. Sams I have had some trouble with returns but I think its just because my local sams had a bunch of jerks there.

I just think that target has some really pretty decorative things for the house that walmart doesn't.

wolfie
11-18-2005, 11:34 AM
Glad lots of you like Target. Keep shopping! (I work there ^_^)

lv4dogs
11-18-2005, 12:05 PM
I didn't know that they don't allow the salvation army to set up outside their stores. Looks like I'm NOT going to Target anymore at all! I hardly ever even went since I had trouble returning & exchanging items there.

Once I bought a purse there, got home noticed that the zipper was broke. Took it back, tags, receipt & all. All I wanted to do was exchange it for another one. Well the one I bought was blue & they had no more blue purses there. But they did have a ton of other colors of the same exact purse. But no, could it be that easy. I had to return the purse at the service counter then go into the regular line to purchase the new purse because it was a different color.

The same thing happened with a jacket. The same story, they didn't have the same color that I originally bought. I bought the jacket when it was on sale. They told me that I HAD to pay the difference of when it was on sale or they wouldn't do the return!!!!! :mad: Well I'd rather pay $7 than loose $25 so I paid the difference. This time though I didn't have to go to another line.

Then my ex b/f bought a bicycle there & I don't know exactly what happened but he had a heck of a time returning that too. Took him a few days & multiple visits & phone calls. He had even paid with a credit card, had the receipts, tags, stickers, everything!

Needless to say I've only been to Targets a few times in the last couple years. Now I'm not going at all.... unless I absolutely have no other choice what-so-ever. I can't believe they don't allow the SA to be there.

sammy101
11-18-2005, 09:14 PM
i love Target. much better than Walmart

afterall,who doesnt love there mascot :D
http://www.wrl.org/kids/images/targedog.jpg

Flatcoatluver
11-18-2005, 09:17 PM
I love target!!! they have great cloths and good dog stuff and even better they don't sale fish like wal-mart does.