PDA

View Full Version : **~Jaime/Josh/Nug Update~**

Samantha Puppy
11-18-2005, 08:25 AM
Well, Josh got the offer letter and will be sending the paperwork back today or tomorrow, so it's official - he's got a new job! He'll be making 13K more than he does now, which means I will be able to cut my hours from full- to part-time. He's also decided not to let his current boss counter-offer - he's just going to take the new position. Things are starting to come together.

Also - in the next week, we'll be meeting with the wife of one of my coworkers (Ken). He and his wife, Stephanie, have 4 kids - a 2 1/2 year old and 1 year old triplets, and Stephanie stays home with them. When she found out that Josh and I were having trouble figuring out what to do with the baby once maternity leave was over, she offered to watch him while I work for $100 a week. While we haven't made a final decision yet, we both are leaning towards doing it for several reasons:

1. Ken and Stephanie live, literally, 1 mile away from my office. If she were to call and say that the baby was sick or something, I'd be there in 2 minutes.

2. I'd rather leave my baby in the care of a mother than a stranger. I'd also rather have him be in a happy home with happy parents and happy children than a daycare atmosphere.

3. Because of their four children, he will still be socialized.

4. Stephanie will be going back to work but not until the triplets are in kindergarten or first grade - so that means we have approximately 3-4 years to sock away money so that I can stay home eventually.

5. $100/week isn't cheap but I am having a hell of a time finding part-time daycare for infants at all and those places that do have openings are charging no less than $250/week. We definitely don't have that.

So! Once we meet with her and have our questions answered and whatnot, we'll be making our decision but I do believe that we will be accepting her offer. She loves children (she'd have to with a 2 1/2 year old and 3 one year olds!) and I love that I'd be so close to him.

Keep those good thoughts and prayers coming our way - little by little, it looks like things are beginning to work in our favor! :)

mina'smomma
11-18-2005, 08:37 AM
That is wonderful Jaime. I hope everything goes well and she is exactly what you guys want for Nug.

pitc9
11-18-2005, 09:19 AM
Sure sounds like things will work out great!!
Good Luck!!!

caseysmom
11-18-2005, 09:55 AM
That situation sounds ideal. My daughters pediatrician always recommened a home setting for the girls when they were infants, I had a similar situation, a family friend, it was $15 a day for each girl, so 75 a week per child, that was 12 years ago so 100 a week sounds reasonable.

kuhio98
11-18-2005, 10:06 AM
This sounds like it could really work out well for all of you. $100 sounds pretty reasonable to me. With her living so close to your office, you could run over on your lunch hour if you wanted to feed Nug. :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-18-2005, 10:18 AM
AWWW (((HUGS))) Jaime - I am So glad it sounds like things are finally falling into place for you. i'm so glad - you deserve a break!!!

prechrswife
11-18-2005, 12:22 PM
Yea! It sounds like things are really moving in the right direction. :)

finn's mom
11-18-2005, 12:51 PM
Awesome! It all sounds wonderful! Congrats on the job and the possiblity of a sitter, she sounds perfect for your situation!

Samantha Puppy
11-19-2005, 06:57 AM
Thanks everyone! I'm feeling really good about everything so I'm pretty sure it'll all work out... I hope. The prayers don't hurt though, so keep 'em comin!

BitsyNaceyDog
11-19-2005, 07:24 AM
Everything sounds like it's going great.
I think $100 per week is a bargain! Break it down-
$100/ week
= $20/ day
= $2.50/ hour (if you leave him for 8 hours per day)

Karen
11-19-2005, 01:04 PM
Sounds great, things are looking up! :)

Samantha Puppy
11-19-2005, 10:21 PM
Everything sounds like it's going great.
I think $100 per week is a bargain! Break it down-
$100/ week
= $20/ day
= $2.50/ hour (if you leave him for 8 hours per day)
Yup, but with Josh's new job I won't have to work 8 hours a day - just 4-5. So it's closer to $5/hr., not that that's a big deal. It's just the big main reason he started looking elsewhere for a new job was so I either didn't have to work at all or work full-time. And we're getting our wish!!! :D

Things are definitely coming down to the wire. We asked one of our oldest friends to be Godfather about 20 minutes ago and he was very touched (and said yes!). :) We'll ask the Godmother on Wednesday. The baby shower was today and went really well! I can't believe that this time next month, I could have a little baby!!!