PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a disability

king2005
11-17-2005, 09:58 PM
Ok, my sister forgets what she has. Its been quite a few years since shes had to think about it.

shes asking:
Whats the disability called when tou don't understand what you read, and your unable to sound words out & spell.

Shes failing her english class for the 3rd time because of this. But all her assignments & exams are in the 90s/100 (which is an A). Shes a smart kid, but this teacher keeps failing her because of her problems with speech. Shes going to the Special Ed groups to get help (even tho she really doesn't need it), but they will review all her work & it its good enough for her disabalilty, they'll pass her.

Shes really depressed again & I fear she'll get back into her old habbits if this isn't solved. Argg, all I want it for her to graduate & start living a life, she ruined her teenhood, I atleast want her to have a happy adulthood. If all else fails, I'll hunt down the dean myself (I only learned of this issue tonight).

AllAmericanPUP
11-17-2005, 10:00 PM
dyslexia ?

king2005
11-17-2005, 10:29 PM
I decided to hunt down the Dean anyways. I wrote a nice long email & I pray she gets back to me ASAP, or I'll be forced to call her myself.

Karen
11-17-2005, 10:46 PM
Sounds like Dyslexia. My cousin has it pretty badly, and Paul's brother is very dyslexic as well. Drawing letters backwards is another symptom.

Corinna
11-17-2005, 11:10 PM
Sounds like more than dexleia I have a form of it but it is in Numbers (mostly) my spelling some times rotton. The speech part doesn't jive with the reading part. She may have more than dexleia, perhaps a speech pathologist may be helpful.

king2005
11-18-2005, 12:07 AM
I know I have dexleia, but she doesn't seem to have the same issues as I do.

She use to say Poon instead of Spoon. I get a lot of things backwards, which slows down my reading. But its my parents fault for my english/grammer/spelling/vocabulary(lack of) issues. Thats not a mental issue, thats just stupidity on my parents part (long story).

I'll ask her tomorrow night if dexleia sounds familliar.

My email is down so I can touch up my letter to the dean, if we can find out what she has.

EDIT: She has alot of these problems due to being partly deaf.