PDA

View Full Version : Back to the white coats for Tuna

Uabassoon
11-17-2005, 05:26 PM
I don't know too much since all I know is what Alexa left on my voicemail. Alexa took Tuna back to the vet this morning. He went to a new vet since we are frustrated with our last vet. Tuna was a bit grumpy this morning, but I don't blame him. This is his third vet (first the ER vet, then his regular vet, now the new one) in less than a week. They gassed him up so he would calm down and took a urine sample. He still had a lot of blood in his urine from an infection. They gave him a shot (I have no clue of what) and some antibotics. He will also have to be put on a special diet. Poor guy :( But I swear we are going to have to put him in a plastic bubble. First his intestinal surgery and now this.

I think Alexa was happy with this new vet. We both love our main vet and he is great but everytime he goes out of town (which is often) we both have felt that we get horrible treatment. The other vet and the staff are just horrible. I've already stopped taking Corkscrew to them because I don't want to take the risk of our vet being out of town and getting bad service.

When I hear from Alexa again I'll be sure to update.

catmandu
11-17-2005, 05:58 PM
We are praying at the Found Cat Hotel,for Our Friend Tuna to pull through.
We want our Friend Tuna,to be the healthy Happy Cat,and be back with his Meeowmie very soon.

Uabassoon
11-17-2005, 06:37 PM
Alexa just picked up a very drugged up Tuna from the vet. She talked with the tech there and was given a few different pills and some Hill's prescription diet. The vet is supposed to give her a call tomorrow and give her the details of what was wrong with Tuna.

Laura's Babies
11-17-2005, 07:12 PM
I will wait until the vets calls with what he found to be the problem.. Some just seem to go that extra mile and get to the root of the problem.. Sounds like this one is one of those!

kimlovescats
11-17-2005, 09:58 PM
Poor Tuna ... I hope this does the trick! ;)

krazyaboutkatz
11-17-2005, 11:10 PM
Poor Tuna. :( I hope that he'll feel better soon and that the meds and new diet will do the trick. Please continue to keep us updated.

shais_mom
11-18-2005, 12:09 AM
feel better Tuna!

catnapper
11-18-2005, 08:18 AM
Poor Tuna. Prayers that he'll be a-ok very soon.

ChrisH
11-19-2005, 07:15 AM
Poor baby. :( Any updates, Laura?)