PDA

View Full Version : Who's the alpha cat in your house?

Kirsten
11-17-2005, 02:44 PM
You would think it's Lily here, as she's more active and more nawtee, and Luna would just get up and walk away when the little one is getting on her nerves...

But in fact, I think it's still Luna who has the upper hand. Not only that she's "nursing" Lily, she's also the one who eats first when they get their meal at night. Lily's patiently waiting till Luna has finished eating, and whenever Luna comes back to their bowl, Lily would step back so Luna can eat. There's no fighting over the food bowl at all, so I guess their arrangement works perfectly for both of them.

Can you tell who's the alpha kitty in your household? Just curious! :)

Kirsten

lv4dogs
11-17-2005, 03:11 PM
I honestly don't know. Sometimes I swear Meko is, other times I swear it's Tiki. Sometimes it's neither & sometimes it's both.

Am I missing something or is it possible that there isn't one? Or they both are? Or maybe they just haven't figured it out yet.

slick
11-17-2005, 03:11 PM
In my house it's definitely Max. He has such an attitude and thinks he's God's gift to humanity and all living beings are his servants. Sadly (or happily) I comply. :o :D

Flatcoatluver
11-17-2005, 03:20 PM
Kasey all the way, she never was that way, but when she got hit by a car we had to keep her in a crate and she got really spoiled so she dosn't like cats anymore, she loves dog though.

Lobodeb
11-17-2005, 04:04 PM
Can a kitten be an alpha to an adult? Payton is more energetic, whereas Sammy is Mr. Cool Cat and is sooooo laid back. Sammy will get up and walk away when Payton is getting on his nerves.

lvpets2002
11-17-2005, 04:07 PM
:o Oh that would be my Camera Hamm Calitt .. I am telling you that if anyone of the others trys to take over she will put them in place real fast..

kuhio98
11-17-2005, 04:29 PM
I would have thought it would be the oldest (Cammie), but it's not.
You'd think it would be the one who was here first and the biggest (Halo), but it's not.

It's the littlest, youngest, last to arrive Pepper who rules the house.
What she says goes! Cammie has been successful in getting her to back down once or twice, but that's only because Pepper had other things on her mind.

Yessiree, Pepper Pea Pod Pie rules the roost. :D

catnapper
11-17-2005, 04:32 PM
Its definately Allen, but Harry has been vying for the title lately. He's definately #2 cat, and hasn't quite worked up the nerve to fight Allen for the #1 spot.

catmandu
11-17-2005, 04:57 PM
I think that oddly enough its Scrappy 2.
When I pour out the Temptations,she gets her nose in first.
When I put down the Food,she gets first dibs.
And The Holstein Meezer pretty well has the first choice of where to sleep.
It must be the effect,of living outside,and having to battle the Bigger Porch Cats for the food.
She is top Cat,at the Found Cat Hotel.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-17-2005, 04:58 PM
INKA !! Defenitely!!! That is why it was Inka who hissed the most when Zazou joined our family: she wanted to make sure that Zazou "got the picture" :rolleyes: :D

G535
11-17-2005, 05:24 PM
We only have one cat but he rules us too. Does that count as an alpha cat? :)

Uabassoon
11-17-2005, 05:27 PM
Corkscrew for sure, if he wants something then he gets it. Tibby also tends to follow him around. If something new is going on she will watch Corkscrew's recation before reacting herself. He always takes the lead.

Laura's Babies
11-17-2005, 07:19 PM
I think mine is Chester although AND because he makes SURE the girls are taken care of first. He will stand and wait until they have their food, not touching his until they all are happily eating. He comes in and does a head count on them like a mother hen several times a day, breaks up the disagreements they have and watches over HIS treats as the girls eats their own, then his. Satisfied they are happy, he will then go take another nap. He is SUCH a Gentleman!

Edwina's Secretary
11-17-2005, 09:24 PM
As I read this Edwina is whacking Eddie around....(I don't think he really minds... :rolleyes: ) She is smaller, older, and less lethal (no front claws.) No matter....when she gives Eddie "the look"...he obeys!

Craftlady
11-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Eleanor when it comes to litter box (she sure can clear a room out) since she doesnt bother to bury. LOL
Cindy and Eleanor via over leftover wet food that Thumper leaves. LOL

krazyaboutkatz
11-17-2005, 11:16 PM
Storm is the alpha cat around here now but I think that Pearl just might become the new alpha when she gets older because right now she always gets her way and all of her brothers adore her. LOL :D

Randy_K
11-18-2005, 12:45 AM
It's definitely Mango. The girls give in to whatever he says. He often takes their sleeping spot just because he can but mostly he's a benevolent dictator. If there's a foster cat in the house and he says the cat is OK then the girls grudgingly leave it alone. They worry about their place in the pecking order being disturbed but Mango is secure. Mango likes to play with foster kittens - kind of a surrogate daddy - and it's the cutest thing to watch. He really is a sweet guy.

prechrswife
11-18-2005, 08:00 AM
Saphirah is the alpha cat here, without a doubt!!

elizabethann
11-18-2005, 08:05 AM
Maxie is the alpha BEING in my family. He orders everybody around (pets AND humans). I just wished he'd pay the bills! :D :)

Kirsten
11-18-2005, 11:47 AM
I don't think it's a question of age, as Peggy seemed to be ready for the alpha role almost right from the start, and Dino seems to have accepted it.

Kirsten

moosmom
11-18-2005, 06:46 PM
While Mollie Rose, my 12 year old, is the oldest in my house, she isn't the alpha cat. All the cats respect her, but Maya Linn in the alpha female. And who else but MooShoo (the only male in the house) is the alpha male.

Kirsten
11-19-2005, 04:03 AM
I didn't know that there can be alpha males AND females at the same time. That's interesting!

Kirsten