PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Flint River Ranch Dry Water food

.sarah
11-17-2005, 01:53 PM
http://www.flintdogfood.com/dog_drywater.htm

Anyone feed this? I'm kinda confused, they don't give a good description on the website. Is it just regular kibble? I am so lost, but it looks interesting so I want to know!

beeniesmom
11-17-2005, 03:52 PM
No, I don't feed this. I usually feed them Nutro or Merrick dog food.
I have visited this site before. It looks like freeze-dried food and then by adding warm water, it returns to its normal consistency, kinda like a sundried tomato soaked in warm water for a bit.
If you get it, let us know if it's any good.

Jessika
11-17-2005, 03:58 PM
Well as you know I don't feed it but I have heard LOTS of good things about this particular brand of food. It looks to me that you just add warm water and let it sit for a bit before feeding to your pups.

elizabethann
11-18-2005, 08:02 AM
No, I don't feed this. I usually feed them Nutro or Merrick dog food.

Sorry to change the subject for 1 second. But Beeniesmom, did you see Merrick has a new dog food (soft)? It's called Smothered Comfort. I bought some for Fenway last night but I haven't opened it yet.

Now, back on subject...I don't know anything about Flint River. In fact, I've never heard of it. Please let us know if you purchase it and whether your dog likes it. Thanks!

P.S. It does look very interesting.

beeniesmom
11-18-2005, 08:26 AM
Sorry to change the subject for 1 second. But Beeniesmom, did you see Merrick has a new dog food (soft)? It's called Smothered Comfort. I bought some for Fenway last night but I haven't opened it yet.

No, I haven't seen it.
Is it canned? Let me know if Fenway likes it.

elizabethann
11-18-2005, 08:29 AM
Yes, it's canned. I'll let you know what he thinks of it.

:)

poofy
11-18-2005, 11:58 AM
Is it ok to always feed a adult dog canned or wet food???

Jessika
11-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Is it ok to always feed a adult dog canned or wet food???

It's not BAD, but typically wet food is more expensive per weight, and not to mention you're paying for mostly water weight if you think about it. ;) I would have dry kibble and maybe soak it in warm water or a broth if my pups wanted wet/canned food. You just need to keep an eye on their dental hygene and make sure their teeth are nice and clean on wet food :)

poofy
11-18-2005, 12:15 PM
It's not BAD, but typically wet food is more expensive per weight, and not to mention you're paying for mostly water weight if you think about it. ;) I would have dry kibble and maybe soak it in warm water or a broth if my pups wanted wet/canned food. You just need to keep an eye on their dental hygene and make sure their teeth are nice and clean on wet food :)
Thanks , I dont know where I got the idea they had to have dry food.. :D

.sarah
11-18-2005, 10:33 PM
bump :) Thanks guys! I was thinking about the food for Luka, however I think Solid Gold will work just fine. This just looks like it tastes better hehe.

tz1
11-18-2005, 10:42 PM
Zero eats a mix of home cooked japanese food, purina one for large breeds, treats of all kinds, and fruits/vegetables...he loves everything! especially Sukiyaki beef (japanese stir fry...with a sauce that consists of sake, soy sauce, and sugar), and rice ;)

elizabethann
11-19-2005, 07:43 AM
beeniesmom - Fenway LOVES Smothered Comfort.

KYS
11-19-2005, 04:17 PM
I have a friend who use to swear by this food.
She had fed it the her past AKita who had suffered from epilepsy.
She loved that the kibble was baked because she was worried
about bloat.
I tried it 5 years ago for a short period.
It was considered one of the top foods back than.