PDA

View Full Version : Who Hates Baths? Raise Your Paws

dukedogsmom
11-17-2005, 01:50 PM
Poor, mistreated Duke. I decided to give him a bath yesterday. Here's how sad he gets when it's time. However, after the bath, he runs around the house like a puppy. He even felt so good last night that he had a good noserubber. I made sure to get him extra clean.

Jessika
11-17-2005, 01:54 PM
Aww you poor thing!! Haha.

Jamie and Charlie both hate baths outside with the hose. Jamie likes swimming, playing in water, playing with the hose, she just doesn't like baths with the hose. O_o

Inside she doesn't like it, either. Neither of them do LOL. I should just take her swimming in the lake and give her a bath that way.

.sarah
11-17-2005, 01:55 PM
My dogs are the same -- especially Mandy and Nova. They HATE baths, but once it's over they are soooo happy! Luka doesn't mind baths, but I haven't bathed her at home yet, only at work, so I don't know if she does the noserubbing like Nova.

Corinna
11-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Poor Duke is Mommy ever mean. Merlin used to be that way too, what a pup after a bath .

Cinder & Smoke
11-17-2005, 02:09 PM
Hey Duke ~

Cinners here ...
Whassa'mattter - I kan still *see* yur earz!

When *I* see da soapy jug ... I *smush* my lil earbonez so FLAT
poor ole Dad thinkz dey fell'd off! :p

Flatcoatluver
11-17-2005, 02:10 PM
aww duke!!! Zoey loves baths, but t.j can agree with you!!

poofy
11-17-2005, 02:39 PM
Yes Sammyj hates Baths, getting ready to see how yollie takes it..and I know my daughters 3 hate it to, but yeppers evey time its over , yippie, I feel sooooooooooo good..lol..lol.. :D

caseysmom
11-17-2005, 03:03 PM
Casey doens't care for her bath but she just sort of tolerates it, Bubba on the other hand cries like a human baby.

Lobodeb
11-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Awwww, poor Duke! You look so sad! Mommy isn't trying to be mean, I promise. I'm glad to hear you did nose rubbies afterwords, though! I liked your little happy doggy dance.

Maggy hates baths too. I can't even open the cabinet where her shampoo is because she'll run and hide under the bed. :rolleyes:

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-17-2005, 03:57 PM
lol...Poor Duke. Those pics are adorable, Val :)

Tango actually gets excited for a bath, the other 3 give me a look very similar to the one Duke gave you though.

Daisy and Delilah
11-17-2005, 04:37 PM
Hi Duke. Boy can we relate to this! We hate it when Mom gives us a bath. She has to pull us out from under the bed, chase us around the house, and generally make a fool of herself. We think it's pretty funny ;) After the bath, we do zoomies through the house and rub our bodies on everything. The house looks like a tornado hit it after it's over. :D

Duke: We don't care if you ever take a bath, we still think you're a hunky hunk ;) ;) :D ;) ;)

cali
11-17-2005, 06:08 PM
lol Happy would have to agree with duke abouth baths, but rather then look as pitiful as poor Duke, she begs me to stop, and wont take no for an answer, she will just keep shoving her face at me and resists all pushing :rolleyes:

PJ's Mom
11-17-2005, 10:42 PM
Awww Duke, you poor, poor boy. :D

Bigyummydog
11-17-2005, 11:17 PM
I think MAXIMUS fakes hating the shower. He too makes such
a fuss getting in the tub. But then he too, gets all crazy like
a puppy when it's all over.
This is the PITiful thing before.........
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/bigyummydog/100_1097.jpg

tz1
11-17-2005, 11:32 PM
:D Lmao, i love all of your pictures, I am borrowing my girlfriend's mom's digi cam for the weekend so youallneed to get ready for Zero's pathetic display of sadness when he takes his bath!!

Daisy and Delilah
11-18-2005, 06:50 AM
These pictures are hilarious!! Can't wait to see yours tz1!! LOL :D

dogzr#1
11-18-2005, 07:04 AM
We usually give the dogs a bath outside because it is still fairly warm. Molly doesn't mind taking a bath. We just tell her to sit down and she stays still. We can tell she doesn't like the bath much but she still stays still.

Astra on the other hand would just want to play. When we turn the hose on she runs all around the yard. We have to chase her, and boy is she fast!! She is also a very good dodger, we have her trapped in a corner but she some how escapes. Once we FINALLY get her we have to have one person holding her down. I don't think she doesn't like taking a bath, I think she just wants to play!;)

Prince doesn't like to take a bath but he is so small that he doesn't cause any trouble. We fill up a kiddie pool and bring him outside. We pick him up and he knows what's gonna happen. He gets all stiff, and when his feet touch the water they start moving so it looks like he is trying to run away. He also does this thing with his tail, so that it looks like he is trying to fly away!

Poor Duke! Well at least you will smell clean!!:);)

pitc9
11-18-2005, 07:12 AM
They get bathed outside in the summer after we walk in the river (eeewww! You never know what's been in there! :eek: )
Sierra cries, howls, and woooohs the entire time and will dart away in a split second if she's not being held tightly. Buddy, I don't know... as soon as the water out of the hose touches him, he freezes. So I don't know if he's so afraid that he's frozen with fear or he doesn't mind it, and just stands there. :confused: :p

Duke... you always put such a huge smile on my face!
Smooches to you! ;)

elizabethann
11-18-2005, 07:47 AM
LOL. Poor Duke. Fenway can sympathize. Bath's aren't fun.

Pembroke_Corgi
11-18-2005, 07:53 AM
I liked everyone's pictures of their poor pups taking a bath! :D

My dogs are the same way. Marta doesn't mind too much, but she runs around like crazy afterwards. Adele HATES it though. She will not even eat treats while she's getting a bath, she just stands there patiently looking as though I am trying to torture her to death. Sometimes if there is water running and it's coming from the bathroom, she will flee if she thinks there is any possibility of a bath!

mina'smomma
11-18-2005, 09:32 AM
Well the funny thing is my mom's doxy begs to be bathed. When I lived with them I could never take a shower without Beanie whining at the door. If I left the door open she would paw at the tub because she want to take a shower too. I guess it steams from us giving a bath while we take a shower.

k9krazee
11-18-2005, 02:30 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/kangashrew13/My%20dogs/100_4986.jpg

Jack speaks for all the Hoodlums, they all hate baths!!! Jack used to like them when he was younger, he would even get in the bathtub when I was taking a shower :eek: but not anymore, he HATES them :( Micki, Mini and Kyra never like them and Shadow tolerates it but looks miserable the whole time :(

Poor Duke, lol :D

ESS-lover
11-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Cowboy will jump in the river, stream and pool, run under the hose, etc.... but HATES getting a 'bath'...

vinjashira
11-18-2005, 03:20 PM
:D you don't seem to be enjoying baths Duke :p

I don't know how Snowy really feels about baths. I mean she doesn't seem to like it but why on earth does she keep rolling on something nasty from time to time if not to get a bath? :rolleyes: