PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

ramanth
11-17-2005, 11:56 AM
So who's excited about seeing this movie? :D

My sister, Andy, a few friends, and myself have tickets to see it tonight at Midnight. Some of us plan to dress up. I'll bring my camera. :D

We're getting dinner at 8, then getting in line at the theater at 10. I can't wait! :cool:

Here's my costume (I'm the Slytherin between the Gryffindor and Hagrid):
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/ramanth/misc%20images/hp.jpg

Kirbys Mom
11-17-2005, 12:09 PM
LUCKY! well me and my friend are goin tomorrow at 6pm we bought the tickets online! i cant wait to see it the fouth book is my fav along witht he 6th. cant wait

Maresche
11-17-2005, 12:27 PM
I'm so excited to see this that I can hardly think straight. Unfortunately I have to wait until NEXT Friday (busy at the office and issues finding a baby sitter). I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!

Anita Cholaine
11-17-2005, 12:30 PM
You, lucky girl!!:D Unfortunately, it will be on theatres next thursday here, so, I have to wait...

AllAmericanPUP
11-17-2005, 12:39 PM
lol thats cool!
me and some friends dressed up for lord of the rings(the 1st one if i remember right) when it came out..it was fun

ChrisH
11-17-2005, 12:43 PM
Goblets of Fire is the only Harry Potter book I have read, I saw the trailer when I went to see Corpse Bride and was really impressed. Have a great time! :)

.sarah
11-17-2005, 12:45 PM
Okay, I'm not into Harry Potter so you need to explain which one you are in terms of "2nd from the left". ;)

Samantha Puppy
11-17-2005, 12:54 PM
I'd like to see it but I will wait until the crowd dies down a little. I'll also try and see a later show so the chance of annoying kids in the audience is lower.

ramanth
11-17-2005, 12:55 PM
Okay, I'm not into Harry Potter so you need to explain which one you are in terms of "2nd from the left". ;)
Actually, that's right. :D I'm the 2nd from the left. Between the girl in red and the really tall guy. ;)

PJ's Mom
11-17-2005, 12:55 PM
3 of my kids are catching the midnight show. They bought their tickets a couple of weeks ago and are also planning on getting to the theater at around 10. :)

mina'smomma
11-17-2005, 12:56 PM
Ok Kimmy,

I don't like you anymore. I have to wait until Sunday to go see it. Hubby wants us to see it together. ;) You'll have to let me know how good it is. I've read all the books and the Fourth one and sixth one are my favorite.

.sarah yes she is the second one on the left.

finn's mom
11-17-2005, 12:58 PM
I can't wait to see it! Your costumes are outstanding!

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-17-2005, 01:04 PM
WAAAAH you are SO lucky - I am dying to see it, but who knows how long it will take to come out in Bahrain :(

Corinna
11-17-2005, 01:51 PM
Hubby and I have planned a whole date for this one. Kids keep trying to butt in and come too. No way!!!

kuhio98
11-17-2005, 02:11 PM
Actually, that's right. :D I'm the 2nd from the left. Between the girl in red and the really tall guy. ;)

I think she means, what is a Slytherin? If not, that's what I'm asking.
I've never read a Harry Potter book so what the heck is a Slytherin? Is it the name of a character? :confused:

ramanth
11-17-2005, 02:29 PM
I think she means, what is a Slytherin? If not, that's what I'm asking.
I've never read a Harry Potter book so what the heck is a Slytherin? Is it the name of a character? :confused:
Hogwarts, the school of Witchcraft and Wizardry is broken up into four houses: Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff.

Harry Potter and friends are in Gryffindor. The mean kids are in Slytherin. ;)

This site has a great overview of all the books currently out. :)

http://www.mugglenet.com/books/index.shtml

Uabassoon
11-17-2005, 05:08 PM
I'll be there tonight at midnight :) Me and a bunch of my friends are dressing up. Here's my costume.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/lickitung/IMG_3244.jpg

I won't be wearing the yellow shirt underneath though. I'll try to post some pictures of me and my friends tomorrow.

I'm of course a Gryffindor, Alexa is a Ravenclaw and we have a Slytherin in the group as well, however we were unable to convince anyone to be a Hufflepuff!

sammy101
11-17-2005, 06:47 PM
a few of my friends are going to the midnight premiere here.The theatres here have been sold out all week :eek: .
I'm waiting a while before i go see it,its going to be sold out for the next couple of weeks.

Toby's my baby
11-17-2005, 07:57 PM
I'm going! I dont know when yet, but it's a tradition for me, my sister, and Emma (formaly Dogz) to go when it opens!! I dont see Emma much anymore, since she transfered to a different school, but hopefully we can get together!

Chica
11-17-2005, 08:15 PM
I can't wait to see this movie!!!!!!!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/CHICA2/dog_rover_giving_flower_sm_nwm.gif

Uabassoon
11-17-2005, 10:14 PM
Less than three hours! I'll be leaving for the theater in about an hour. My friends are already there, we are bringing them food in return for holding our place in line.

binka_nugget
11-18-2005, 12:16 AM
I love working for a movie theatre :D We're watching it tonight at the staff screening. YAY :D

mina'smomma
11-18-2005, 07:28 AM
Ok Kimmy

Must have details as hubby wouldn't let me go without him. :rolleyes: Is it good? Does it do the book justice? Details girl.

ramanth
11-18-2005, 08:10 AM
I picked up Goblet of Fire a few months ago with the intention of re-reading it before seeing the movie but never got a chance too.

With that in mind, I can't say how much the movie differs from the book going from memory. I knew certain scenes would be cut and I didn't mind that.

However, I thought the movie was awesome! GOF is my favorite of the books and this movie was just spectacular. I was amazed and I look forward to seeing it again.

I'll refrain from posting spoilers until after the weekend. :D

wolfie
11-18-2005, 11:40 AM
So lucky! I have to wait until my sister gets out of work today to go. I haven't decided if I will dress up or not. (I'm in Ravenclaw. Yay!)

finn's mom
11-18-2005, 12:52 PM
I want to go, but, I'd have to go by myself to see it. No problem with most movies, but, I don't want to see that one alone. :) My mom and dad just left for ten days, and, my mom would go see it...but, I have to wait til they get back. And, my friend that would go see it hasn't seen the others, so, I want him to see the others first. :)

Uabassoon
11-18-2005, 01:57 PM
Here's a picture from last night. This is me with my friend Mary, she posts here occasionally her PT name is Maryon.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/lickitung/IMG_3372.jpg

I had a great time last night. They let us into the theaters at around 9:45 which was really nice. I went outside for a little while and got hit on by a creepy old man! He was middle aged and kept telling me that he liked me wand! Ewww! Thankfully I someone that I knew saw me and walked up to me, then he finally realized I wasn't going to be talking to him anymore and he walked off.

The movie was great. I read the book recently so it was still pretty fresh in my mind. The movie was so fast paced, it took me a little while to get used to it. However the book was long and the movie is only about 2 and a half hours so I think they did a great job. I want to go back and see it again.

Suki Wingy
11-18-2005, 04:21 PM
I claim myself to be a proud Ravenclaw and meant to order a ravenclaw shirt a while ago but FORGOT! My friend's sweet 16 is tomarrow night and I think we are seeing it.

KYS
11-18-2005, 06:03 PM
I also can't wait to see the movie, but want to will wait
till the crowds die down from the opening weekend.

Corinna
11-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Ok we just got back from the matinee Totally awsome !!!!! Loveed the Weasley Twins so funny that pair.

catnapper
11-18-2005, 10:56 PM
Hubby and I snuck out to see the matinee this afternoon (only way we can afford movies anymore! :D ) and I must say I loved it! I was curious how much they'd have to edit out since the book was soooo long, but they did a good job of it. Hubby did feel the ending just left him hanging though.

I thought the special effects were awesome. The scenery was breathtaking. Definately something everyone shold see!

clarebear
11-19-2005, 10:00 AM
Well Im in the middle of playing the video game of it now.

I have got it on PlayStation 2. I finished the first video game and it took me WEEKS to do it lol.

gemini9961
11-19-2005, 10:06 AM
I am going tonight to see it. I haven't read any of the books but have seen all of the movies so far.

bluekat
11-19-2005, 04:48 PM
I was supposed to go today but my friends can't go :( *sighs* I think I might be going tomorrow instead.
Everyone's telling me its really good..I can't wait to see it :D

I love Cedric Diggory ;) hehe. I'm definately going to be shedding some tears at the end..

dogzr#1
11-19-2005, 06:01 PM
I really loved it! I went and saw it today at 11:40 in the morning. I still think the book was better, but it was still REALLY good. I loved it!!

k9krazee
11-20-2005, 08:33 AM
I saw it last night :D AMAZING!!! I loved it, I agree the book was MUCH better but they always are :p The scenery was beautiful and I don't think we've ever seen the common room before....Cedric...Oh man...can you say HOTT!!! :D :p

flamepony12
11-20-2005, 09:45 AM
I saw it last yesterday, and I loved it. :D Definitely the best HP movie so far.

gemini9961
11-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Saw it last night and I agree, it has been the best movie so far.

Suki Wingy
11-20-2005, 09:30 PM
:( :( :( I just got back from seeing the movie. All I can say right now is that the director took about 75% more "Artistic leeway" or whatever it is called than I thought he should have been able to. This was my favorite book other than 6 so I was really disapointed.
I wish they wouldn't have played up Hermione and Harry together, they are really going to have a problem when it gets to the 6th movie.
I really wish Dobby was in this one. Also, I thought making the horses white instead of palomino and a blue carrage really took away all of the regalness. It gets a thumbs down.

AllAmericanPUP
11-20-2005, 10:01 PM
I just saw it this afternoon and i thought it was AMAZING!! i really loved it!
it's been a long time since i read the book so i cant compare, wich i am glad, because i think people compare the book and movies too much

mina'smomma
11-21-2005, 07:46 AM
I loved the movie. Hubbie and I went to see it last night. It wasn't as good as the first two, but not as bad as movie three. I had hoped to see more like when Hermonie catches Rita Skinner on the window sill, but they cut that out.

K9soul
11-21-2005, 08:28 AM
I went yesterday and really enjoyed it. I haven't read the books, but I can say that when going to a movie that is based off a book, you have to go expecting that everything will not be exactly as it was in the book. I actually usually prefer to read books AFTER a movie if possible, otherwise I'm too distracted in the movie by what is different or how close it is to really focus on it as a seperate entity. I remember when reading people's reactions to Lord of the Rings on various reviews and websites, most people were amazed and enchanted by the movie, but there are always a few who are so caught up in the differences from the books that they actually couldn't even enjoy the movie!

Anyway, just some rambling thoughts from me this morning. I did feel the ending was "left hanging" some, but for the purpose of picking up later from where it left off. Was the book ending left hanging a bit? I think I probably enjoyed this one and the last one the most so far of the movies :).

Maresche
11-21-2005, 09:45 AM
The book had a pretty cliff hanger type ending too, so I'm not surprised that the movie does. I'd be surprised if it didn't.

Still haven't seen the movie yet though. 5 more days, 5 more days, 5 more days.

finn's mom
11-21-2005, 02:36 PM
I went last night to see the movie, and, I absolutely loved it! I plan to go and get the books, now, to read them. But, I do know that I risk not enjoying the next movies as much if I do that. But, maybe if I read the books now, by the time the movies come out, it won't be that big of a deal. I really loved the movie, though. I thought the tension between Hermione and Ron was really sweet.

ramanth
11-21-2005, 03:46 PM
Snuggling Draco Malfoy ;) :D

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/ramanth/misc%20images/IMG_7402.jpg

finn's mom
11-21-2005, 03:50 PM

Awesome! He's adorable! Is he a new pet?

pnance
11-21-2005, 06:14 PM
[QUOTE=finn's mom]But, I do know that I risk not enjoying the next movies as much if I do that. But, maybe if I read the books now, by the time the movies come out, it won't be that big of a deal. QUOTE]

Good plan, so far it's working for me....I read the book about a year ago and loved the movie. I'm just now working on the next one so I have it done in plenty of time for the movie. ;)

Suki Wingy
11-21-2005, 07:26 PM
Well, I have had a day to think it over and I have to say that it was ok, but When you have read a book about 4 times and then see the movie all changed around it is a little disturbing. I liked the way they made 3 fit as a movie a lot though, I think I'll just keep to the books. I also say Pride and Prejudice on Saturday at my friend's sweet 16 and that was awsome, I am planning on reading the book and afterwards renting and re-watching the movie without a friend joking and poking me and falling asleep on me. :rolleyes: :p

ramanth
11-22-2005, 08:35 AM
Awesome! He's adorable! Is he a new pet?
Sadly no. Andy and I attended a Pet Expo this past Saturday and he was just one of the many adorable ferrets up for adoption.

smokey the elder
11-26-2005, 07:54 AM
Draco Malfoy! LOL! The resemblence is striking.

I just saw Goblet of Fire yesterday. Phew! Definitely NOT for little kids. I could tell a lot of the book was left out, but the book was 730 pages long! They got the gist pretty well. I thought Mad Eye Moody was interpreted particularly well.

chrissycat21
11-26-2005, 08:01 AM
I finally saw the movie yesterday, too. In the middle of the film, it just stopped and it started playing previews for about 15 minutes. Then it started in the wrong part. My cousin went over and asked about that and they gave us 5 free tickets to come see it again!

Your right, it definitley wasn't for little kids. My 7 year old sister came. She's reading the 5th book right now, and my mom let her come to the movie. She wasn't scared at all. She said it was because she knew what was coming from reading the book.

Toby's my baby
11-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Ugg, i still havent gotten to go!! I really really wnat to go, maybe tonight. . ? :rolleyes:

RedHedd
11-26-2005, 04:08 PM

:D Good one!

Anita Cholaine
11-26-2005, 05:26 PM
I've just seen it... I think it's really good (better than the other ones), but after reading the book, which is absolutely fantastic, the movie is not such a great thing for me... The book has so many details that just completely dessapear in the movie...

Cubby'sMom
11-26-2005, 07:55 PM
I saw the movie the day after it came out:) It was good, but it missed alot from the book, and some crucial things were left out, that's for sure. I'm torn between whether I like the other movies better, I haven't decided yet.

shais_mom
11-26-2005, 11:50 PM
I went last night to see the movie, and, I absolutely loved it! I plan to go and get the books, now, to read them. But, I do know that I risk not enjoying the next movies as much if I do that. But, maybe if I read the books now, by the time the movies come out, it won't be that big of a deal. I really loved the movie, though. I thought the tension between Hermione and Ron was really sweet.
I had no desire to read anything HP until this past summer. Then I read all 6 books in a month! I absolutely LOVED them!
Saw GOF today.
My favorite book was probably the Half blood prince -
movie - hmmm probably Prisoner of Azkaban.
I loved this one but they cut out some of my favorite parts like the beetle thing.
The book was way better but all in all I think it was excellant.
As we were leaving I heard some guy say "I heard Voldemort is in the next 2-3 movies" I was like "read the book idiot!" ;) :p

smokey the elder
11-27-2005, 08:48 AM
We had a technical glitch too. The screen was frozen on the "Turn off your cell phones" message for about 10 minutes before some Einstein decided to kick the machine. Dang Microsoft crashware! :) :p

Muddy4paws
11-27-2005, 01:09 PM
Ugh I really wanted to see it My boyfriend went without me so I guess I'm waiting for the dvd.. :(

ramanth
11-28-2005, 08:53 AM
Took my mom to see it on Friday. Lot more kids in the theater this time. Mom worried that they'd all have nightmares.

She really enjoyed it. I caught things the second time around like the little inconspicuous glares between Snape and Karkoroff.

I do miss certain scenes that I wish had been interpreted from book to screen, but I think they did a good job getting to the jist of it. Looking forward to the DVD and deleted scenes. :D

gkristian
11-28-2005, 11:22 PM
i saw the movie today and i thought it was good, but at the same time i was disapointed. i thought that they left out a lot of important info. i didn't really like the start because they didn't explain at all how harry managed to go to the quidditch world cup with ron, hermione and the other weasleys. i re-read the book last week and i was expecting a lot more thing to be in the movie that weren't. i still loved the movie though

PJ's Mom
11-28-2005, 11:45 PM
Great movie and my favorite character has to be Voldemort. I think he was brilliantly portrayed. :)

shais_mom
11-28-2005, 11:55 PM
Great movie and my favorite character has to be Voldemort. I think he was brilliantly portrayed. :)
I saw on A&E the making of Harry Potter and the GOF - and the director said from the very beginning he knew he wanted Ralph Fiennes to play Voldermort. And accepted no one else!
:)