PDA

View Full Version : What subject did/do you hate the worst in school.

Flatcoatluver
11-16-2005, 10:45 PM
I think my most hated subject would have to be math!!! :mad:

CagneyDog
11-16-2005, 10:48 PM
All of them :p

I guess I hate math the most. Oh and P.E. I HATE P.E !!!

finn's mom
11-16-2005, 10:49 PM
Crap, I chose my favorite one! :rolleyes: Oh, well...Math would be my worst.

Karen
11-16-2005, 10:53 PM
I checked social studies - no offense to the social studies teachers here on Pet Talk, and I think it is a fascinating subject, but our history and social studies classes were sooooooooooooooooo boring! A shame, honestly.

I was lucky, our high school started in 8th grade, and we had "normal" PS in 8th grade, but in 9-12, we had an alternative "Outward Bound" kind of P.E. - ice skating on the pond, cross-country skiing through the woods, a high ropes course and a low ropes course, all sorts of stuff.

AllAmericanPUP
11-16-2005, 11:01 PM
I checked english.
while it was actually my favourite class all 3 years that i took it because i had THE collest teachers! i hated the subject! i'm terrible with grammar and its way too confusing.

in all reality i hated all of the subjects, math because its too complicated, social studies because the teachers made it very boring, science because there were entirely too many essays and projects and such.

loved PE though

i took 2 business classes, one of them i absolutely loved cause the teach was great, she made it fun and easy to understand, the other(accounting) was OK but the teach was cranky on some days but cool on other but it was a very easy class, i found that accounting wasnt as confusing as i thought it would be.

i also liked ecology, i took a semester of it, i liked it because it was more of a hands on class, we did more labs than reading from the book and crap like that and we got to go out to the lake for a day and did a bunch of water tests and got to release all the fish from the nursery ponds..it was pretty cool

ok more then you wanted to know but it's late, i'm bored and trying to pass time :p

PJ's Mom
11-16-2005, 11:05 PM
Science and math...yuck! :o

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-17-2005, 12:08 AM
I hate P.E the most, always have. I also don't really enjoy math and some units in Science....

Social Studies has always been my favourite.

vinjashira
11-17-2005, 04:50 AM
what is p.e.?

dogzr#1
11-17-2005, 06:57 AM
I chose Social Studies. It doesn't really interest me AT ALL. I just think it is so boring. But maybe I think that because my teacher last year, Mr.Gooch (yea I know, an odd name) had us copy stuff out of a workbook and that was all. I swear our supplies could've been a pack of paper, two pencils and a sharpener and that would've covered the supplies needed for the entire year. Mr Gooch also gave me the creeps. He just looked creepy.

I really like mostly all the other subjects. My favorites are Math and Science.

"what is p.e.?"

P.E. stands for physical education. It is where you run and play sports. In other words it is where you exercise.

Pam
11-17-2005, 07:12 AM
what is p.e.?

Physical education.

I chose Math. UGH!

ramanth
11-17-2005, 08:26 AM
I voted Math but the thing is, I actually liked the subject until my Freshman year of high school. Then I encountered a teacher who was more worried about whether or not he was going to get a raise than teaching his students.

He'd write the assignment on the board and tell us to get to work. We pretty much had to teach ourselves. And when we turned in an assignment? He'd check mark that we turned it in but wouldn't look at it or grade it. :eek: :mad:

I struggled and tried tutors but by then I was so frustrated that I just gave up. I have no math skills above basic algebra. Just looking at math equations makes my head hurt.

Felix
11-17-2005, 08:29 AM
MATH :mad: I always found it the most difficult

JenBKR
11-17-2005, 08:29 AM
hmm...in high school it was probably math or P.E., in college it was statistics - bleh! Stats is technically a math, so I guess math would've been my least favorite. So glad that's all over ;)

Lady's Human
11-17-2005, 08:40 AM
English. How many years does it take to learn that a noun is a person/place/thing, a verb is an action, and all the other little bits of the english language?

Also, I've always hated analyzing books. I love a story Heinlein told, he was sitting in a class, listening to one of his books get analyzed, and he stood up, interrupted the prof, and told the prof that what the prof was saying wasn't what the author meant at all. When asked for proof of how he knew what the author meant, Heinlein simply stated "I am the author", an left the prof with his jaw on the floor.

katienoonan
11-17-2005, 08:42 AM
I loved Algebra but I absolutely HATED geometry. I also hate Economics! Yuck!

catnapper
11-17-2005, 08:43 AM
Boy, I was sure I was going ot post math, but then you listed PE> God, I HATED PE. Not just the gyn stuff, but the locker room changing stuff too. The whole concept was a nightmare for me! I was pitifully shy and insecure. Of course I was a size 12 and VERY conscious of undressing in front of all the prefect size 6s.

Math to this day makes me break out in a sweat. I transpose numbers all the time. I can't even say a phone number without mixzing up the numbers.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-17-2005, 10:15 AM
I posted "science", as I absolutely hated that! But now that I know what PE is, I must say that I hated PE even more. At age 14 I was growing way to fast, so my body and legs felt hurt all the time. Our gym-teacher didn't show any pity towards me, and made fun of me in front of the whole class;;; :mad: . In fact I hate her even more :(

Van10
11-17-2005, 11:20 AM
At age 14 I was growing way to fast, so my body and legs felt hurt all the time. Our gym-teacher didn't show any pity towards me, and made fun of me in front of the whole class;;; :mad: . In fact I hate her even more :(

Some teachers can be such insensitive jerks! :mad: I've sure had my share as well... :rolleyes: :mad:

I've always hated math. In college when I went to the orientation office for aptitude testing I found out that I have a learning disability in that subject.
Go figure... :rolleyes:

I also hated writing all those essays in english class!

Daisy and Delilah
11-17-2005, 11:25 AM
Worst: PE by a longshot-group showers(what were those school officials thinking?)

Favorite: Science(I was a science/biology major in college. I love it.

Miss Z
11-17-2005, 11:31 AM
I had to pick science, because in my school we split it into three different subjects, biology, chemistry and physics. I like biology and am quite good at chemistry, but physics........ let's just say that I despise every moment i'm in the classroom!!! From Miss Z ;)

joanofark
11-17-2005, 11:35 AM
History, and math. All the other ones I don'r really have a problem with...

gemini9961
11-17-2005, 11:55 AM
This is an easy one for me.......MATH!!!

luvofallhorses
11-17-2005, 11:56 AM
I am graduated, but I hated math and I still do. :rolleyes:

areias
11-17-2005, 12:14 PM
I graduated but math was by far a horrible subject for me. I hated all my math teachers, they were all horrible at teaching. And why do I need to know negative B plus or minus the square root of B squared minus 4 times A times C divided by 2 times A? It makes no sense. And yes, that is the quadratic equation and for those who haven't yet experienced it's greatness, have fun.

I also hated my economics class my senior year, besides being incredibly boring there was an incredulous amount of work to do, and there didn't have to be. I swear the man was flamboyantly annoyingly gay, about 30 and wearing hawaiian shirts on thursdays and having us do these color things and making huge notebooks that were like 200 pgs...oh god, I hated those days.

And my school was horrible, all they cared about was passing the standardized tests, the FCAT. Ohh, look, we're up about 30 people passing the fcat...wooo..while the dropout rate is getting higher. And my school enjoyed having people dropping out-they still get the money for that student, and they didnt have to waste rescources on him/her. Funny how that works.

tz1
11-17-2005, 12:15 PM
I hate math, it's just boring as heck

Anita Cholaine
11-17-2005, 12:23 PM
Definitely P.E. We play handball, and I hate it so much......

beeniesmom
11-17-2005, 03:05 PM
Math for me.
I always hated it... I think it had something to do with the teachers I had though. I was in Honors everything except Math... :p

ParNone
11-17-2005, 03:11 PM
That was hard to choose. I didn't really hate/dread any subject in High School. Guess I was well rounded. :) I finally went with Science, because although I really liked Biology, especially genetics, Chemistry wasn't a favorite. I almost set the Lab on fire, so I probably wouldn't consider it my best subject either. :)

Par...

slick
11-17-2005, 03:17 PM
I hated almost all my subjects. The only thing I excelled in was drama and music. I always got A's and was in every play from grade 9 to 12.

Husky_mom
11-17-2005, 03:40 PM
Funny story............ when i was in highschool our lowest passing grade was 7 (out of 10) so i always had 6´s in math (which i have always hated and it hated me back) so i went for extraordinary exams to see if i could pass this subject one and another and another and another time until......i got a call to my house from the principal to anounce us that they decided to change the lowest passing grade to 6 so i shouldn´t have to go there again, that i have passed and have a nice life ha ha ha :D :D and that how i pulled it off :D

and then on Preparatory (i dont know how you call it around there, we also call it Bachillerato) for the weirdest thing i aced in math and was no longer requested on the classroom for that subject so i was happy for that. :D

buckner
11-17-2005, 03:49 PM
I chose English. While I love the language and love learning more about it (obviously) I hate having to read all of the assigned books. I have a mild form of dyslexia and my eyes turn out of focus every so often while reading. And my comprehension of a literary novel is not very large, I get quite confused most of the time. So it takes me a long time to actually read *AND* understand the book. Though, I love writing essays, poems, stories, etc. because I was always found it easy to do.

My favourite subject was and still is MATH! I love everything about it. I love getting wrapped up in a 3-page long problem in Calculus, I guess because of the satisfaction I get once I've completed it and know I was correct. But, math is very logical. There's only one right answer (okay, so sometimes x can have more than one value.. ;)) to everything, as opposed to English which has a thousand right answers, it seems. English is too subjective for me. I LOVE MATH!! I'm currently a senior in highschool taking a college level math class... AP AB Calculus, and I LOVE IT!! I couldn't be happier. I get college credit for this class, and I plan to take Calculus 2 and maybe 3 in college. But since I don't need it to get my Bachelor's in college, I may not. But I adore MATH! And hate English, lol.

manda_moo87
11-17-2005, 04:26 PM
Math and Science. I started having trouble with math in the 7th grade and science in high school.

carole
11-17-2005, 04:29 PM
It is a long time since I was at school but Math and PE were the subjects I hated, funny thing it is the same two my daughter hates as well.

lizbud
11-17-2005, 04:55 PM
Hated Math, but loved English & History. :)

cali
11-17-2005, 05:46 PM
Gym, I have always hated gym, I remeber in elementry school if we forgot our gym cloths we were not allowed to particpate, this was SUPPOSED to be an incentive, I, on the other hand, regulary "forgot" my gym cloths lol

math actually depended on the teacher, most of my life I hated it, but my last 2 years of high school I really enjoyed it, because the teachers were awsome, they tought us short cuts and new, easier ways to do things, it made the classes fun and easy, everyone was very upset when they found out that math tacher is retiring this year, upset that the then grade 9s would never have the oppertunity to be in her class.

Science in high school sucked, I hated it, and just barly pased it, that was a real downer to me, because in elementry school science was my best and favorite subject, I wanted to be a biolagist, because I loved science so much.

social studies was believe it or not my favorite subject lol the kinds of things we learned are things that I LOVE to think about, and outside of that class not a single person I knew has any intrest in it, so I always have all these ideas floating around in my head that I cant share because when I have tried people just look at me, say "whatever" and blow me off :(

k9krazee
11-19-2005, 09:42 AM
I LOVE Science classes, Anatomy and Forensics are my 2 favorite classes that I have this year...

But I can't stand History classes, they are usually incredibly boring and I have no interest in it what so ever!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-19-2005, 10:30 AM
I have to say I LOVE math, but I hate history and gym. :(

*LabLoverKEB*
11-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Deffineatlety Social studies/History, because I DO NOT lile my teacher this year. :(

chocolatepuppy
11-19-2005, 12:17 PM
Definately math! ;)

Suki Wingy
11-25-2005, 07:17 PM
MATH! I honestly don't see how geometry would help me at ALL and I just don't get algebra. Now, English, Grammar, and Social studdies are just easy and fun! I really don't see how someone couldn't like them.