PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use EBAY a lot??

Toby's my baby
11-16-2005, 08:59 PM
I was just curious if any of you used Ebay a lot. . ? I use it all the time, and when ever I come on the computer, I open to IE's one for PT and one for Ebay. I am currently looking for a memory stick, like a 1 GB one, and my sister just bought one on here (like 5 min. ago) for $8 :o. But now I cant find one, and I have been looking for ever! I am also looking for a mp3 player, but they are all cheap, but the trick is the shipping costs $40 :rooleyes: ANYWAYS, back to the subject, do you use ebay a lot? And what for?

Lobodeb
11-16-2005, 10:04 PM
I use it a lot. I've used it for anything from plane tickets, to purses, to clothes (new, of course), gadgets and expensive toys for the hubby, you name it. I just bought some wallpaper border from there this week for the baby's room as matter of fact.

It's usually my last line of defense if I a) don't want to pay full price or b) can't find something anywhere else.

chocolatepuppy
11-16-2005, 10:15 PM
I'm on ebay a lot. Hubby and I buy and sell. We buy more junk and sell some we have to make room for the new junk! :D

christa
11-16-2005, 10:16 PM
We ebay a lot. Hubby likes to find old vintage band t-shirts. I look for everything on eBay! One thing I discovered that I love is this seller that sells Victoria Secret bras . . . they're irregulars but I've NEVER had a problem with one yet . . . you can get them between 10 and 12 bucks, brand new, tags and all.

I've sold a lot of stuff on ebay also. When we moved I sold a lot of name brand clothes . . . those always go quickly. I just hate dealing with people so I don't sell as much anymore. :)

Flatcoatluver
11-16-2005, 10:52 PM
:rolleyes: i would love to do email, but my mom is so parnoid with that kind of stuff.

Laura's Babies
11-16-2005, 11:26 PM
I use to e-bay a lot but only go there now when I am looking for something expensive I want, hoping to find it cheaper..

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-17-2005, 03:52 AM
I buy LOADS of stuff on eBay, and recently have sold a few of my LE fountain pens through eBay.

The downside here is that it costs a FORTUNE for shipping to the Middle East :(

vinjashira
11-17-2005, 04:44 AM
but the trick is the shipping costs $40 :rooleyes: ANYWAYS, back to the subject, do you use ebay a lot? And what for?
they are trying to avoid ebay's fee because ebay charge the seller a percentage of final value but not the sipping cost which should be illegal because it is misleading the bidders, but I know you see it quite a lot :rolleyes:

anyway, I do use ebay, mostly for dog's supplies because they have wider range than the dog shop in my town and generally cheaper too.

buttercup132
11-17-2005, 06:52 AM
yes my mum sells on there as her job so i do shop on there alot its great

dogzr#1
11-17-2005, 07:02 AM
I shop on there quite a bit. We have only sold a few items but we have bought a lot. I always buy beenie babies to add to my collection. Other than that my brothers usually buy guitar things.

catnapper
11-17-2005, 08:48 AM
I only bought one thing off Ebay -- my Prismacolors 120 box for $57. Retail is usually around $100. I felt like I won the lottery! :D

Though I have looked for other things on Ebay, but definately not electronics - I know people who got royally shafted when they purchased electronics on Ebay

anna_66
11-17-2005, 10:36 AM
We've purchased quite a few things off ebay. I'd like to try and sell some of my Barbies, but I don't know if I'd like dealing with the people though.

poofy
11-17-2005, 01:51 PM
my daughter and i have used ebay some..camers and memory, memory was bad..duh..one camera was bad..not that realiable for electronics sometimes.. :(

ramanth
11-17-2005, 01:52 PM
I used to but I've cut way back. Need to save my money. :)

furrykidsmother
11-17-2005, 02:34 PM
Yes, both my husband and I do buy frequently from Ebay. I shop for gifts of all kinds and my husband loves to buy old 45 Records and players.

manda_moo87
11-17-2005, 04:44 PM
I browse Ebay all the time... but I've never actually bought anything before. Only reason being I don't have a credit card, my parents won't let me get one... :p! I'm always looking at records, Cher records in particular since I collect them.