PDA

View Full Version : I was told to post this here you would enjoy it.

bell_peaches
11-16-2005, 03:49 PM
Well to begin with I got a call from my DH he was like come to my work now. I said sorry your son took the car to work I can't get there if this is an emergency. I can ask a neihbor to drive me over he said no I have a dog hit by a car and want to bring her home. I ask how bad he said not to hurt I think. So I told him I would get there as soon as ds gets home he said ok. I get a call an hour later (mind you my husband hates I mean hates to talk on the phone) proceeds to tell me all about this dog for 20 minutes and tells me at the end of the call his coworker is bringing me a dog in 10 minutes. Ok I have two dogs now and he is all excited about this dog. I wait out side for this dog and I could not tell it was a dog when it gets here. I see this matted dirty burr and flea covered rug someone is carrying to me. I kring picking it up and carring it to the crate in my living room. I give it some water and a little food just incase it is hungry. My two dogs and this rug are growling at each other. I do everything possible to make it comfortable. Hubby gets home we talk and he says I will try cutting the matts of this dog in the morning askes if I can bath it tomarrow when I get home I said sure after I call the pound in the morning to see if anyone is missing a dog. I call and ask if anyone called missing a choclate colored spaniel dog they say no. They tell me to bring the dog in to check for a chip. I tell them the dog is hurt they said We don't provide Vet service. I said No problem If you wont treat her we will If she has no chip. My hubby clipped this dog all the way down takes her over no chip. I got a call at work from my DH saying no chip call the vet. I said what he says the pound says it is a cocker spaniel or a boykin spaniel and I want to keep her. He tells me how I know he loves spaniels and wanted one for the last 18 years . I said yesssssss I remember looking at a spaniel in the pound 18 yrs ago but she was already adopted. He says I don't ask for much but I want her. I said I will call the vet. We take her to the vet he tells us she has had a bad life at one point she had a leg broke and never treated she is missing half an ear and her bottom eye lid at one point was wripped off. We get her all her shots and meds for congunctiitis she has no heartworm or parisites. Just badley bruised. Well for the end of the story Mrs Magoo is now living with us forever. Nobody answered a news paper ad for a missing dog. So she has had all the medical attention she needs has a nice couch to sleep on at night and has a brother and a siter to play with she is 7 Or 8 yrs old and the other dogs are Peaches 6 oreo is 2. They all get along great and all are completely house broken. Mrs. Magoos only problem is kitchen garbage She acts as if there is not going to be food for her. She is the sweatest attention craving dog. Very friendly and loveable and for ever adopted by us.

I forgot to say it took 3 baths to remove the dirt fleas and burrs we could not cut out and she just sat there and licked us as if to say thank You

beeniesmom
11-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Hello and welcome to PT.
Mr. Magoo sounds like he is a lucky dog!
You must post pic!
Where in Florida, if you don't mind answering, are you?
carmen

bell_peaches
11-16-2005, 03:55 PM
I live in Central florida near Ocala. Digital camers is broke I will be buying a disposable camera then I will post a picture

Corinna
11-16-2005, 04:12 PM
What a wonderful ending to a sad story. Your hubby sounds like mine. I had 45 bunnies and he says lets go for a ride . Mind you we are driving a vw rabbit 2 samll kids . We go past this run down trailer with a very dirty looking newfy tied out on a car axle with a log chain. Ya you guessed it was the first of our Newfys he lived to be 13 years old great guy he was. Oh ya on the way home we had a fire call (hubby was a fireman) 2 hours with kids and Very smelly dog (good thing I love him)
He also is the reason we have these 2 150 pounders now

.sarah
11-16-2005, 04:27 PM
I live in Central florida near Ocala. Digital camers is broke I will be buying a disposable camera then I will post a picture
I used to live in Ocala! I now live just outside Tallahassee, very close to Georgia.

jesse_3
11-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Hello and welcome to PT! My name is Stephanie and I am a mother of four little babes right now. Jesse (below in my siggy) is an English springer spaniel. Then there is Splinter, my brown hedghog girl, and my two guppy boys(they are nameless at the moment!)

That is an awesome story! You must be a great mum to those puppers! They sure are lucky to have you! Especially Mrs. Magoo!

Steph and the gang!

bell_peaches
11-16-2005, 05:45 PM
Thanks everyone. All three of my dogs are rescues. I can't stand seeing all the dogs in the pound. Today she is officialy ours licienced and here to stay.

poofy
11-16-2005, 05:51 PM
how sweet..made me cry ..Mrs. Magoos welcome home and to PT..and your mom n dad to.. :D

areias
11-16-2005, 06:02 PM
Aww that's great. She deserves a good home. Where'd you get the name?

I live in Tampa, moving back to the Riverview area this weekend. :)

bell_peaches
11-16-2005, 06:14 PM
My husband said a truck driver were he works was looking for his small dog that got out. Mind you male. He said if you see Mr, Magoo call me on the radio. Long story short we could not figure a name out for her so when the reseptionist at the vets office asked her name I said no name yet. My husband yelled out Mrs. Magoo. It has stuck and we wont change it. It just seemed to fit at the time. Thank You for the warm welcome here. :D

Ginger's Mom
11-16-2005, 06:38 PM
Aww, congratulations on saving that sweet little girl. I am sure she will make it up to you in love and kisses. Thanks for caring.

buttercup132
11-16-2005, 06:40 PM
just wonderin how long ago did u find her? cant wait for pics and welcome to pt thats story is so sweet

Daisy and Delilah
11-16-2005, 06:57 PM
WOW!! Great job in saving that little sweetheart!! You are fantastic. Welcome to Pet Talk and I see you're not too far from me. I live between Daytona and Orlando. I lived for many years near Ocala in a town called Astor(about 35 miles away). Howdy neighbor. My name is Terry and I have two chihuahuas, Daisy and Delilah. I hope you like it here. We always love seeing new Floridians join our wonderful PT family!! :D

bell_peaches
11-16-2005, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the welcom. I have had her one week today. I have Mrs. Magoo she is 7 or 8 yrs old. I have peaches wich is 6 yrs old and a lab mix we believe. and we have Oreo he is 2 yrs old and a chiuawa (sp?) terrier mix. I will be buying a camera this week so I hope to have pics by the weekend.

Hello Terry I live in a town called Summerfield. Just outside of Ocala.

beeniesmom
11-17-2005, 09:00 AM

I used to live near Ocala too. I went to Belleview elementary for a few years and Lake wier middle school for 1 year.

.sarah
11-17-2005, 12:35 PM
I used to live near Ocala too. I went to Belleview elementary for a few years and Lake wier middle school for 1 year.
My brother went to Bellview while we lived there. Small world!!

bell_peaches
11-17-2005, 07:29 PM
Both my boys now go to Belleview high. We moved here two years ago from NJ.