PDA

View Full Version : Some one knows a Handsome Bassett???

sugareltx
11-16-2005, 01:46 PM
Our oldest daughter (in dog years) is ready to get marry ;) this coming December, and she is looking for a boyfriend. She is a beautiful lady Bassett, she is around 21 years (dog years). Do you guys know any handsome Bassett??? :confused:

dab_20
11-16-2005, 01:49 PM
LOL, my sammy is too young for her, sorry. ;)

elizabethann
11-16-2005, 01:55 PM
Sorry. Fenway's gay (so everybody tells me). Not that there's anything wrong with it.

Gay or straight, he's also not a Bassett Hound.

Best of luck in getting Nana hooked up.

:)

AllAmericanPUP
11-16-2005, 02:03 PM
hope you dont mean breeding her.

dab_20
11-16-2005, 02:08 PM
if you did mean breeding her she can't hook up with my pup!! i thought you meant a joke.

lv4dogs
11-16-2005, 02:27 PM
Gosh I hope you're not going to breed her. At least not this way. And not unless she is an EXCELLENT example of the breed, meets the standards, has won titles, has & will have all the needed x-rays, tests, bloodwork etc... done. And if so you certainly shouldn't be looking for a mate this way. If you truly care about breeding her and breeding for the best of the best than you should already know how to go about looking for a mate for her.
Breeding should only be done to better the breed, therefore you should breed only the very best of the very best! It takes a LOT of time & even more money.

dab_20
11-16-2005, 02:34 PM
but if was just a joke forget what we said. lol

lv4dogs
11-16-2005, 02:41 PM
but if was just a joke forget what we said. lol

Of course.

Suki Wingy
11-16-2005, 03:26 PM
this seems like an appropriate place to re-post this:
Many people are confused about which breeding situations are bad vs. good and why, I will attempt to clarify

You breed your dogs with health certificates and cleared all their tests, you CAREFULLY plan out your breeding, you are 100% dedicated to the mom and puppies, you regularly show, you go to great heights to make sure the dogs to be bred to eachother are the closest to perfect match you can get, you have in mind what will result from the breeding (colors, what you wanted to improve, etc.) and you keep in touch with your puppies and become friends with the puppy’s new owners. You take in rescues when needed and keep all the conformation/ performance, carefully bred lines OUT of pet only, other breedings by neutering or spaying all pet dogs, and there is a clear line between your world and the pet/ profit world.
You dedicate all your time and extra money to this cause as well as rescue and you TAKE CONTROL over the lives you bring into this world.
And finally, by now means do they ever breed their pet dogs because they "want her ofspring" or "want her to experiance it"

This would make your bitch about 2 years old, right?
yr 1 developmentally= to 15 human years
yr 2 developmentally= to 10 years
yr 3 developmentally= to 5 years

.sarah
11-16-2005, 04:11 PM
This would make your bitch about 2 years old, right?

Actually, I think she's 3. I think she's probably going by the old "each year is 7 years for dogs." 3x7=21.

dab_20
11-16-2005, 06:53 PM
yep

Suki Wingy
11-17-2005, 04:25 PM
who came up with that! You can SEE all the growing a puppy does in the first year compaired to the second! :rolleyes:

.sarah
11-18-2005, 12:53 PM
who came up with that! You can SEE all the growing a puppy does in the first year compaired to the second! :rolleyes:
I don't know, but that's what everyone around here goes by (except the more knowledgeable people, of course).