PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

ESS-lover
11-16-2005, 09:54 AM
I joined yesterday... finally taking the time to introduce myself and Cowboy...

after 18 years with my cat Blizzard (pure white and deaf) - I lost him last March to jaw cancer. We waited until the end of July to get Cowboy (DH wanted a dog) - a field bred ESS who is now 11 months old. He will field train this spring and hopefully have his first hunting season next fall. He is a fabulous dog - quiet and calm in the house and intense outside. He is becoming better and better mannered (takes time).

Pics of Cowboy are attached.

lvpets2002
11-16-2005, 10:46 AM
;) What a pretty & adorable baby you have.. Welcome to PT & enjoy the talks & pictures.. Sorry to hear of your kitty going to Rainbow Bridge (death).. But at RB your kitty will be with all the other furrever loved PT babies..

anna_66
11-16-2005, 10:52 AM
Hello & Welcome To Pet Talk!

Lobodeb
11-16-2005, 10:56 AM
Hello and welcome to PT! You've found an excellent place full of great people.

Can't wait to hear more about you and Cowboy. :D

lv4dogs
11-16-2005, 10:59 AM
Welcome!! Cowboy sure is a handsome fella! I love the color pattern on his face!

Husky_mom
11-16-2005, 11:30 AM
i too love his pattern, not very common in ESS.

welcome both and we hope you stay for good

poofy
11-16-2005, 01:34 PM
WELCOME TO PT...cowboy is adorable.. :D

dab_20
11-16-2005, 01:53 PM
Welcome to PT! your dog is adorable. good luck with the hunting season! cowboy is such a pretty boy!

elizabethann
11-16-2005, 02:00 PM
Cowboy is a nice looking dog. I love hunting dogs! They're so sleek and agile. What will Cowboy be hunting?

There's a cool show on the Outdoor channel that shows bird dogs trying to find the decoy. They have to listen & watch their owner to see where to go. It's neat to watch. They're so smart.

ESS-lover
11-16-2005, 02:18 PM
ESS are what is known as a 'versatile' gun dog - they flush and retrieve. He will flush and retrieve pheasant and grouse and be used to retrieve ducks and doves. Their natural reward is the retrieve - so they will flush and chase just to get the chance at the retrieve.

.sarah
11-16-2005, 04:30 PM
You know, I've never seen a field-bred ESS. They are much prettier than the show type, IMO. But then again, I think that about nearly every breed. I always like the Field-bred dogs, I have two Field Labs myself.

Cowboy is a very handsome wrangler, there ;)

jesse_3
11-16-2005, 04:44 PM
You know, I've never seen a field-bred ESS. They are much prettier than the show type, IMO. But then again, I think that about nearly every breed. I always like the Field-bred dogs, I have two Field Labs myself.

Cowboy is a very handsome wrangler, there ;)
Jesse is a field bred girl! Haven't you seen the two pics I posted of her? LOL!!!!:rolleyes:

Welcome to PT ESS_Lover! I have a ESS myself! Her name is Jesse (she thinks that Cowboy is pretty handsome there;)) I love Cowboys markings!-especially his face! The other scalebabes/quillbabes is my two guppy boys (still nameless!) and Splinter, my brown colored hedgie girl!

We all hope that you stay here! PT is such a wonderful place to be! Everyone is kind and very caring!

Steph and the gang!

Corinna
11-16-2005, 04:52 PM
welcome to Pt also to the world of english springer spaneils I had to have my guy put to sleep this spring he was my alert dog for diabetes. My family has raised ess for all my life (44) so I love them dearly . great looking Cowboy. heres a pic of the late Montanas Magically Merlin . Thwe usual springer house pose much different than out side bird poses right?

Flatcoatluver
11-16-2005, 05:15 PM
Hey!!!! I myself also have a hunting dog, my dad hunts him and he is a english setter, i also have a flat-coat but i don't hunt her. Arn't hunting dogs awsome??? I also have 3 cats 4 ducks and a 1 fish!!! Can't wait to see some more post of yours!

cali
11-16-2005, 05:27 PM

lol me too, I think the working bred is WAY prettier then the show type in every breed lol

I love feild bred spanials! yours is so pretty! :D