PDA

View Full Version : Jasper is sick!

DogLover9501
11-16-2005, 08:19 AM
Jasper has vomited yellow foamy type stuff three times so far, about 20 minutes ago. He was drooling a small bit afterwards, but it's normal for him to drool after getting sick, and it has stopped.

I can also hear his stomach growling/gurgling. The first thing I could think of was bloat(I think it's always the first thing I think of-it's scary!). His stomach feels fine/normal, and I've been checking for any other symptoms, but everything else seems fine. He's also acting himself 100%.

Could this be anything serious? What else would the throwing up be caused by? I know I've heard more about it before, I'm probably just to worried right now to think of it!

My poor boy :(

I'm home sick from school, and am cleaning up vomit :(

gemini9961
11-16-2005, 08:52 AM
When did he last eat?

lv4dogs
11-16-2005, 09:04 AM
Yellow foamy stuff is probably bile. His tummy is probably empty. When is the last time he ate? Did you maybe feed him his last meal earlier than usual? Or is he due for a meal but he is getting it later than usual? I know some dogs if there tummy is empty they may get a little upset stomach from it.

If he's acting fine I'd probably feed him a little bit of food. Just enough to put some in his belly. Wait an hour or so & see how he is. If he's still fine you can feed him the rest of that meal.

DogLover9501
11-16-2005, 09:22 AM
He last ate yesterday, but he didn't eat much of his food the second time I fed him(he gets fed in the morning and evening). I'm guessing that's why was vomiting?

Everything still seems fine, his stomach, gums, etc. He was playing with a stuffie a few minutes ago. I might put out a small bit of dry kibble in a little bit.

I'm keeping a very close eye on him!

anna_66
11-16-2005, 09:55 AM
I wouldn't be too worried about it Robyn, Roxey gets an upset tummy quite a bit. If his stomach is gurgling, I'd personally give him a little pepto. It seems to help with Roxey.
{{{HUGS}}} to you big boy. Hope you feel better:D

DogLover9501
11-16-2005, 10:03 AM
Thanks Anna! I didn't know I could give him Pepto, I think I'll give him a little, as his tummy is still making noises.

Hugs given :)

dab_20
11-16-2005, 02:17 PM
hi agree with all the suggestions. hope he feels better!! (((HUGS))) to you boy.

elizabethann
11-16-2005, 02:22 PM
Hope Jasper feels better. Please keep us posted on his condition.

finn's mom
11-16-2005, 02:26 PM
It doesn't sound like anything serious, but, I would just keep an eye out on him. Let us know how he feels later...

poofy
11-16-2005, 02:56 PM
That happens to SAmmyJ, and a littl pepto will do the trick.. :D

DogLover9501
11-16-2005, 03:57 PM
Well the Pepto helped him alot, and he ate about a cup of dry kibble after that. About an hour later we left and went to Pets Unlimited, and he got to come inside and see the puppies, and also got a treat and new harness :)

He's still doing fine!

anna_66
11-16-2005, 08:03 PM
Yippee! I'm glad to hear your boy is feeling better...hope he liked the hugs;)

KYS
11-16-2005, 09:35 PM
I am glad Jasper is feeling much better.

K9karen
11-17-2005, 12:27 AM
Yeah, for no reason I can detect, Logan does the same thing. She seems fine afterwards and eats her dinner. I catch her grazing on grass sometimes (rarely) but. who knows? I'd say, also, keep an eye out, and if everything else seems normal, all will be fine. Just remember, don't do what I once did..use Pepto tablets NOT the liquid unless you like being painted pink! :D

vinjashira
11-17-2005, 04:31 AM
glad that Jasper is doing fine now.

question: do you get Pepto from the vets or are they available from Pet Shops?
I remember when Snowy had a diarrhea the vet gave her pepto and told me to feed her only rice and chicken for a couple of days and she got better straight away.

Pembroke_Corgi
11-17-2005, 08:35 AM
You can get pepto from any drug store- it's OTC for people but it works on dogs, too. My dogs don't like the taste of the liquid kind so I give them the tablets when they have an upset stomach. Since they are wrapped individually, they sound like treats being unwrapped and they will eat them plain.