PDA

View Full Version : Mollie Rose is going to the whitecoats on Saturday...

moosmom
11-15-2005, 06:13 PM
You've heard of Hannah and her sisters, right? Well, I've got Mollie and her boogers!! :p She's been very congested lately, blowing boogers all over the place (I know, TMI) and has had 2 asthma attacks for which I gave her prednisone. It seemed to help. But I'm a little concerned about it. Since she's going on 12 years old, I've decided to take her to the vet and have bloodwork done to see what may possibly be going on. She's eating and using the litterbox fine, but I think she's long overdue for a check-up.

I'll let you know what the vet says.

krazyaboutkatz
11-15-2005, 11:24 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Mollie Rose is so congested. :( Hopefully everything will go well at the vets and the vet will be able to help her breathe easier. Please continue to keep us updated.

smokey the elder
11-16-2005, 07:44 AM
Poor Millie the booger queen! I hope she feels better, and is cleared by the vet.

jenluckenbach
11-16-2005, 01:55 PM
Good luck with Mollie Rose.

Grace
11-20-2005, 06:17 PM
How did her visit with the Vet go? Inquiring minds, and all that.

I hope she is rapidly becoming booger-free - ;)

kimlovescats
11-20-2005, 08:26 PM
Hope everything is "ok" with Mollie Rose! ;)

sasha the cat
11-21-2005, 12:25 AM
Molly Rose, we hope you are feeling better and that the veterinarian has found out exactly what is wrong and is treating you. :D :D Our best wishes to you for a very speedy recovery, dear Molly Rose. We send oodles & bunches of hugs & kisses to you.

KatMa & Paw-Paw [purrents of the late Sasha, The Queen Calico Cat]

kimlovescats
11-21-2005, 10:14 PM
Donna - how is Mollie Rose? :confused:

moosmom
11-22-2005, 12:55 AM
I had to postpone her visit to the whitecoats till this Saturday at noon. I'll let you know the outcome.

Sasha the Cat,

What a beautiful little girl Sasha was!!!

moosmom
12-13-2005, 06:33 PM
Mollie went to the vet today. Very nice older man. Loves cats. Has 2 of them roaming his office. They live there. Rusty, a 1 year old orangey, has a neurological problem that causes him to wobble and fall. He's THE sweetest thing! Then there's Lilly, a sweet Tabby/Tortie mix. Very sociable. I like this place!!

Oh yeah, back to Mollie Rose. She has chronic upper respiratory disease. (Never heard of it) Her lungs are clear and her heart is strong. He said it's all in her head. I told him Mollie has had this problem for years and blows green boogers all over the place. I also told him how she was diagnosed with Kitty Asthma years ago. He put her on Amoxicillian. He gave her an injection. Call me skeptical. But she's been on every kind of medicine there is...

Amoxicillian
Doxicyclin
Clavamox
Orbax
Interferon
Zythromax

I'm sure I'm leaving something out, but you get the picture. We'll see.

Grand total = $$$$$$$$$$147.07 :eek:

kimlovescats
12-14-2005, 06:32 AM
Glad to hear that Mollie Rose's problem is "all in her head" .... tee hee!!! Seriously, that is great news that her heart and lungs checked out ok!
Give the little booger a huggie for me! ;)

moosmom
12-14-2005, 07:02 AM
Since she had the shot last night, she hasn't sneezed at all. I'm still skeptical. If that's all it took, YAHOO!! Do you know how difficult it is to clean dried boogers off the walls? :eek:

smokey the elder
12-14-2005, 07:58 AM
Sounds like the vet has a CH kitty.

I hope Mollie has a few less boogers now!

moosmom
12-14-2005, 08:33 AM
She hasn't sneezed since yesterday!

kimlovescats
12-14-2005, 10:11 AM
It sounds very promising, Donna! Hope it keeps working!
Now get to scrubbing!!! :p

Corinna
12-14-2005, 10:13 AM
If it's all in her head are you looking for a cat shrink? :D But seriously glad the booger flinger is not working at the moment.

ontariogreys
12-21-2005, 09:56 AM
Just like in humans or other animals, the color of the nasal discharge can tell you lots, had it been clear nothing is wrong other than possibly an allergy, but green is a signal that it is an advanced infection, possibly in the past the treatments where not long enough especially since this is an ongoing infection, if it starts up again once the meds are done, take her back to get her on a longer dose or the vet may want to change to a stronger antibiotic, the other thing the vet can do is , a culture to learn what kind of bacteria/infection it is, to determine what meds will work the best. The reason the vet checks the heart and lungs is because long standing infections lead to chronic heart disease, if that happens you can be moving the dot on the vet bill total 2 digits to the right just for testing