PDA

View Full Version : Vote for your favorite pic please

lv4dogs
11-15-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm trying to decide on what picture to use for my christmas cards this year. I tried a few photo shoots but Nanook is so old that he's not able to move around that much anymore so I didn't want to keep bothering him. Raustyk was not being very cooperative all weekend either. We haven't had any snow yet and I don't have a fake x-mas tree either so my props were limited too. So I think this is all I have to choose from.
I really wanted something extra special as this is probably Nanook's last x-mas with us & it is also Kaige's first. And as we all know x-mas creeps up so fast, I'm afraid if I keep on trying to get the "right" one for this season I may not end up with any x-mas photo cards at all.

Opinions please! I will try to crop away the junk on the edges of the pics thats showing for the final pic,

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/nanryk/100_0625.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/nanryk/100_0632.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/nanryk/100_0636.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/nanryk/100_0638.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/nanryk/100_0642.jpg

caseysmom
11-15-2005, 01:23 PM
I voted 5 but I think all of them are a bit far away. I would like to see the pups closer up.

lv4dogs
11-15-2005, 01:25 PM
I voted 5 but I think all of them are a bit far away. I would like to see the pups closer up.

Yeah I know. I don't have any good photo editing programs & can't really zoom in that well. And I couldn't zoom in any more with my camera otherwise I'd cut out some of the dogs. I also don't know how I'm going to crop the edges. lol
I'm hoping I can get one of my friends to do that for me.

new mom to a veiled
11-15-2005, 01:29 PM
It was a toss up between 3 and 5..........I picked 3, because they all have thier head's up........They are soooooooo cute :p

Roxyluvsme13
11-15-2005, 01:39 PM
I picked 3 :) I think its really cute. 5 is pretty good, too! But I picked 3

k9krazee
11-15-2005, 01:53 PM
I chose 3!!!!

Daisy and Delilah
11-15-2005, 01:53 PM
3. I love them all. They look so cute!! Great pics :D

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-15-2005, 02:05 PM
I liked 1 and 3 the best but I voted for 3 because I like the lighting and they're all looking at you/camera :)

Jessika
11-15-2005, 02:09 PM
Yeah I know. I don't have any good photo editing programs & can't really zoom in that well. And I couldn't zoom in any more with my camera otherwise I'd cut out some of the dogs. I also don't know how I'm going to crop the edges. lol
I'm hoping I can get one of my friends to do that for me.

Well maybe the company you submit your pics too can crop them for you??

I liked the first picture, its just so cute ;)

Teh second is good but Raustyk looks bored

Third is best, IMO, except for the cropping (which you can do yourself with any basic graphic editing program or the company you're getting the cards from).

Fourth, same opinion as the second picture, and in the fifth I would like it except for the sunlight.

Also, when you take pictures like this, try to take them on the largest resolution possible for your camera. That way its easier to get high-quailty prints ;)

lv4dogs
11-15-2005, 02:16 PM
Well maybe the company you submit your pics too can crop them for you??

I liked the first picture, its just so cute ;)

Teh second is good but Raustyk looks bored

Third is best, IMO, except for the cropping (which you can do yourself with any basic graphic editing program or the company you're getting the cards from).

Fourth, same opinion as the second picture, and in the fifth I would like it except for the sunlight.

Also, when you take pictures like this, try to take them on the largest resolution possible for your camera. That way its easier to get high-quailty prints ;)

I'm taking them to walmart. Do they crop them for you?

How do I adjust my camera to the the largest resolution? Yes I am dig. photo illiterate. lol

Jessika
11-15-2005, 02:18 PM
Oh it depends on camera. I would look through your camera's manual to see if you can make the pictures larger or smaller. I have mine set on the largest resolution, which is 2048x1536. But as I said, it differs per camera on HOW to change the resolution, so you'll have to look in your manual, or if you threw it away/lost it always look online ;)

lv4dogs
11-15-2005, 02:23 PM
Oh it depends on camera. I would look through your camera's manual to see if you can make the pictures larger or smaller. I have mine set on the largest resolution, which is 2048x1536. But as I said, it differs per camera on HOW to change the resolution, so you'll have to look in your manual, or if you threw it away/lost it always look online ;)

Thanks I'll look that up. Maybe I'll try for one last photo shoot this coming weekend.

.sarah
11-15-2005, 02:23 PM
I can help you out! I have a *LOT* of experience with photo manipulation, correction, restoration, etc. etc. I could even try to take the head of one dog and put it on it's body in another picture. For example, my favorite picture is number 3 because this is the only one with Raustyk's head up. But I like Kaige's face better in another picture, and I could take his face off of that one and put it on him in pic number 3. I can also crop it, add some shadows for depth, etc.

Because I don't have a buisness yet but want to eventually have one (and because I love you ;) ), I will do it for free :). Just PM me if you're interested. I'll give you my e-mail address because I'll need the original versions of the pictures (the BIG ones!).

Lobodeb
11-15-2005, 02:27 PM
I like 3.

I don't like hearing that this is Nanook's last Christmas. :(

Uabassoon
11-15-2005, 02:28 PM
I really liked the 3rd photo.

lv4dogs
11-15-2005, 02:31 PM
I like 3.

Oh believe me you, I don't either. Just this morning I cried all the way to work just thinking about my boy. :(
He's something special to me... something very very very special. I'm crying again right now.
It's very sad but this is the first time in a month or so that he felt well enough to do something he enjoys. Out of all the things he LOVES to do he can only do one of them now... thats eat. And because he doesn't get any exercise he can't even eat that much. He can't run, play, hike, dig, swim anymore. Except for the rare occasion like this past weekend. At least he still has that sparkle in his eyes, a zest for life and a big heart left. It's not his time just yet but it is coming.
I love love love that Nooker Bean!

.sarah
11-15-2005, 02:32 PM
I like 3.

Yeah, how awful :( Poor guy. Better make it a good one for him to remember forever!

.sarah
11-15-2005, 03:55 PM
Sue -

Here is the reworked picture. I have e-mailed you the larger version so if you haven't already check your e-mail! As I said in the e-mail I had to take Kaige's body out of another picture and then re-attatch his original head. He went through a lot of plastic surgery hehe. Hope you like it :)

http://woofmb.com/images/images/100_0636-small.jpg

lv4dogs
11-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Wow that looks awesome! He looks a "little" bit shorter than usual for some reason but oh my I just love it! You can't even tell he had his head changed. lol :D

This may be it! :D

Thanks again! You're a real sweetheart! :D :D

.sarah
11-15-2005, 04:00 PM
You're welcome!! :D I tried to get him the right size, sorry about that :o

Jessika
11-15-2005, 04:23 PM
Wow Sarah now I know who to go to when I need help with my pics! LOL

Majestic
11-15-2005, 04:34 PM
number 3 is the best among them; however, if you can make it brighter a bit, that would be great.

anna_66
11-15-2005, 05:40 PM
I picked #3, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the picture that .sarah reworked for you! I think I'd be using that:D

Roxyluvsme13
11-15-2005, 05:43 PM
I like 3.

I agree :(:(:(:(:(

beeniesmom
11-15-2005, 06:51 PM
It was a toss up between 3 and 5..........I picked 3, because they all have thier head's up........They are soooooooo cute :p

ME too me too!

.sarah
11-15-2005, 08:07 PM
Wow Sarah now I know who to go to when I need help with my pics! LOL
lol. See, and it doesn't even show in my pictures. I *hardly* do anything to them because I usually have a ton and don't feel like putting that much work into that many pictures. ;)

I picked #3, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the picture that .sarah reworked for you! I think I'd be using that:D
YAY Thank you!! :D :D :D :D

Husky_mom
11-15-2005, 08:14 PM
great job sarah!!!!! i wish i had tose skills!!! envy you....................
in a good way!! :D

i also wish i could do photo shoots, but mines wont stay still for 2 secs haha

.sarah
11-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Thank you!! :)

CagneyDog
11-15-2005, 10:29 PM
They're really cute, but i voted for 3

lv4dogs
11-16-2005, 09:30 AM
Wow, seems like 3 is it, by a long shot. Since I learned more about my camera & taking pictures I am going to try one lase photo shoot this weekend. If I don't get any good pics from that then I think I'm just going to use the one .sarah made for me.