PDA

View Full Version : Quick Prayers Please....

pitc9
11-15-2005, 08:25 AM
Sorry... this is a long one, but I need to vent and a puppy needs your prayers.
Back around September 24th, my friend had a black lab mix puppy show up at her back door. For a week he never left! They fed him and gave him a place to sleep while they were trying to find who his owners were. he had a collar but no tags on. She placed ads.. etc. No one claimed him, so I spoke to my neighbor and she said she'd like to meet him. So on October 5th we brought him to my neighbor's house (not the stupid neighbors who's dogs fight with mine all the time.. another neighbor) and they loved him. He still had a few baby teeth so he was pretty young still and not neutered. We told her to come over and ask me ANYTHING! If she needed help with anything to please call me, I offered her an extra crate I had and she did not take it. I made an effort to go over there the first few days and check on them and things were fine... so I stopped bothering them. Then.... on October 2nd, she came over to return a tool she borrowed from my hubby, and she said to me "Yeah... the puppy didn't work out...he kept going to the bathroom in the house, I think he was sick" So I asked "What do you mean it didn't work out, what did you do with him?"
She took him to the flipping POUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG I wanted to punch her in the face... I was so mad all I could say to her was how incredibly stupid that was to take him to a kill shelter, they'll kill him!! Her 8 year old daughter started crying when I said that so I reinforced it with "Yeah.. they're going to kill the puppy!!" I kept yelling why didn't you come talk to me.. I would have helped you out, or taken him, and found him another home. Oh I was shaking with anger.... I couldn't control myself anymore. I walked away still telling her how stupid she is.
So the next morning I called the pound (they are the worst people there, they never call back... don't care about anything) he had only been there 4 days and was not up for adopting yet. So I told the lady on the phone the story about him (Sorry.. his name is Forest) and she said that my neighbor dropped him off there saying he was a stray!!! :mad: :mad:
So I asked her to put my name and phone number on his file to call when he gets adopted or before they put him to sleep. (they don't have a set number of days they hold a dog before they put them to sleep... :(
I told her I was trying to find a home for him, contacting rescues... etc.
This morning I looked at the website... and he's not on the site anymore... :eek: :( :( :eek:
They don't open for another 40 minuets, so I have to wait a little longer to find out what happened to him.
Please say a quick prayer for Forest that he was adopted!!!!!!

Please God... please let Forest be adopted!!!!
He's such a sweet boy, and a quick learner... please, he deserves a good life.
please :(

Ginger's Mom
11-15-2005, 08:40 AM
Sorry to hear that, Angie. Paws and fingers crossed that Forest is in a new and happy home.

.sarah
11-15-2005, 09:08 AM
Aw man how horrible of your neighbor to do that. He hasn't been there very long and he's a puppy, I'm sure he got adopted :D

pitc9
11-15-2005, 09:21 AM
Yipppeee!!!!! He was adopted!!!!!!
Oh I am so happy!!!!

Forest.... you be sure to be the best little boy that you can be for your new family!!

.sarah
11-15-2005, 09:22 AM
Yay that's wonderful news!!

Logan
11-15-2005, 01:58 PM
Whew! I hope Forrest is going to be just fine, Angie. Maybe a blessing in disguise. I do hope so!!!

Logan

pitc9
11-16-2005, 08:22 AM
Whew! I hope Forrest is going to be just fine, Angie. Maybe a blessing in disguise. I do hope so!!!
Logan

I hope so too!
He has TONS on energy. He's a lab/chow mix, here's his picture:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid194/p759b7e010c8d46443479bca71bc71063/f16f5f23.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid194/p00bbb59aadb3e1a56479148c735ab917/f16f5f1a.jpg
He is a quick learner! In the short amount of time my friend worked with him, he was already not jumping on people, sitting down to get petted, etc.
Just an all around good, happy happy pup! I pray his new home works out. Being that he was adopted from a pound, they don't screen adopters.
I wish him all the luck in the world! (I just can't stop thinking about him!! :o )

RobiLee
11-16-2005, 08:41 AM
He is a cutie and I'm so glad that this had a happy ending. I said a quick prayer that he is in a good home now.

cloverfdx
11-16-2005, 09:37 AM
Heres hoping Forrest was adopted by good kind people. He sure is adorable :).

ramanth
11-16-2005, 11:31 AM
Oh goodness! I'm so happy he got adopted! Phew! Hope he goes to a loving and understandng home.

dab_20
11-16-2005, 02:05 PM
YAY!!! but what a jerk that lady was :mad: i cant believe anyone could be that stupid. i am SO glad he was adopted! who could resist that SWEET little face??!?!

elizabethann
11-16-2005, 02:10 PM
I'm so happy for you! He was adopted! Yeah!!

I'm glad you told your neighbor she was stupid. Good for you! She's also a liar to tell the shelter the dog was a stray.