PDA

View Full Version : This really irratates me.

shais_mom
03-28-2002, 03:57 PM
I was watching evets today and they had on there a 10 year old cat that had had 20 litters of kittens over the years. The owners said that their vet wouldn't spay her b/c she was too old. So why didn't they keep her inside so she wouldn't get pregnant again. Her last litter she wouldn't let them nurse. So they took her to Alameda and they found that she hadn't expelled all of the placentas and afterbirth so her uterus was swollen and enlarged and infected. So they spayed her in emergency surger.
Its just like in a Dog Fancy magazine there was a GR named Peaches that ended up pregnant everytime she went into heat b/c the people didn't feel like spaying her and she was always getting loose and they were taking her to the pound. People need to take responsibility for their animals and get some brains.

wolflady
03-28-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom
...People need to take responsibility for their animals and get some brains.

I completely agree!!

yorkster
03-28-2002, 06:54 PM
Some people should NOT have animals..........or kids. :eek:
there should be some kind of test or something first.

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-28-2002, 07:55 PM
Some people should NOT have animals..........or kids.

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!!!!

krazyaboutkatz
03-28-2002, 09:40 PM
I totally agree with all of your comments. Pets are much happier and healthier when they are spayed or neutered.;)

nsweezie
03-29-2002, 08:31 AM
Oh this makes me sooo sad. Both of my boys came from people who had less common sense than a rock. Scooter's mother has had 9 litters that I know of, and the kittens always wind up at the SPCA. I offered to take his mom to get spayed, but the owner said no.
Clyde's mother is the same way. He was one of 13 kittens in his litter, and from what I hear there has been at least 3 litters since him. It just breaks my heart because my boys are lucky, but most of their relatives arent.
I agree wholeheartedly that there should be a test or something before people get pets or have kids!

Former User
03-29-2002, 08:35 AM
Sure people can use protection while... you know... but when it comes to your pet, then no, and they and up being pregnant all the time... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Randi
03-29-2002, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by yorkster

I agree! Some people are SO irresponsible! :(

wolflady
03-29-2002, 01:27 PM

LOL I couldn't agree more!! I just had to chuckle, because one of my friends and I are always saying this!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has thought of this! Maybe if we put a petition out there for people to have to take a test before having children, something would be done! LOL LOL
My friend's idea was to put some sort of chemical in the earth's water supply (birth control), so when people wanted to have kids, they'd have to take a test to get the antidote! LOL LOL Hey, in a perfect world, huh??:rolleyes:
LOL

David_M
03-29-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
I totally agree with all of your comments. Pets are much happier and healthier when they are spayed or neutered.;)

I totally agree. Cats need to be spayed if you don't want kittens or if the cat has some problems. They are much happier and healthier. Don't wait, take action now.

yorkster
03-30-2002, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by wolflady

My friend's idea was to put some sort of chemical in the earth's water supply (birth control), so when people wanted to have kids, they'd have to take a test to get the antidote! LOL LOL Hey, in a perfect world, huh??:rolleyes:
LOL

wonderful idea!!!

Gio
04-02-2002, 02:10 AM
People need to take responsibility for their animals and get some brains.

Unfortunately there is no hope for some of them. :(

AvaJoy
04-06-2002, 09:33 PM

wonderful idea!!!

Since people will try to get around this by drinking only purified or bottled water, I propose that the AIR must be treated with a contraceptive . . . much more difficult to avoid breathing!!!:) :p ;)
Maybe if cats ruled the planet, we would have a much more civilized society . . . but they would have their work cut out for them getting the humans under control . . . UGH!

toughCookie
04-07-2002, 12:01 AM
:mad: :mad: AMEN to that, is right, thats exactly what I was thinking when I read the first message, and the rest...
if people can't be responsible and take care of their pets, they SHOULD NOT HAVE THEM and those are most likely the people that have a bunch of kids running around too!!
I could go on, but I won't, theres too much to say about people like that, the world(and pets) would be better off without them!
They really miff me.:(

lynnestankard
04-07-2002, 08:18 AM
HEAR HEAR TO EVERYONE

Lynne

Lachesis
04-07-2002, 12:42 PM
The people we got our kitten's from. The mom has like 2 litters a year and they don't give all of them away... well they havent fixed any they "keep".
There were 4 kittens when we got our 3. #4 never was given away and isnt fixed ;( The gal had 2 "momma" cats impregnated by the same male... :/ over and over again.

The vet said 90% of the "feral" cats here are Siamese... or Siamese mix.

Makes me so angry!

toughCookie
04-07-2002, 10:19 PM
well what about breeders? I know there are some good ones, but also some bad ones, and yeah I guess people do have the right to get the breed of cat they want, but in my opinion, as long as there are stray, homeless cats(and dogs) out there, that are every bit as cute, and sweet, I wish people would think of them first!

shais_mom
04-08-2002, 11:47 AM
I totally agree, there are some good and some bad breeders.
And people that think they only need to have purebred dogs reeeeeaaaallly irritates me too.
I happen to have had 2 pure breed dogs. My first was a greyhound that I found at the Humane Soc that I went looking for a mixed breed for. But her eyes just stole my heart. And now I have a purebreed registered golden BUT, a friend of mine has the father and they were getting a free puppy and needed to find it a home and when my greyhound died, she offered me the unborn puppy. After much thinking and talking with pettalk I decided to take it. I really wanted to rescue again, but this little baby needed a home and noone else wanted her either. But I was willing than ready to go and find a mixed breed somewhere or whatever came my way.

04-13-2002, 06:45 AM

I totally agree to that !!! Testing should be done on everyone who thinks about pets AND kids !!!
We have two adopted kids and we had to pass so many tests , that I even lost count !!! But we never complained ... ! It is a very good thing that they do this ; parenthood is not the easiest thing in the world ,so better be motivated before starting anything !!

picture : me with our two kids

toughCookie
04-13-2002, 12:17 PM
I think that's great that you adopted two kids! congratulations! how long have you had them with you?:) :)

04-13-2002, 12:27 PM
hi toughcookie !:) how nice of you to be interested in my kids !!
Jo (a boy) is from South Korea and is with us since he was 9 months old !
Indra (a girl) is from India (Darjeeling) and she was 16 months when she came to join our family !

this is Indra one year ago

toughCookie
04-13-2002, 02:56 PM
that's a nice picture. :) :)

AmberLee
04-13-2002, 03:35 PM
What a wonderful family you have. Congratulations on building something beautiful.