PDA

View Full Version : Chair in Pasture Pic

dukedogsmom
11-15-2005, 02:03 AM
On the way to the antique store where I have my stained glass windows on layaway, I saw this chair by a pasture. It's in the middle of nowhere and thought it would make a good pic. I turned the pic to black and white but then the chair disappeared into the background. So, I made it sepia toned and restored the original color of the chair. It's funny how much greener it looks here than in the original pic. I love taking pics of unusual things like this.

new mom to a veiled
11-15-2005, 08:52 AM
WOW........that is a great pic!!!! You have a great eye, thanks for sharing it :)

.sarah
11-15-2005, 09:02 AM
That reminds me of when my mom and I used to go to Wild Adventures. On the way there there was an antique bed out in the middle of nowhere. I always wanted to snap a pic because it was so beautiful with the vines growing over it, but I never did. And someone finally picked it up :(

lizbud
11-15-2005, 09:42 AM
I love that picture. :) You do have a good eye for what makes an
interesting subject.

catnapper
11-15-2005, 10:08 AM
That is sharp! You should enter that in a phot competition!

dukedogsmom
11-15-2005, 02:51 PM
Thanks so much. I just had the feeling it would make a good pic.

lv4dogs
11-15-2005, 03:02 PM
That is a nice pic!

moosmom
11-15-2005, 05:22 PM
Val,

That is a great picture!! I would definitely think about entering it in a contest. You've got a good eye for that kind of stuff.

Van10
11-15-2005, 05:43 PM
What a great picture! :D

Did you take it with a digital camera? Have you ever taken a photography course? I'm currently taking one now at the local college. I'll have to post my pics when I get the chance to develop them...

dukedogsmom
11-15-2005, 06:29 PM
I took a course a long time ago, long before digital cameras. I really liked it. Wanted my own dark room. I love working in black and white. It was taken with a digital. I still have my Canon AE1, though. I haven't used it in a long time. I am waiting for a camera that has an infra red feature. I would really like to experiment with that. I'll look forward to seeing your pics.

Almita
11-15-2005, 06:36 PM
Wow that is a great pic you do have a great eye for looking at cool things to take pictures of!

Suki Wingy
11-15-2005, 06:45 PM
that is awsome! That reminds me of the time my dad was driving home talking to me on the phone and was like "Whoa! A giant dog!" There was a giant sculpture of a dog in one of the corn fields apparently!

Roxyluvsme13
11-15-2005, 07:32 PM
Thats awesome!!! I love taking pictures like that :D

dukedogsmom
11-17-2005, 06:50 AM
I was just at my coffee shop and I showed the owner this pic. I asked her if they ever displayed photos. Right now they have artwork displayed. She said if I had a collection, I could. I can even sell them! So, I've got to get some printed out and at least matted. I'll just do that at Wal Mart. I don't want to have to put a bunch of money into it. I'm excited, though. They would stay up for a month. Wheeeee!

finn's mom
11-17-2005, 10:26 AM
Valerie, it's a great photo, I love what you did to the colors! :) Very cool...

gini
11-17-2005, 11:12 AM
That really is a good photo - having your pictures shown might encourage you to take even more...............

It could be a lot of fun for you to have a "show".

Daisy and Delilah
11-17-2005, 11:20 AM
I'm so impressed with cool photography Val. That is a great picture. You seem to be a woman of many talents :) A show would be wonderful. Good luck with future endeavors :)