PDA

View Full Version : ok I need Ideas from your guys!

cali
11-14-2005, 10:27 PM
ok, I think I have figured out a solution to 2 problems at once. basically Happy always goes to the basement, not just because she wants to see the critters, but because its her only safe haven, perky HATES her, see Perky is a dominant dog, but she is not very strong, and as such she is second from the bottom, this peeves her to no end, and because Happy is the only dog ranked lower then her, Perky takes out literally all of her frustrations on poor Happy, causing Happy to retreat to the basement, where perky does not go. sooo to kill 2 birds with one stone I would like to create sort of a safe haven for Happy, a place that she can go, but perky cant, this way she has an alternative to the basement where she can feel safe and a place she can feel in control. I am thinking the entrance would need to be something she would climb or jump, as well Perky is only half the size of Happy, so making it low is out. Happy has been climbing and jumping since she was a puppy, a 22" high jump is nothing, but for a dog only 12 inches tall, its a bit more of an obstacle. now what I need your help with is coming up with ideas for WHAT exactly I could make her, where she is safe and in control?

cali
11-15-2005, 09:31 AM
Bump

cali
11-15-2005, 01:54 PM
for heaven sakes.. BUMP

cali
11-15-2005, 04:04 PM
Bump

lv4dogs
11-16-2005, 11:07 AM
I don't really have any ideas. But since you came up with the jumping idea maybe gate off a spare room for her?

ESS-lover
11-16-2005, 11:34 AM
if she is crate trained - get or build a 'base for it... or even just build a 'cube' and put a mutt mat on it for her. It can be her 'place' -- teach her to go there when you say place and very soon she will figure out that it's all hers (and the other dog can't get to her)... I am now working 'place' with Cowboy - if you want some tips pm or email me.

BWT, 'place' is a crate without sides.

Suki Wingy
11-16-2005, 03:34 PM
sorry I didn't see this before. I think I have seen sort of fabric covored ex- pens that would do the job. I'll look for a picture.
edit:
maybe you could make something similar to this
http://www.sitstay.com/cgi-bin/sdisp.cgi/EQFPI.lg.jpg