PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about the bold?

rizzy
11-14-2005, 09:59 PM
I notice that when I reply sometimes the topics are bold and sometimes they are not. So I first thought this meant i replied to the not bold ones but I am not sure. Can someone please clear me up on this? Thank you!

Rachel

I hope that made sense.

Flatcoatluver
11-14-2005, 10:44 PM
the bold means that you have not read it yet, and the unbold means you have already read it or replyed and it get bold when their is a new post. hope i help and you can understand! :D

Jessika
11-14-2005, 11:09 PM
Actually, bolded links are just a feature of CSS. If its bold that means you haven't clicked on the topic to read or reply to it yet. If its not bold that just means you HAVE clicked on the link. Since the links change when there are new replies, then that will revert it back to bold ;)

If you replied to a thread, a box with a checkmark appears next to the title.

Uabassoon
11-14-2005, 11:18 PM
If you replied to a thread, a box with a checkmark appears next to the title.

I thought the checkmark ment it was a new and unread post. I see a lot of checkmarks when I read the boards and they are on threads that I have not responded to.

Jessika
11-14-2005, 11:35 PM
I thought the checkmark ment it was a new and unread post. I see a lot of checkmarks when I read the boards and they are on threads that I have not responded to.

The only checkmarks I see are ONLY on threads I've replied to

EDIT: Ohhh, my bad. It means you're SUBSCRIBED to that particular thread, and since I'm subscribed to all threads I reply to, it also means I've replied to it. ;)

sammy101
11-20-2005, 02:05 PM
The links change to purple if you've already clicked on it, and it goes bold if theres a new post. i think? I thought the checkmarks meant theres a new post on that thread that you havent read yet.

Jessika
11-20-2005, 02:51 PM
If you hover the checkmark a tooltip pops up saying that you're subscribed to the thread.

The links change color depending on what theme you're using for the board. I'm using the smaller theme (the one that doesn't stretch to fit the whole window) so for my browser session if I click a link it is no longer bold. If there is a new reply, the link goes back to bold again. If I close my browser and then reopen it and browse back to PT, all links are bold again regardless of new replies or not.

It's just the board's CSS and I really don't think they mean anything now that I've looked into it a little more. ;)

Basically, it means you've already opened/read the thread for that browser session :)