PDA

View Full Version : Give TNR a chance

momcat
11-14-2005, 09:16 PM
Hi everyone! This letter to the editor was in our local newspaper on Sunday. It seems worth sharing.....

Cats are resourceful animals. Their hunting skills should be admired, not cause their death sentence. Cats are the most beautiful animals on the planet. It kills me that every day innocent cats are being put to sleep because there are not enough homes available or they are not adoptable. Who are we to decide if any animal should live or die?
The character of the cat is far more noble than that of man himself, but I suppose no one wants to look in that mirror. Let's not even consider how man has damaged the world. The problem is not cats and their urge to kill. The problem is people not wanting to become involved. By trapping, neutering, and releasing feral cats,they cannot multiply and their population is controlled. We can then live and let live.
These animals cannot speak on their own behalf. They need our compassion.
When TNR programs are abandoned early, they have no chance to succeed.
We need to help the cats. Being feral does not mean a cat is without rights, as being homeless does not mean someone is a non-person.
Feral cats have a hard enough life; why not help them and feel the warmth one receives from doing something good?

kimlovescats
11-14-2005, 09:54 PM
TNR is a wonderful alternative for ferals, especially in place of having them all PTS! :( Thanks for sharing this article!

Kim

Laura's Babies
11-14-2005, 10:13 PM
I am with you on that Kim! Whoever wrote that said it PURFECTLY!

catmandu
11-15-2005, 09:42 AM
Abraham Lincoln said that e was concerned with Human and Animal rights,as that should be the concern of all people.
That is how you become a complete Well Rounded Person,he said.
And he was right,and bless Mr Lincoln for making that statement.
He was known to have rescued many pets from the Battle Fields of the Civil War.

Sonia59
11-15-2005, 10:42 AM
Perfectly written, indeed!
I don't know if we have TNR programs in France. There are always people rescuying cats and neutering them, but I have never heard of an official program :(
How is it in other European countries??

I thought a lot about it during my last holiday in Corsica, where cats are found everywhere! They have a very short life, they reproduce so there are more and more, it is stupid! :mad: Some nice people do their best to feed them or to adopt one of them now and then, but that's all!

Corinna
11-15-2005, 10:45 AM
Almost sounds like a letter Lisa would write for her park kitties.

K & L
11-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Almost sounds like a letter Lisa would write for her park kitties.
Gosh thanks Corinna! Speaking of that....we just trapped the most beautiful tortie we named Trudy. I'll get a picture of her. She's at the vets right now being spayed.