PDA

View Full Version : Tin Foil Ball

DeeDeeD
11-14-2005, 08:34 PM
I'm sure it the oldest cat toy in the world but I've never made one for my cat before. I made one the other day only because I tore off more than I needed and they went crazy playing with it! And it's cheaper than buying toys! :p

kilbarchancats
11-15-2005, 08:11 AM
I'm going to go and make one just now - its worth a try. Maybe the key is the cost-free status of the toy. any that have been actually bought and paid for seem to be of no interest at all in our house! :rolleyes:

Jessika
11-15-2005, 12:57 PM
Oh yeah my cats LOVE them. Actually they'll pretty much play with anything, even imaginary fuzz and stuff. :rolleyes: They crack me up

kilbarchancats
11-16-2005, 07:05 AM
(sigh)....it was worth a try. Its still sitting here while they sleep round it, much ignoring going on. I think I've played with it more than them hehe :D

Cats, eh???

Jessika
11-16-2005, 11:13 AM
(sigh)....it was worth a try. Its still sitting here while they sleep round it, much ignoring going on. I think I've played with it more than them hehe :D

Cats, eh???

Try wrapping a string up in it and then hanging it from something :D Mine go NUTS when I do that.

kilbarchancats
11-17-2005, 10:58 AM
I'll give that a try, thanks. We have tom's spider hanging from an elastic string on a door handle and he loves that

TopCat3
11-18-2005, 07:07 AM
My Cleo used to love the tin foil ball when she was little. I think because it sparkles as it catches the light. Also it's light and easy to carry and because it's uneven, not smooth like a ball, they can pick it up easily with their teeth. (eeuw - can you imagine doing that yourself, the thought makes me squirm, like fingernails down a blackboard) We haven't tried the foil ball for ages, maybe we should resurrect that game. Currently she likes the feathers and streamer things on a stick. Colette likes little toy mice, the tiny ones.

DeeDeeD
11-19-2005, 06:36 PM
Our 2 male cats are very destructive with their toys. Most toys I buy them only last a day or two. When we lived at our old place we used to buy them lots of those little mice and they just loved them but they always disappeared. It was a very small apartment and we used to wonder where they went but we kept buying them. Then when we moved my husband and I still never found any of them and we wonder if they ate them?? Needless to say we don't buy any toys like that anymore! The tin foil balls have disappeared now too but I made them very hard so I don't think they will be able to eat those. I hope not anyway!! LOL :)

RedHedd
11-20-2005, 12:17 PM
We've had a tin foil ball toy that's been sitting in the M's toy basket for over a year. All of a sudden, Mitzi dug it out of the basket this week and it's now one of her latest favorite toys. Give it time. Cats will play with the toys on THEIR terms, but you probably do know that by now, right? :D

Sampson-my guardian angel
12-16-2005, 11:17 AM
i tried that before and my cats (bubba & simba) didn't really like it. But once i put some CN in it, that was the end for them. :)

Felix
12-29-2005, 01:07 PM
I HAVE NEVER TRIED THAT BEFORE.I WILL HAVE TO GO MAKE ONE NOW AND SEE IF MY FUSSY BOY LIKES IT.THANKS FOR THE IDEA :D Sorry for the caps,it was on and im too lazy to retype :o

Felix
12-31-2005, 08:58 AM
OK I tried the foil ball on Felix.Lets just say I need to buy another roll :rolleyes: He keeps on shooting them under the stove,and I was too lazy to get them so I kept making more.I will take them all out today :p He will think he hit the jackpot when he sees all the foil balls :eek:

TopCat3
01-06-2006, 04:49 AM
Well I resurrected the idea, made a tin foil ball, threw it, sat back and waited.
And waited. And waited. They watched me throw it. They followed it with their gaze. They sauntered across and investigated it. Then wandered away. Later on Cleo chased after it, but seems to have forgotten how she used to bring it back for another throw all those years ago...

Tora Oni
01-07-2006, 09:37 AM
My cat loves my elastic hair ties and scrunches. So If I have a nice one I have to put it out of sight so it will stay off his mind. Though I may try out this tin foil Idea.

TopCat3
01-08-2006, 03:42 AM
You just might have to cut your hair, I'm afraid... :rolleyes:
You could try making foil rings, to fool them? ;)

joanofark
01-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Oh boy! Wouldn't my cat have a feild day with that!! I HAVE to make him one!! SO much cheaper then the toys we buy that he NVER playes with! I'm going to try putting catnip in it though:D:p

Roxyluvsme13
01-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Omgosh I've never tried this either....I'll go make one for Skye now!

icedtea
01-17-2006, 12:41 AM
ill try it when i get a cat! my mum wants me to contribute to some of the cats stuff. ill make a pile of tin foil balls! muahaha *cackle* *cackle*

BastetsMum
01-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Tin foil balls here I come! With 2 active cats this might make finding the mousies a little less of a chore! *laughs*