PDA

View Full Version : Special Childhood Memories...

moosmom
11-14-2005, 05:27 PM
I was on the way home thinking about some of the wonderful childhood memories I've experienced as a kid, and thought I'd start a thread about it.

I actually thought of two:

Every year on my birthday, my Mom would come up to my room singing Happy Birthday to me as she woke me up, complete with a candle in a Pop-Tart!! God I miss her!

Every weekend, my family which included all my aunts, uncles and cousins, grandparents, would pile in the car and drive to Bolton Lake for the day. We couldn't stay overnight because all we had on the lake was a garage to store the picnic table, glider and barbeque grill. There was nowhere to sleep. We'd spend the day swimming, eating and just having a great time. I think that's why Bolton Lake holds a special place in my heart. Can't wait to dive in next summer!!!!!

Anyone else care to share???

Alysser
11-14-2005, 06:03 PM
Well, I like going to the Resivior with my dad and go bike riding. We fed the geese when they were on the trail. We looked for the Bald Eagles. It's fun!

Then, there's the going outside with my friends after school. Taking Sassy to the feild and play soccer. It was really fun. She would walk along my bike! It was fun!

dukedogsmom
11-14-2005, 06:43 PM
One of my favorite memories was going to Lake Mccamie as a kid. I miss the Tennessee springs. Back then, the road was all dirt and there were several springs on the trip to the lake. We would often stop and them and play in them. It's such a beautiful area. Then we'd get to the lake to swim and fish. I visited that lake the last time I was in Tennessee. It looked so different from what I remembered. Here's the only reference I could find on Google:
http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-states-trails/trails-tennessee/trail/PRD_170267_4578crx.aspx

I had a dog named Beauty when I was very small. I was about 4 or 5 when I decided to sit down with her and share her dog bisquits. Any of you older people remember the ones that were different colors? I remember the cheese one was orange and shaped like a triangle. They didn't taste that bad, just sort of mealy.

I had often seen my dad tie Beauty up to a tree to bathe her. One day I decided our poor cat needed a bath so I tied her to the tree and bathed her. I remember thinking how proud dad would be of me. Poor kitty. She took off for a while after I untied her. Wonder what she was thinking?