PDA

View Full Version : What's next?? A Hare in my hot coco??? (sorry Miss Hoppy)

moosmom
11-14-2005, 04:39 PM
I just found this on the news website:

Folgers checking report of turtle found in coffee

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Procter & Gamble Co. is looking into a report that an Iowa woman found a dead turtle in a package of its Folgers coffee, the company said on Friday.

P&G spoke with the woman, Marjorie Morris, on Thursday. The incident was reported by the Associated Press.

Morris says she found the turtle in a vacuum-packed brick package of Folgers coffee. She transferred the coffee to a plastic container for storage in the refrigerator and no longer has the original packaging, a spokeswoman for P&G said.

I don't know about you, but if I found a dead turtle in my package of coffee, I'd make DAMN sure I saved the packaging.

Morris is sending the animal to P&G for investigation.

"We believe that this is an isolated incident," P&G spokeswoman Susanne Dusing told Reuters.

P&G, which makes Folgers and Millstone coffees, said it was not aware of any other such incidents.

According to the AP report, Morris, of Ainsworth, Iowa, said she does not plan to sue Folgers.

The report comes months after Wendy's International Inc. saw its sales suffer after a woman claimed she had found a piece of human finger in a bowl of the burger chain's chili. The woman and her husband were later arrested and pleaded guilty to charges that they planted the finger in the chili to obtain compensation from Wendy's

momoffuzzyfaces
11-14-2005, 05:24 PM
Gosh, I'm glad I don't drink coffee!!! :D

I don't drink V-8 anymore either after finding two squashed cockroaches in a can of it. I'm glad I didn't get them in my mouth. YUCK! :eek:

gini
11-14-2005, 11:25 PM
MOFF - that would do me completely under!!! I hate cockroaches anyway!
So much for the V-8 juice - never liked it anyway!

I heard about that woman on the news - and she showed the turtle which she kept in the freezer.

I heard that the company thought it might have to do with the hurricanes because Folger's is packaged in Louisiana.

This is gross, but I wondered why it wasn't ground up - like the coffee?

I don't think I want to think about this anymore!!! :eek: :rolleyes:

.sarah
11-14-2005, 11:45 PM
I don't drink V-8 anymore either after finding two squashed cockroaches in a can of it. I'm glad I didn't get them in my mouth. YUCK! :eek:
Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew!! My mom drinks that all the time, I'll have to tell her about that!

Uabassoon
11-14-2005, 11:54 PM
I heard about this on the news. I would be so creeped out if that happened to me!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-15-2005, 08:06 AM
Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew!! My mom drinks that all the time, I'll have to tell her about that!They were in one of those small single serving cans. I was drinking from it and felt something brush against my lip so poured it into a glass. I threw up after I saw them. They were squashed flat. Must have gone through the tomato press.

I would advise pouring the stuff into a glass before drinking it for sure! :eek:
I'll never drink it again.

new mom to a veiled
11-15-2005, 08:23 AM
I heard that the company thought it might have to do with the hurricanes because Folger's is packaged in Louisiana.

This is gross, but I wondered why it wasn't ground up - like the coffee?

I don't think I want to think about this anymore!!! :eek: :rolleyes:

ARUGH..........I'm a huge coffee drinker, and have always bought Folgers.....the thought of (possible) ground up turtle in my coffe :eek:

joycenalex
11-15-2005, 09:50 AM
stories like that are why i grind my own beans..ewewew

Logan
11-15-2005, 11:28 AM
You're killing me!!!! :eek:

I don't do coffee, so no worries there, but I do V-8. :o Connie, what did you do after finding that? Any correspondence with the company??? Oh, I do hope so!!!!

Logan

momoffuzzyfaces
11-15-2005, 02:59 PM
You're killing me!!!! :eek:

I don't do coffee, so no worries there, but I do V-8. :o Connie, what did you do after finding that? Any correspondence with the company??? Oh, I do hope so!!!!

Logan
Well, after I lost my lunch, I just dumped that can and the remaining 5 from the batch. I figured since I was home by myself, it would just be my word against theirs. Though, I could have mailed the the roaches to them. Never have I seen such flat roaches.
I just refuse to drink the stuff any more.

smokey the elder
11-15-2005, 06:17 PM
Yuck!!! Nothing like food you expect to be safe having such nasty things in it.

RICHARD
11-22-2005, 06:38 PM
MOFF,

PLEASE DON'T MENTION THIS TO THE BLOODY MARY DRINKERS AT "THURSDAY'S"... :eek:

---------------------------------------

Tortoise celebrates 175th birthday

A tortoise has celebrated his 175th birthday in Australia.

Harriet, a Giant Galapagos tortoise, celebrated her birthday at the zoo in Queensland's Sunshine Coast with a pink hibiscus flower cake.

She weighs 23 stone and is roughly the size of a dinner table reports BBC online.

Some people believe Harriet was studied by British naturalist Charles Darwin.

Darwin took several young Giant Galapagos tortoises back to London after his epic voyage on board HMS Beagle.

Although the animal's exact date of birth is not known, DNA testing has indicated its approximate age.

DNA testing has suggested Harriet was born around 1830, a few years before Darwin visited the Galapagos archipelago in 1835. However, she belongs to a sub-species of tortoise only found on an island that Darwin never visited.

-----------------

A cake and no coffee??? :eek:

moosmom
11-23-2005, 08:36 AM
Wow, I wonder what Harriet's secret is to living a long life??? Maybe taking it slow??? :p