PDA

View Full Version : Baby/Kitten sitting

Donnaj4962
11-14-2005, 02:18 PM
I was so lucky Friday night.... my friends asked me to babysit for their 2 youngest girls while Mom and Dad took the 2 older ones to a hockey game. Of course I said I would, since I love the kids. Unfortunately, since I am still restricted with lifting from my surgery 2 weeks ago, we realized that I wouldn't be able to lift the youngest into her crib. So my friend decided that she would put the girls to bed before I got there (only about 15 minutes before their regular bed time) and then I wouldn't have to lift anyone. So, what did I do for 3 hours while they were gone? I played with 3 month old "Punkin" the sweetest little orangie I have come across! He was so much fun! We played and played and then he had to take a nap on my shoulder and then we played and then another nap, etc. So, instead of "babysitting", I ended up "kittensitting". But I didn't mind! I am hoping to get a digital camera for Christmas so that I can start posting some pics on here of my girls Tabby and Shasa and of course we will include little "Punkin Patch".

kimlovescats
11-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Sounds like a pretty good deal, and a fun time for sure! Little orangies are the BEST! :D

catnapper
11-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Ha! I say you got the better end of the bargain! I'd love to kittensit a 3 month old orangie! :D

Laura's Babies
11-14-2005, 04:27 PM
Now that is MY kind of baby sitting... Kids are asleep and getting to play with a KITTEN!

Soapets
11-14-2005, 04:29 PM
WOW! What a bargain! I probably would have paid them for the privelege of kittensitting! :D

Deb

tricollie4me
11-14-2005, 06:37 PM
Okay, I'm still marveling over the fact they got their kids to bed and to sleep early, lol! With 5 kids for us, bedtime is totally chaotic...I always look forward to my kids being off in dreamland after a busy day and my lap full of a snuggly, purring kitty! Your special kittentime sounds like bliss!

Glad you had fun!

catmandu
11-14-2005, 07:35 PM
I wish my Friend the Breeder would bring some Meezers up,for me to pet sit,as that was a lot of fun.
One time,I had 8 Visitors in the Spare Bedroom.
Imagine 21 Cats in the Hotel.
And I think that you did well,getting to play with Punkin,thats a great gig,as the Young say.