PDA

View Full Version : Trudy's second family fell through :(

lute
11-14-2005, 01:36 PM
i drove Trudy to Louisville,KY yesterday. it was almost 2 hours away, my car overheated, gas was a lot of money,etc. just about everything that could go wrong went wrong. i was suppose to meet Trudy's new owners at the Freedom hall/convention center in Louisville. of course to make the day worse there was a HUGE horse/cattle event going on. the place was packed! there was no way we would have found these people. they never called or e-mailed me back so.....Trudy is still here. dad and i are struggling to even continue to find a home for her. we both want to just give up and keep her, but we really do think there is sombody out there for her.

CagneyDog
11-14-2005, 01:56 PM
What kind of families are you finding? If you were accepting proper families I doubt this would happen twice in a row!

finn's mom
11-14-2005, 02:01 PM
That sucks. :( What kind of screening process are you going through with the people? Do you have someone helping you find a home for Trudy? I hope you're able to find a home for her soon, or at least admit that you already have. ;)

buttercup132
11-14-2005, 02:03 PM
why dont you guys just keep her?

lute
11-14-2005, 03:07 PM
we would love to keep her, but she's a puppy that thinks that all eyes should be on her all the time. a household with 3-4 other dogs is just not the PERFECT home for Trudy.

CagneyDog- the first family couldn't adopt her because they couldn't travel down from MI to get her. i'm VERY picky about who she goes with. i got permission to use an adoption contract and adoption application from a rottie rescue in Evansville. the rescue did have a page for Trudy, but once she was adopted by a family we took the page down. i'm going to get some newer pics of Trudy and put the page back up. the adoptee goes through a lot to adopt Trudy. it's not that we aren't finding Proper families, these families just aren't working out for one reason or another.

lv4dogs
11-14-2005, 03:35 PM
Oh no not another one. Looks like the next person who is interested in her you'll have to do a LOT more research on them to make sure it is a sure thing!

Good luck!

petslover
11-14-2005, 03:41 PM
aww! Well the third time is always the charm! Good luck again.

lute
11-14-2005, 05:41 PM
thanks! i REALLY hope we can find her a good home. i will defiantly be pickier on who i adopt her to.

Flatcoatluver
11-14-2005, 05:50 PM
everything happens for a reason!!! maybe this is not a home that trudy wants, i know she will find a perfect home soon!!!

lute
11-14-2005, 06:09 PM
everything happens for a reason!!! maybe this is not a home that trudy wants, i know she will find a perfect home soon!!!

that's the way i'm looking at it. :)

Roxyluvsme13
11-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Don't Worry! Trudy will find the perfect home!!!! :)

Ginger's Mom
11-14-2005, 06:15 PM
Good luck, she is a cutie. So this second family that you weren't able to meet up with in Louisville, they still haven't contacted you? That is a shame.

lute
11-14-2005, 06:24 PM
Good luck, she is a cutie. So this second family that you weren't able to meet up with in Louisville, they still haven't contacted you? That is a shame.
nope, they don't pick up their phone or return e-mails. i'm so glad Trudy isn't with them.

.sarah
11-14-2005, 10:33 PM
Third time is *definetly* the charm! That's what we say with Luka, we're her third home not counting the foster home and she's staying here forever :)

pitc9
11-15-2005, 08:42 AM
Don't worry.. the perfect home is out there!
I took a TFT from his owner, to my house, then to a rescue, he went through two houses with the rescue before finding his fur-ever home on the third try!!

lute
11-15-2005, 01:21 PM
let's keep our fingers crossed that the 3rd time really is a charm! no one is currently interested, but we are still looking.

cyber-sibes
11-15-2005, 03:04 PM
Trudy's "perfect" family is probably searching for the "perfect" dog to adpot right now! Hope they hook up with you soon, I admire you for the work you're putting into finding her a good home, she is such a cutie!

lute
11-15-2005, 03:06 PM
thanks cyber-sibes! :D

btw, cyber-sibes, i probably missed something, but didn't you have 3 sibes at one point?

cyber-sibes
11-16-2005, 09:23 AM
btw, cyber-sibes, i probably missed something, but didn't you have 3 sibes at one point?
Yes, my son's sibe (Cloud aka: Speedo) was here for a few months, as my son could no longer keep him and asked me to help him find Speedo a good home. Speedo was adopted by a great couple who are thrilled to have him. The experience gave e a taste of fostering...I don't know if I could do it all the time, I get tooooooo attached!

lute
11-16-2005, 10:53 AM
Yes, my son's sibe (Cloud aka: Speedo) was here for a few months, as my son could no longer keep him and asked me to help him find Speedo a good home. Speedo was adopted by a great couple who are thrilled to have him. The experience gave e a taste of fostering...I don't know if I could do it all the time, I get tooooooo attached!
that's wonderful that he got a good home! :D i totally get ya about the fostering thing. it's so hard to give the dogs back after you foster them.