PDA

View Full Version : May I ask for prayers and good thoughts......

carole
11-14-2005, 01:18 AM
My stress levels are at the top right now, I feel almost unable to cope with things at the moment, with this and the other, my health is not good and everything is starting to crash in around me, now Hubby tells me tonight he will find out tomorrow if he still has a job or not, he has known for while as the company got sold and they are going to do things differently and may or may not re-employ people, he did not want to worry me , so it has been a bit of a shock, as I thought it was a good move and things would actually turn out better for him, now it looks like it will not, so please if you can spare a thought or prayer for us I would so appreciate it, thanks in advance.

finn's mom
11-14-2005, 01:24 AM
Oh, Carole, I'm so sorry. I know what it's like...when it rains, it pours. Everything falls apart at the same time, and, it's so hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel. But, it's there. I'll be thinking of you.

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-14-2005, 02:26 AM
Carole - I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Your health is probably suffering as a result of all the other stresses in your life - hopefully when your hubby's job situation is resolved you will be able to take a deep breath and start to work through the other issues.

((((HUGS))))

Ally and Connor send headbumpies!

ChrisH
11-14-2005, 02:34 AM
Oh, Carole, {{hugs}}. Prayers on the way.

carole
11-14-2005, 02:37 AM
Thank you all, I must try and keep it together and support my husband, after all imagine how he must be feeling, he is the soul breadwinner and we just have to hope they want him to stay,you all know how it is when you have that sick feeling in your stomach,at least we don't have long to wait to find out what is what.

I love the headbumpies from the kitties, that really cheered me up thanks Ally. ;)

davidpizzica
11-14-2005, 05:07 AM
Oh, sis! I'm thinking of you and your situation. Pittsburgh prayers will be sent continually to you and your family. Carole, big {{{{HUGS}}}}!

Ginger's Mom
11-14-2005, 05:31 AM
Oh Carole, I am sorry to hear so much is going on right now. Positive thoughts are being sent your way.

joycenalex
11-14-2005, 05:53 AM
carole, i'm sending you and yours positive energy and kindest thoughts. ((HUGS))

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-14-2005, 07:22 AM
Oh Carole. :(

*hugs* Things will be okay, I know they will. We all love you very much. :( Nothing will ever change that. I'm always here if you want to talk. :( *hugs*

Karen
11-14-2005, 07:37 AM
Positive thoughts and big, bracing hugs being sent your way.

Now I know you may disregard this entirely, but I have to try.

Don't worry! It cannot help anything, or determine whether or not they keep him! And you are both good people, and have a nice family, and people who love you. Everything after that is far less important. And worrying never helps anyway!

P.S. Paul claims I do not know the meaning of the word worry. Can you guess which one of us is the worrier of the two?

Daisy and Delilah
11-14-2005, 07:52 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this Carole. Remember that everything happens for a reason and someday, things won't look so bleak. I'm sending good vibes your way. Please try to minimize the stress for your health's sake. I know it's easier said than done but you will only get sick by worrying so much. I try to go with the philosophy that we shouldn't stress about something that hasn't happened. Try not to worry. Best of luck to both of you and my thoughts and prayers are coming from Florida :) Daisy and Delilah send chihuahua kisses :)

dukedogsmom
11-14-2005, 09:16 AM
Carole, I'm sorry you're having hard times. I know what being without a job is like. If you need to talk, pm me. You gave me good support during my surgery time and I'd be more than happy to return the favor.

jenluckenbach
11-14-2005, 09:36 AM
I will pray for you and your family, Carole. Hope everything word out.
{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Soapets
11-14-2005, 10:32 AM
I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Just try to remember that when a door closes in your life, a window opens. Things will work out the way they are meant to work out. Put youir trust in God.....

Deb

carole
11-14-2005, 02:52 PM
Thank you so much you are so kind, I cannot even express how much your kind and encouraging words mean to me, i always know when my heart is heavy to come here and vent, as I always feel so much better afterwards, having the sweetest kindest, caring PT friends here to support me.

I talked to hubby, he will know at 11.30 this morning, it is around Ten am at the moment, he has a private interview , as he put it if you see me home for lunch you know its all over, so pray I don't seem him until this evening, I know worrying about it won't change the outcome, but it is hard not to, I can only hope we are one of the lucky ones, but imagine the tension in that place today, it is one awful day for everyone there, It makes me so mad inside, because it is not because the company is not doing well, it is doing fine, it is just they want to change things and of course they will be in it for the money, and to hell with everyone else and their lives, you can understand it when they have to let people go otherwise the company will go under, but that is not the case.

My husband has had this happen before, he was working in his trade as a Mechanical Engineer , on a really nice salary, the best we ever had, and after two years they just let him go, he got the job through our unemployment scheme here, and they pay subsidies, once they were over the company just let him go, we had to take a huge cut like ten thousand dollars a year for this job, so you see we have been through it all before, you just seem to get on top of things a little and get handed a big blow, oh well fingers, paws and toes and anything else that can be crossed is crossed here for positive news, will let you all know, and once again my sincere thanks to every single one of you, you are ALL THE BEST and I LOVE YOU ALL. ;)

G535
11-14-2005, 03:04 PM
I really hope everything turns out ok for you. Karen is right though, worrying never did help anyone.

Randi
11-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Carole, we'll keep our fingers and paws crossed that your husband keeps his job. I know it's hard not to worry, but try to stay positive whatever happens.

All the best of luck!! :)

moosmom
11-14-2005, 04:54 PM
Absolutely!!! Thoughts and prayers on the way from Connecticut.

Laura's Babies
11-14-2005, 05:08 PM
Gee Carole, I know what that stress does to a person. Good Luck and I hope everything works out for you and your husband.

carole
11-14-2005, 06:01 PM
My husband lost his job today,after eight years being there, he will be given four weeks pay and holiday pay and thats it, i am too upset to write anymore, but thanks for all the kind words.

jenluckenbach
11-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Carole, I am SOOOOO sorry. I know how hard this is. I will continue to send prayers. And try very hard to remember that ALL things happen for a reason (we just may not see that reason right away).

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

dukedogsmom
11-14-2005, 06:54 PM
Very sorry to hear that. I hope that something better comes along and soon. It's so wrong for employers to do this to undeserving people.

joycenalex
11-14-2005, 07:04 PM
awww carole...(((hugs))) i wish i had better ways to express my sympthies then with a cyber hug...joyce

catnapper
11-14-2005, 07:09 PM
Oh Carole, I am so sorry to hear this news! I hope your husband lands a new job right away - a BETTER job! I know money is tight for you, so hopefully this lay off will lead to new and better things for him.

Daisy and Delilah
11-14-2005, 07:52 PM
(((((((hugs)))))))

Soapets
11-14-2005, 08:03 PM
Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Things WILL work out for the best, and in the long run you'll be able to look back and understand why things happened the way they did. Follow your heart, and have faith, LOTS and LOTS of faith.............

Deb

kimlovescats
11-14-2005, 10:05 PM
Oh Carole, I know you both must be devastated right now!!! :( These darn companies don't even think of what they are doing to people and their families, and don't even blink an eye at doing this during the holidays! Just ticks me off to no end!!! :mad:

Honey, I am praying for you, and I know that God will provide for you and your family. Please let your hubby know that all of us here will be supporting him along the way ... please keep in touch, when you feel more up to posting again.

(((((GREAT BIG HUGS))))) :(

Kim

anna_66
11-14-2005, 10:29 PM
Carole, I'm so sorry to be reading this. You and your husband must be devastated.
Please know that I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
{{{HUGS}}}}
Anna

carole
11-14-2005, 11:18 PM
Thank you all so much. I love you all.

gini
11-14-2005, 11:19 PM
Oh Carole, I am so very sorry to hear that your husband has lost his job.

I can only hope that the old adage - when one door slams shut - another is going to open for sure - is true!

You have my prayers for your family.

davidpizzica
11-14-2005, 11:27 PM
Carole, if you feel the need to vent or just need a big shoulder to cry on, would you please PM me? I have a big shoulder!

Uabassoon
11-14-2005, 11:35 PM
Carole I'm so sorry to hear about this happening. My thoughts are with you right now.

ChrisH
11-15-2005, 03:36 AM
Oh, Carole, that's awful. :( Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that your hubby finds a new job very soon.

Poo
11-15-2005, 05:13 AM
Carole, I am so sorry to hear about your situation right now. Prayers and hugs are on their way.

Nicki x

RobiLee
11-15-2005, 06:36 AM
Ohh, Carole. I am so very sorry to hear this. Lots of prayers coming your way.

{{{HUGS}}}

Killearn Kitties
11-15-2005, 07:23 AM
I'm so sorry it came to that Carole. I know it's a terrible feeling.
Wishing you all the very best.

trayi52
11-15-2005, 07:34 AM
Carole, I am so sorry to hear this. I'll be praying for you and your husband that things get better for the both of you and the rest of your family.

I know it is hard, and my husband and I have been in the same sitution. Just know that we are all here for you to lean on if you need it.

Love,
Willie

Karen
11-15-2005, 07:47 AM
Here's hoping he finds a new, better job after he takes a few days to relax, sleep and recoup. At least he gets some severence pay to help over the next few weeks. Good engineers are a rare breed, though I have no idea, of course, about the job market in New Zealand. But we are all here for you and your family if there's anything we can do for you!

Logan
11-15-2005, 11:22 AM
Carole, you and your family are in my prayers. I'm sorry I am just seeing this.

I think many of us live with the same worries that you are experiencing right now. Keep your faith and know that the right things will happen.

Logan

carole
11-15-2005, 01:06 PM
Thanks again, all your positive thoughts and words are of a great deal of comfort to me,although it is hard to shake the depression I am feeling right now, I was already low and this has just knocked me for six, still I have to help hubby through this too,it is devastating to him as well, it makes him feel like a loser, and he in NOT that by any means, Karen the job market is better than it was a few years ago, but it seems the younger ones are the lucky ones, older guys like Steve it is not so easy, although an engineer, he has not worked in that field for 8 years now, he is more into technology now, computers, phones etc and loves that, hates engineering to be honest, he has good skills but still even that does not help you get the jobs sometimes, at least over xmas period we know he will have a courier job, he worked on saturday mornings doing the run when we needed extra cash, so they said they need someone then, they will pay him 120 cash a day which is pretty ok, so we have that to fall back on if we need to, we DON'T want to go on unemployment if at all possible, but we will if we are desperate, but that is like a big NO NO for us, a step in the wrong direction for us, been there, done that, never want to go back there again.

Hubby is going to enrol at the employment agency next door today , and I am going to look on the internet for anything so wish me luck.

I am seriously thinking of sending an email to the firm once he is left, if he does not object, I know it won't change anything but it might get it off my chest and make me feel better, I just want them to realise the impact they have on people's lives, wish they could have a few sleepless nights.

Well just gotta get on with it I guess.

carole
11-15-2005, 07:09 PM
I have the greatest news to tell you all, I cannot believe I am typing this, but Steve rang me today and told me HE GOT HIS JOB BACK, he was not prepared to just sit back and take it, he approached the new boss and showed him all the sales he had generated and that he had been there eight years etc etc, they had included him in the admin staff and their sales were down, they had overlooked his performance basically and to top it off all his work-mates kicked up a stink as well, and they re-instated him, he won't be doing the same job obviously and we will loose the company van, which is a pain as that saved us around twenty dollars a week, but who cares, I am over the moon.

I strongly believe all your support and prayers have helped this happen, and i also believe because Steve and I helped the injured kitty we have been paid back, I know also many would say God works in mysterious ways, what goes around comes around either good or bad I believe, now if only there could be a better outcome for the kitty , then I would be elated.

We are all going to dinner on Friday night as it is my mother's 71st birthday, she does not know yet, and I was not really feeling up to it, now I will enjoy it greatly, it will be our little celebration as well.

Thanks again every single one of you, you know you mean the world to me.

CagneyDog
11-15-2005, 07:18 PM
I'm sorry I didn't reply before, I was reading the updates though.

I am so thrilled that he got his job back. Both of you must be so excited! :D

G535
11-15-2005, 07:25 PM
That's what you get for helping animals!

Here, have a glass of virtual champagne (or diet coke)! :)

kimlovescats
11-15-2005, 08:10 PM
Praise God, what wonderful news, Carole!!!

(((HUGS)))
Kim

davidpizzica
11-15-2005, 08:37 PM
Oh, sis! That is the best news I've ever heard!! Now you know the power of PT prayers! Here's {{{{HUGS}}}} to you and your family!!

trayi52
11-15-2005, 09:54 PM
Carole, that is such good news to hear! Thank the Lord!

Willie :)

carole
11-15-2005, 09:56 PM
Yes folks I sure do, the PT power works its miracle again. :) Thanks to everyone for their support, I just wished we didn't have to go through this experience at all, but at least the outcome is good so far.

gini
11-16-2005, 01:14 AM
Carole, I came home from a very strange evening - not important enough to go into - so your news was exactly what I needed to hear.

Good things CAN HAPPEN to good people. Yes, God does work in mysterious ways............

I know that this has given you the exact lift that you have needed.............
how fast things can change from one day to another.

I am so very happy for you both - you richly deserve this!!

Killearn Kitties
11-16-2005, 02:13 AM
What fantastic news, Carole! I'll bet that is such a relief. :D

ChrisH
11-16-2005, 03:27 AM
Yay! Wonderful news!!! :D :D

jenluckenbach
11-16-2005, 05:31 AM
What fabulous news!! I am glad your husband stood up for himself! :D

WOO HOO!!

Barbara
11-16-2005, 05:38 AM
I just read through all that thread and now I have to say: that's a miracle if I ever saw one.

I think it was very good that your husband just didn't behave like a victim but showed his self-confidence in demonstrating what he had done for that company :)

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

I was very close to losing my job 2 years ago and in this country I will never again find an employed job as I am over 50- so I know what you are looking at (although I think in NZ it's still better than here;)).

Karen
11-16-2005, 07:19 AM
Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Happy dances all around! Congratulations to everyone, especially your husband for being proactive enough to make a difference! Yay!

RobiLee
11-16-2005, 08:30 AM
This is wonderful news, Carole!! I am so very very very happy for you and hubby!!

carole
11-16-2005, 02:30 PM
You know all of this has taught me to be thankful for what I have, we are not well off by any means, and sometimes I feel fed up with it all the struggling one has to do, but when this happened it was a huge blow, and now I feel RICH in every way, and appreciate more what I actually have.

I too cannot believe how our lives changed in one day and then again the next, unbelievable, what actually happened was it was two people from Auckland who came down and told Steve the bad news, but yesterday the man who actually owns the business came down, and steve approached him, his response was well it is not cast in stone you know, and then all his work-mates stuck up for him saying they could not see how the business could function well without Steve as he played a real important role and they all needed him, isn't that fantastic, until then Steve had real no idea how well thought of he was by his work-mates.

Funny thing is I found a great job for Steve to apply for on the internet, and he is seriously thinking of applying, and why not he really owes them no loyalty after this episode IMO, if it pays better and he is offered it , he will take it, it is similar to his present job, but they are looking for someone with mechanical experience, hello he is a qualified Mechanical Engineer, so we shall see the outcome, also we are going to end up with a bit more in our pocket next pay, as the old firm are paying out holiday pay, and then he will still get his holidays this year as well, so all in all we are going to be better off now, and he may not even loose the use of the company van either, this is so weird how things are turning out, all I can say too it is indeed a miracle.,and I feel so blessed.

gini
11-16-2005, 02:42 PM
Bless your heart, Carole...........only you would see it this way.

It must be terrifying to lose your job - when so many in the family depend on you. Your husband sounds like quite a guy - and I am happy that his co-workers stood up for him - and that his boss saw the "light". How you can run a company and be so out of touch with the people that work for you is beyond me. But that is how large corporations are run today - everything is the almighty dollar - the profit - and be damned with the people that made it happen.

I am just happy that our dear friend "down under" is happy again - and looking forward to the future!

We will pray that it stays that way!

carole
11-16-2005, 02:48 PM
Thanks Gini to be honest I don't know how I would have got through it all if it wasn't for my dear PT friends, now I know why I am mean't to be here, this place is so special and people are so dear to my heart.

Gini let me explain , the firm has just been sold, so this is a brand new boss, but yes they should have checked things out better and seen they were getting rid of a person who in actual fact was an asset to the company, his efforts were overlooked, and i am glad and proud of steve for standing up for himself and letting them know just what he actually has done for this company.

Onwards and Upwards Gini :) Now if only I could get some better results with this horrible woman breeding cats galore in my neighbourhood, now that would be the icing on the cake.,still I guess one cannot get too greedy in what we ask for,but it is more for these poor kitties I ask it, NOT myself.

Edwina's Secretary
11-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Good grief! I go away for a couple days and so much happens! Loses job...gets job back....finds better job...

so...so sorry and terrific!

carole
11-16-2005, 03:36 PM
I know it has been a roller-coaster ride for us here believe me, our emotions have been one minute extremely low to extremely high, now we just have to settle back into routine lol. ;)