PDA

View Full Version : What do you use to wash your face??

Toby's my baby
11-13-2005, 09:29 PM
I was thinking about this today, and I was just curious waht you use to wash your face, does it work good??

I use Clearasil and Neutrogena and they both work fairly well. I used to use a microderm abrasion thing, but my face has gotten really sensitve to everything :o

sammy101
11-13-2005, 09:37 PM
i use a Neutrogina(spll?) soap bar for acne prone skin.Works pretty good! :)

Almita
11-13-2005, 09:49 PM
i use clean & clear and my face gets clear in 3 days sometimes later or less it's makes my skin smooth too!

Jessika
11-13-2005, 09:57 PM
I use whatever body wash HJ decides to buy lol and I do a facial scrub in the shower a few times a week.. then that's pretty much it. I have some clean & clear cream I put on trouble spots sometimes but that pretty much is my routine.

Also use your hands not a regular washcloth, some washcloths are too rough for facial skin.

Flatcoatluver
11-13-2005, 09:59 PM
we use a prescription acne face thing really expensive but works great!

.sarah
11-13-2005, 10:55 PM
I use Neutrogena stuff ... I can't remember the name of the exact product but I've been using it for years and I love it. Actually, I can't use any other brand of soap or else I break out like crazy :(

buckner
11-13-2005, 11:05 PM
I use Mary Kay products. I use the cleanser, the toner, and then the moisturizer for combination skin. I use that morning and night. And about 2 times a week, I use the mask/exfoliator green stuff. Lol, I forget the name of it. But on Sundays, I use it as a mask, and on Wednesdays I use it as an exfoliator.

And in the shower, I use Loreal gel cleanser for a quick rinse of the face. :)

I used to use Clearasil, that didn't work at ALL. Then I switch to Neutrogena, that didn't work either. Then Clean & Clear, that didn't work. And yes, I did give each one a fair amount of time. Actually, the Clearasil worked fairly well at first but then began to do more damage to my face than good.. I apparently was allergic to something. So I guess I'll continue to spend $50 on face cleansers... Mary Kay seems to work for me. :)

finn's mom
11-13-2005, 11:10 PM
I use a cleanser by a company called Arbonne, it's all botanically based, and, not tested on animals at all. Love it.

zippy-kat
11-13-2005, 11:23 PM
I use Dermalogica, Murad, and/or a Grapefruit scrub by Totally Juicy.

binka_nugget
11-13-2005, 11:51 PM
I just started using an Oxy cleanser and Oxy facial pads.. too soon to tell if they work. I've also been using extra virgin olive oil lately. It works incredibly well! My skin looks and feels way better!

wolfsoul
11-13-2005, 11:56 PM
I use a high-quality glycerine soap. Nothing else would get rid of the oiliness without making my skin overcompensate with even more oil. It makes my skin feel REALLY clean and dries up any zits I might have.

kimboe
11-13-2005, 11:59 PM
I use neutrogena Facial wash. I just use that to wash off make-up.But to keep my skin pretty clear i drink lots of water and take primrose oil.

tikeyas_mom
11-14-2005, 01:17 AM
i use dove with aloe.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-14-2005, 03:29 AM
I use plain warm water, no soap at all. I have done this for MANY years now, and it seems to be the best for me :)

BitsyNaceyDog
11-14-2005, 08:40 AM
I use Proactiv (http://www.proactiv.com/index.php?acnt=GHP00000&gcid=S6580x011&ppcse=goog&keyword=proactiv).

new mom to a veiled
11-14-2005, 08:51 AM
I use plain warm water, no soap at all. I have done this for MANY years now, and it seems to be the best for me :)

I'm with you........I have really sensitive skin and can't use anything!!

IRescue452
11-14-2005, 08:58 AM
Plain water warm then cold. It works, no chemicals, no nothing. I am allergic to just about every skin product made an I have really dry skin also. I use plain water and then a cream lotion for my dry skin. I don't believe in pumping myself full of chemicals or rubbing them on my face anyway.

sirrahbed
11-14-2005, 09:20 AM
Sensitive dry skin here, too. I have used Ivory soap or plain water all of my life. Lots of moisturizer afterwards. I am 51 and people say I have nice skin so I guess it is a good skincare for me :)

Felix
11-14-2005, 09:58 AM
Well my skin is super sensitive so I use baby soap :D :o It works for me!!

finn's mom
11-14-2005, 12:22 PM
Plain water warm then cold. It works, no chemicals, no nothing. I am allergic to just about every skin product made an I have really dry skin also. I use plain water and then a cream lotion for my dry skin. I don't believe in pumping myself full of chemicals or rubbing them on my face anyway.

Amen to that. I do use products, but, they're natural and I've changed everything I've put on my skin and in my hair to botanically based stuff, and, my skin's never responded better. I'm not allergic to anything, and, don't have dry skin, but, I just got tired of all the junk that's in beauty and skin care products, too.

Daisy and Delilah
11-14-2005, 01:49 PM
Nothing but water. No soap, nothing else. All my life that's what I've used and I get compliments on my skin too :)

beeniesmom
11-14-2005, 02:35 PM
I use a cleanser by a company called Arbonne, it's all botanically based, and, not tested on animals at all. Love it.

Me too.

finn's mom
11-14-2005, 02:49 PM
Me too.

Cool! :)

beeniesmom
11-14-2005, 02:53 PM
Cool! :)

Have you tried thier other products?
I love the bath gel. I got the "relaxing" one.
I've also recently purchased a heat mask but haven't had the chance to try it yet.
I hope it doesn't burn too much!

moosmom
11-14-2005, 04:56 PM
I use Oil of Olay Moisturizing bar. I also use Revanescence by Charles of the Ritz as a moisturizer. My friend Clare, who is 93, has used the stuff since she was in her 20's. She got skin like a baby's behind!!!

Toby's my baby
11-14-2005, 08:44 PM
I use Mary Kay products. I use the cleanser, the toner, and then the moisturizer for combination skin. I use that morning and night. And about 2 times a week, I use the mask/exfoliator green stuff. Lol, I forget the name of it. But on Sundays, I use it as a mask, and on Wednesdays I use it as an exfoliator.

I used to use Mary Kay a lot, but know I think my skin has gotten used to it ?? and set up some sort of barrier so it doesnt work for me anymore, but it used to work great. Then we started get Velosity from Mary Kay, but I am alergic to that, but my sister used to use it, and my friend uses it and it works good from them. We also have the MicroDerm Abrastion stuff from Mary Kay, and that stuff works well for my mom and my sister, but I am allergic to that too. :o I wish I could use it though, but it is very expencive, you pay $60 for a 1 inch tall container of wash and a 1 inch tall container of moisteurizor :o

anna_66
11-14-2005, 10:42 PM
I use Olay Daily Facials Night Deep Pore Cleansing Cloths at night to wash my face and remove my makeup.
In the morning I don't wash I use Olay Refreshing Toner and Olay Total Effects Anti Aging Anti Blemish Moisturizer.

Uabassoon
11-14-2005, 11:10 PM
I use Proactive. I used to have really bad acne before I started using it. I've used it for close to three years now and I love it.