PDA

View Full Version : Garth Brooks is BACK! Any fans?!

CountryWolf07
11-13-2005, 08:01 PM
I am such a huge fan of Garth Brooks - I couldn't believe my own ears that he was going to release the 2nd box Limited Series. I am just thrilled. I caught Garth on CMT last night, and it was so nice to see him open up and talk about what he's been up to, about his proposal to Trisha Yearwood, his kids, Sandy, what's made him come out of retirement just for a while (I KNEW HE WOULD -- HOW COULD HE STAY AWAY?) :) So.. the box set comes out on the 25th - but you can pre-order it until Nov. 18th, and it is on your doorsteps on the 23rd, TWO DAYS before the release date & day before Thanksgiving!! I preordered it.. :)

Here's Everything Included in the Boxed Set...

http://xs55.xs.to/pics/05461/boxset.jpg

The Lost Sessions

http://www.walmart.com/i/garth/box_set/img_lost_sessions_album_md.jpg

A brand new CD with previously unreleased songs.
Includes 11 new tracks that Garth personally chose from his vault.
Also includes the recent smash hit "Good Ride Cowboy" a tribute to Garth's good friend, rodeo personality Chris LeDoux.

http://www.walmart.com/i/garth/box_set/img_all_access_dvd_md.jpg

All Access DVD,
Exclusive to this Boxed Set

Find out what Garth's doing now!
Features:
Exclusive interviews
Music videos (ALL of his music videos he's done in his career)
Live performances
Gallery of over 150 pictures
Run time: over 90 minutes

http://www.walmart.com/i/garth/discography/2001-Scarecrow/img_scarecrow_album_md.jpg

Scarecrow
Original release—Nov. 13, 2001

Singles:
"Wrapped Up In You"
"Squeeze Me In"—
the duet with Trisha Yearwood
"Thicker Than Blood"
"Why Ain't I Running"

Debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 and Country Albums charts. The highest selling debut week for a country album since the release of Garth Brooks' Double Live in 1998.

Among the 10 best selling country albums of 2001.

http://www.walmart.com/i/garth/discography/1997-Sevens/img_sevens_album_md.jpg

Sevens
Original release—Nov. 25, 1997

Singles:
"In Another's Eyes"—
the duet with Trisha Yearwood
"Longneck Bottle"
"She's Gonna Make It"
"Two Piña Coladas"
"You Move Me"
"Do What You Gotta Do"

Winner, American Music Awards—Favorite Album/Country—1998.
Debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 and Country Albums charts.
Topped the Billboard 200 for 7 weeks and the Country Albums chart for 13 weeks.

http://www.walmart.com/i/garth/discography/1998-Double_Live/img_double_live_bow_album_md.jpghttp://www.walmart.com/i/garth/discography/1998-Double_Live/img_double_live_uss_album_md.jpghttp://www.walmart.com/i/garth/discography/1998-Double_Live/img_double_live_off_stage_album_md.jpg
(THREE DIFFERENT BRAND NEW COVERS!!)

Garth Brooks Double Live 2-CD Set
Original release—Nov. 17, 1998

Singles:
"It's Your Song"

American Music Awards—Favorite Album/Country—2000.
22 classic songs and 3 new cuts.
Set a record for first-week sales by selling more than a million copies.
The packaging for Garth Brooks Double Live changed with every million copies produced and sold in the U.S. There are three different album covers. You'll get one of these in the boxed set! These unique album covers each come with a 16-page booklet of new artwork.

petslover
11-13-2005, 08:04 PM
I have been a huge Garth Brooks fan all my life and will always be one. I got friends in Low Places was the first song I ever learned. I have 3 out of 5 of those cds in that box so I don't think I will getting the package. I also have a few other Garth Cds and cassettes..I am glad too that he came back. Hes wonderful.

CountryWolf07
11-13-2005, 08:10 PM
You can call me crazy.. Cause' I already have these CDs.. but yet, I just want the box set - I guess you can say that I'll buy whatever is released by Garth, old or new, doesn't matter. And since, that is the 2nd box set, to complete the total Limited Series, I wanted to get it, so I could have it completed that I have the 1st Limited Series, make sense? :)

I know I'm insane, but, it'd take a lot to know ME to realize why I'd do that. :)

.sarah
11-13-2005, 08:49 PM
I like Garth Brooks, but not enough to buy that lol. But then again, I don't really buy CDs because I think they cost too much and the musicians are already to rich for their own good.

joycenalex
11-13-2005, 08:58 PM
...it's now on my christmas wish list....i got friends in low places was our friday afternoon we're leaving work song for almost a year...

elizabethann
11-14-2005, 08:02 AM
I love Garth.

Have you seen his Walmart commercial? It's funny.

PJ's Mom
11-14-2005, 08:23 AM
I love Garth!! I got to go to a Garth concert at Texas Stadium quite a few years ago and he was awesome! I'm glad to see he's back. :)

JenBKR
11-14-2005, 08:39 AM
I LOVE Garth! I'm so excited that he's out of retirement. I knew he'd be back ;) I really hope he tours again - can you believe I've never been to a Garth concert??

new mom to a veiled
11-14-2005, 08:43 AM
You can call me crazy.. Cause' I already have these CDs.. but yet, I just want the box set - I guess you can say that I'll buy whatever is released by Garth, old or new, doesn't matter. And since, that is the 2nd box set, to complete the total Limited Series, I wanted to get it, so I could have it completed that I have the 1st Limited Series, make sense? :)

I know I'm insane, but, it'd take a lot to know ME to realize why I'd do that. :)

LMAO........I'm the same way!!! I'll buy it too. I even have the cd that he made for the McDonalds give away, back in the early 90's....I LOVE GARTH!!

CountryWolf07
11-14-2005, 08:43 AM
I LOVE Garth! I'm so excited that he's out of retirement. I knew he'd be back ;) I really hope he tours again - can you believe I've never been to a Garth concert??

You're not only the one! I've never seen Garth either. I really, really regret not seeing him in the 90s, but I was younger.. but I think I would rather just MEET him and talk to him.. that'd be awesome.. although I think I'd faint at first. :p

CountryWolf07
11-14-2005, 08:45 AM
LMAO........I'm the same way!!! I'll buy it too. I even have the cd that he made for the McDonalds give away, back in the early 90's....I LOVE GARTH!!

LOL!

I already pre-ordered it so I could have it by the 23rd - and I THINK my mom already asked my grandma to get me the box set.. but it was behind my back.. I guess I can have two.. I don't care.. keep one sealed, another played -- I also have the two copies of the first one - but then again, this is limited series, so ONLY 2 million will be released and that's it. No more. :)

Also, did you guys happen to catch his CMT special? Well, I know this artist - Richie Brown and also Jerrod Neimann -- I designed a CD cover for Richie!! Isn't that amazing?! I about to fall out of my chair when I saw him talking about Garth and the new single, "Good Ride Cowboy".. which I knew he and Jerrod wrote it with Garth.

PJ's Mom
11-14-2005, 11:23 AM
You're not only the one! I've never seen Garth either.

If you ever get the chance, go! I guarantee it'll be one of the best shows you will ever see. :)

joycenalex
11-14-2005, 12:48 PM
he does a great show. i saw him for when he came to columbus almost 10 years ago, and it's still in my top 5 shows list. the price is really very fair and he gives his all to the fans who come, he never stood still for 3 hours.

CountryWolf07
11-14-2005, 12:54 PM
That is awesome.. I heard he kept it only at $25, NO HIGHER or LOWER than that! Wow. Just amazing. I will definitely catch him on tour if he decides to..

Corinna
11-14-2005, 02:31 PM
Fan oh He@@ yes I say him on Jay leno the onther night still looking fine. they played a clip of him in one of the first bands he played in . Oh he must have been only 17 or so . It was funny. He also told about being at his kids games and oh its just so and so's dad. So much for fame.

moosmom
11-14-2005, 05:00 PM
CountryWolf07,

I hate to break it to you, but I listened to an on the air interview with Garth Brooks this morning on Country 92.5. They asked him if the rumors are true, that he is coming out of retirement. He said no, that he is still retired, and loves being able to drive his 3 girls to school every morning. He also said most of the songs that are heard or recorded, were recorded anywhere from 2-5 years ago.

I love Garth Brooks.

Did you see where Kenny Chesney will be on tv at the end of November??? Didn't know whether or not you knew that. Of course, being as country music saavy as you are, I kinda figured you'd already known. ;)

CountryWolf07
11-15-2005, 12:04 AM
Hi - Oh I knew he wasn't coming out of retirement - I just meant, he's back, to release a box set and doing a couple things, so he isn't entirely out of the spotlight. :)

Yep, I knew about Kenny Chesney. I might as well catch his concert -- lol - god knows I wouldn't miss it.

The AMCs are on tomorrow night at 8pm on CBS! :)

CountryWolf07
11-15-2005, 10:25 PM
Did anyone catch him on CMAs? He looked great! I miss him to death.