PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Urgent Phred Needs Our Prayers

Pages : [1] 2

shais_mom
11-12-2005, 11:20 PM
I just got a phone call from someone that Phred asked to call me and Phred has had a heart attack and is in the ICU at Forum Health Northside Hospital in Youngstown Ohio.
He has had a heart cath and they repaired the major blockage in his heart - he is stable now but the first 24 hours are the critical hours.

Northside Medical Center
500 Gypsy Lane
Youngstown, Ohio 44501
330-884-1000

The person I talked to (Tracy) said he had just got back into his room. I am definatly not going to try to call him now but I will try Sunday.

Lift him up in the healing thoughts and prayers.
Thank you.

http://www.forumhealth.org/

Cincy'sMom
11-12-2005, 11:24 PM
Staci, Thanks for sending us the message, and posting this here. Phred will be in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted how he is doing and let us know if there is anything we can do, especially next week once we return home.

zippy-kat
11-12-2005, 11:25 PM
Prayers are on the way!!

trayi52
11-12-2005, 11:28 PM
Oh no! That is awful! I'll be sending prayers and lots of good thoughts to Phred.

Please keep us updated, and let us know everything as soon as you know anything.

Willie

rg_girlca
11-12-2005, 11:34 PM
I am so sorry to hear this.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts.

Phred you have always been strong for us and lifted us up with your wonderful prayers. Now it's time for us to be strong for you and hopefully OUR prayers will lift YOU up.

Get well real soon and please do what the doctors say.

Take care and have a speedy recovery, so you can get back home to your dawgs.

RobiLee
11-12-2005, 11:36 PM
Lots of healing thoughts and prayers for you, Phred!

Thanks for letting us know, Staci and make sure you keep us updated.

buckner
11-12-2005, 11:39 PM
Oh no!! I don't know what to say.. :(

Phred, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Please, do all you can to start getting better!

CagneyDog
11-12-2005, 11:40 PM
Omg Prayers are on the way :(

sammy101
11-12-2005, 11:41 PM
i'll be praying and thinking of you Phred :( I hope you get better soon!

jenfer
11-13-2005, 12:07 AM
Good thoughts to you.

AmberLee
11-13-2005, 12:22 AM
Prayers and vibes and headbumpies being sent NOW! :eek:

slick
11-13-2005, 12:38 AM
Phred, please, please be well!! I'm sending lots of prayers for you.

krazyaboutkatz
11-13-2005, 12:38 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. :( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Phred's way.

popcornbird
11-13-2005, 01:10 AM
Oh no!! :(:( Poor, poor Phred. Please be well, Phred. We're all so worried about you. Lots of prayers being sent your way.

gini
11-13-2005, 01:49 AM
Phred, the one person that has prayed so hard and beautifully for all of us.

We guarantee you that we will be storming the heavens with our prayers now FOR YOU!

Rest now - and get well soon - you are missed already!

ChrisH
11-13-2005, 04:30 AM
Oh, no! :( Our dear Phred, the sweetest and kindest man there is, I am praying for you with all my heart, also sending positive thoughts with much love your way.

Staci, thanks for letting us know.

Chris

Craftlady
11-13-2005, 04:50 AM
Keeping good thoughts for a speedy recovery.

cloverfdx
11-13-2005, 05:01 AM
Oh my goodness :(. Get well Phred.

Phred you have always been strong for us and lifted us up with your wonderful prayers. Now it's time for us to be strong for you and hopefully OUR prayers will lift YOU up.
Perfectly said.

Prayers and good healing vibes on the way.

chocolatepuppy
11-13-2005, 05:22 AM
Phred will be in my thoughts and prayers.

jenluckenbach
11-13-2005, 05:23 AM
Phred, MANY prayers for your speedy recovery. I am certain that your very own prayer pups on on the line to God right now.

Killearn Kitties
11-13-2005, 05:38 AM
Get well Phred! We are all rooting for you.

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-13-2005, 06:06 AM
Sending prayers for Phred's quick and full recovery.

tatsxxx11
11-13-2005, 06:17 AM
Oh no...:( :( :( As Gini and Chris and so many others have said, you are always there for all of us whenever prayers are needed and now we will be on the prayer line for you, dear friend, asking God to watch over you, heal you and bring you back to us as soon as possible. We love you Phred, you dear, sweet, wonderful man. Please, get well soon.

Ginger's Mom
11-13-2005, 06:32 AM
No, not Phred! I will definitely be sending out prayers and good thoughts for Phred. Thanks for letting us know, Staci. I will be checking in all day for updates, please let us know if there is anything additional we can do (besides our continued prayers).

moosmom
11-13-2005, 06:37 AM
Oh no!! :( Phred?? I couldn't believe my eyes when I read this thread.

Phred,

You have always been there for us in time of need. Going well beyond the call of duty MANY times!! Please get well soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you honey!!

Rachel
11-13-2005, 06:39 AM
Oh Dear God, please help our Phred through this ordeal. His furkids must be beside themselves with worry. You know them, God. They're the ones who come lovingly beseeching you for help and mercy for so many skin folks and fur kids, and now their very own Dad needs your help. We too need our Phred here on the dirt ball. He does good work, you know that. Cinder, Smokey, Boots, and Bowser are all good kids. Please grant their pleas to have him back to his full health and ornary ways. And I personally pledge to make a few life style suggestions for him - like more broccoli, less cookies.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-13-2005, 06:40 AM
Dear Phred, I am sending big get-better-vibes, all the way from Belgium!! You have always been there to comfort everybody here; now it is our turn to spoil you with good wishes!!

Kirsten
11-13-2005, 06:56 AM
Oh no!! :(

Phred, I hope you will soon feel much better!!

Get well wishes and positive thoughts are on the way!

Kirsten

Pam
11-13-2005, 07:10 AM
Oh no!! :( Phred?? I couldn't believe my eyes when I read this thread.

My thoughts exactly Donna. Phred you have prayed so many times for everyone here and now it is our turn to pray for you. I am glad you are in the hospital being cared for and hope that you will soon have a full recovery. We miss you already. Staci, do you know who has the furkids?

Lillycat
11-13-2005, 07:13 AM
.......prayers on the way.....

finn's mom
11-13-2005, 07:18 AM
:( I'm sending good thoughts, this is awful.

anna_66
11-13-2005, 07:25 AM
I just seen this in my email Staci and had to rush over to see if you'd heard anything yet but I guess you haven't.
Will you please make sure you let me/us know what's going on. I would call but I think if we all called they might get annoyed with us.
You have my number, so if you want to call I'll be home sometime after 4.

Phred, your in my thoughts and prayers{{{HUGS}}}
Love Anna

Cataholic
11-13-2005, 07:31 AM
How can this be? The one that has always been there for us, time and again, is now in need? I am in shock, really, with this news. While I can NEVER replicate your posts, there is ONE part I can say...

< picks up the phone......> Hello, God? It is Cataholic...and we need your help down here again....one our of best friends is in need........

:( Please, Phred, hang in there. We are all praying.

davidpizzica
11-13-2005, 07:33 AM
Phred is always so good at praying for anyone else who is sick or under the weather on this board, so here are Pittsburgh prayers on their way for Phred!

Daisy and Delilah
11-13-2005, 08:12 AM
I am so taken aback with grief over this. As are we all here at Pet Talk. Phred, you have to get better. You are the dearest man on the face of the earth. The love, caring, and compassion, you have for others is unmeasurable. You've always been there for everybody with your undieing devotion. I'm sending all the positive vibes and powerful prayers I can in your direction. Please get well. I too, will be checking in all day from home and work to see how you're doing. Please God, help our dear, sweet, Phred, get well!!

Hang in there Cinder, Smokey, Boots, and Bowser, da bus driver will be home soon, as good as new!

Karen
11-13-2005, 08:40 AM
Yikes! Thanks for letting us know, Staci! I'm sure his friends are taking care of his pets, they dogsit for each other often, so Cinder, Smokey, Bowzer and Boots are all in good hands.

Big prayers are on the way for our Phred - real name John Morris, in case someone else picks up the phone - but I know God knows who we're talking about!

He will be in all our prayers this morning!

lizbud
11-13-2005, 08:55 AM
Oh, I am so sorry to hear this bad news.I will be praying with all my
might that Phred recovers completely & quickly.I hope the fur kids are
being cared for by one of his fire buddies. Some prayers for them also.

k9krazee
11-13-2005, 09:02 AM
Phred, you will be in our thoughts and prayers!!

Laura's Babies
11-13-2005, 09:07 AM
I saw this in Cat General but will add here that my prayers are going for our dear friend Phred. The one that has always been there for us, to keep us as informed on EVERY siutation that comes up here. He has gone above and beyond the call of duty as a PT member, always there for us.

Phred, may God watch over you and keep you safe, May He place His healing hands on you in your time of need and bring you peace and good health.

Randi
11-13-2005, 09:21 AM
This is hitting me very hard. :( Phred is THE pillar of PT and has always been here for all of us. He is the most loving and caring man on earth!

Dear, dear Phred, please get well, we all need you! Take it very easy and do what the doctors say!

Sending tons of positive and healing vibes to you, my friend. :) Get well, Phred!

The ones of you who are in touch with the hospital, please update, and please let it be good news!!! This is nerve wrecking. :(

momoffuzzyfaces
11-13-2005, 09:27 AM
Lord, the prayer pups and kat are at a loss for words right now. Their beloved daddy is in the hospital. I would like to offer a prayer for him on their behalf. They need him so much and so do we on Pet Talk.
Please keep angels surrounding him and his doctors and heal him and return him to all who love and need him. Thank you. Amen.
:(

Ps, please forgive the tears.

Freckles
11-13-2005, 09:36 AM
No, not Phred!

Please know our healing thoughts and prayers are with you.

wolfie
11-13-2005, 09:45 AM
Get well soon Phred! We'll be thinking of you.

Cataholic
11-13-2005, 10:13 AM
I just got off the phone with John's nurse. According to him, he is awake and oriented x 3- which is a great thing. No phone in the room, so, I couldn't get to speak to John. Of course, I started bawling on the phone with the nurse, and he said, "He is going to be fine, honey. If he keeps it up, we are going to have to kick him out of here."

Of course, I took that as a huge sign that God is working his miracle on our friend.

I told him to tell John that I called, and that a whole bunch of people are praying for him.

BTW, that phone number originally posted doesn't appear to be working. So, I would ask that you call the hospital main number at 330-884-1000, and ask for the Medical Intensive Care Unit. Once John gets transferred to a room, I am sure they will give him a telephone.

Johanna

cyber-sibes
11-13-2005, 10:17 AM
:eek: OMG! I just got back, been gone for a week...prayers, lots of them, going out for Phred. Gosh, I just drove through Youngstown on my way home last night, too :(
Will keep checking this thread for updates.....

ParNone
11-13-2005, 10:21 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts headed your way Phred. Get well soon.

Par...

gini
11-13-2005, 10:22 AM
Johanna, thanks so much for the update. I jumped on Pet Talk first thing this morning to see if there was any news.

This is indeed GOOD news. Your own prayer reduced me to tears this morning when I read it.

ZippieKat gave me the phone number for the hospital Gift Shop - and they may be able to arrange to deliver flowers to Phred.

I haven't called yet - we may need to wait until he is in his own room.

(330) 884 3178 is the phone number.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-13-2005, 10:42 AM
Joanna that is indeed good news. Of course, I'm crying again but that's ok.

lbaker
11-13-2005, 10:51 AM
Gini called me this morning with this most awful news. My home computer is still not working but I can use my grandson's in times like these. My prayer candle is lit in the window and my heart is aching... but filled with all the comforts this wonderful human being has brought, and will CONTINUE to bring us. Hands together now... please take care of yourself John, as you have taken care of so many others.

AdoreMyDogs
11-13-2005, 10:57 AM
I just read the news about Phred. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Phred, and I will keep checking for updates. I'm so glad to hear you're on the road to recovery. Thank you, God, for watching out for our friend.

slick
11-13-2005, 11:01 AM
Johanna, thank you so very much for the uppydate. My prayers for Phred continue.

shais_mom
11-13-2005, 11:10 AM
I called the hospital - and as I suspected in a bigger hospital there are no phones in the ICU patient rooms. I talked to his nurse and I told her that I know I can't talk to him and I know with HIPPA she can't tell me anything but she cofirmed he was ok. AND she promised she would relay the message that that I called and that we are thinking and praying for him. So this is all we have until he is able to get out and call us himself.

keep the prayers coming!

I would have called you Jo - but I didn't find out until Midnite last nite - and I don't have your number.
I edited the number that I posted - it went straight tho administration so I just punched 0 to get the operator.

wolf_Q
11-13-2005, 11:18 AM
I'm very sorry to hear this. :( I hope he will be ok!

tatsxxx11
11-13-2005, 11:25 AM
Oh, thank you Johanna for the encouraging update. I'm sure all the messages of love and prayers will be greatly appreciated by our dear friend. Aside from calling, we'll probably have to wait on the flowers as well as most ICUs do not allow them. Hopefully soon he'll be in room so that we can call and send flowers, etc. Oh, this so upsetting:( We're with you John and we love you:) Hoping that fur crew is in good hands as well...

lizbud
11-13-2005, 11:31 AM
I am very glad to hear a good report on John from his nurse.I hope his
recovery goes well also. I'll keep checking in for a time to send cards, etc.

K9soul
11-13-2005, 11:32 AM
I just saw this, and am shocked and heartbroken to hear that Phred is going through this. I am grateful to hear the update, that he has been awake and fully oriented. I know it may be some time before he sees this but I just want to say...

Phred, you are in my most heartfelt thoughts and prayers. Me and mine will be praying and talking on that God line that he watch over you and help give you the strength to fully recover as fast as possible. You are in all our hearts and I hope you can feel our love encircling you from around the world. Get well soon, dearest Phred.

Jess, Tommy, Tasha, and Dawn

RedHedd
11-13-2005, 11:35 AM
Joanna, thank you for the updates. Those nurses must be wondering who the heck all these PT people are. Phred, just know that you're in our thoughts and prayers, all paws 'n clawz crossed here in the M's household.

KYS
11-13-2005, 11:36 AM
Thank you for the update.
I am so glad he is doing fine.
Hopefully he will be home soon.
Sending many get well wishes and prayers.

Ginger's Mom
11-13-2005, 11:41 AM
Thank you Johanna and Staci for the updates. I am so glad to hear that he is awake and oriented. I will definitely keep the prayers going, and will keep checking for updates.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-13-2005, 11:46 AM
Just thought you might like to see Phred and Cinder and Smoke
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/p654e0b74e91968ab7c49659951d666c0/fa414c84.jpg

Randi
11-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Thank you for the encouraging update, Johanna and Stacy. Let's all keep sending prayers and positive thoughts to Phred for a full recovery.

Cinder, Smoke, Bowser and Boots must miss him terribly - as we all do. :(

Hang in there, and get well Phred!!

Oh MOFF, seeing that picture - you have me crying again.

gini
11-13-2005, 11:51 AM
Moff, oh my, tears are flowing again. But the news is good - and that is what we need to concentrate on right now.

wolf_Q
11-13-2005, 11:59 AM
This is Kay posting from Amy's computer, I hope she doesn't mind.

All three of us (Audrey, Amy, and I) have been thinking of Phred this morning. I hope he will be fine and back "home", as in Pet Talk, soon. Very heartbreaking to hear such upsetting news.

Whoever can, please keep us updated.

Kay (Kfamr)

popcornbird
11-13-2005, 12:17 PM
Thanks so much for the updates Johanna and Staci. I've been been praying contantly for our special PT member who usually always prays for everyone else. May God restore Phred's health completely, quickly, and bring him back to all of us here on PT. More prayers being sent. Get well soon Phred!!!

jazzcat
11-13-2005, 12:21 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for our Phred. Get well soon!

dukedogsmom
11-13-2005, 12:23 PM
Get well very soon, Phred! We're so sorry to hear what happened. Lots of fingers and paws crossed hoping your recovery goes well.

zippy-kat
11-13-2005, 12:39 PM
Lots of prayers still headed your way!

Grace
11-13-2005, 12:54 PM
More prayers for Phred, and his critters, also.

Randi
11-13-2005, 01:32 PM
I called the hospital - took me 11 min. to get through to someone in his unit. I spoke to Phreds good firefighter friend Pat, he really is nice - have known Phred since about 76. He persuaded Phred to come along to the hospital, together with his brother Tracy? who is in the MT. They were ready to force him if neccesary. Phred was in his driveway at the time it happened - thank God! He had a very high BP he told me. He also said they started him on IV's - whatever that is.

He said it was a close encounter and a major warning, and that Phred is not completely out of the woods, so please keep sending all your prayers and good thoughts! Phred is awake and conscious about what's going on, the nurses are great, and he has got his color back, and is only getting liquid for nutrition so far. He will be going on a diet. When he gets a room of his own, he will probably have to stay for about 10 days.

Cinder, Smoke, Bowser and Boots are well cared for, and Phred is in a good spirit - joking like always.

Pull through this, Phred!! ... even if you do have to stop smoking, and eating healthy. We're all rooting for you!!

I believe Phred needs some piece and quiet, but I'm sure he'll be happy to have messages passed on. :)

Samantha Puppy
11-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Prayers coming Phred's way from Josh and me for a fast and full recovery.

gini
11-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Randi, thanks so much for the update!

Yes, some peace and quiet and rest. Thank God for his friend Pat............!!

Karen
11-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Prayers still being sent Ohioways!

davidpizzica
11-13-2005, 01:59 PM
Pittsburgh prayers continue to be sent to Phred and his family. Thank goodness for his buddy who urged him to the hospital. Randi, thanks for the update.

new mom to a veiled
11-13-2005, 02:04 PM
Ohh No :eek: All my thoughts and prayers going out to you Phred, and your family.......hoping you'll be back to your ol' self soon.....

Rachel
11-13-2005, 02:24 PM
A big thank you to all who have relayed Uppiedates as I know there are many who like me are be checking back here often to find out how our Phred is doing. I'm pretty sure those fire boys (and girls) will knock themselves out to take care of whatever it is Phred needs. Does anyone know the number of his fire station? Maybe they will be able to suggest something else he might need and we could provide. Sure wish we were closer and could all do our part for Cinder, Smokey, Bowser and Boots.

zippy-kat
11-13-2005, 02:27 PM
A big thank you to all who have relayed Uppiedates as I know there are many who like me are be checking back here often to find out how our Phred is doing. I'm pretty sure those fire boys (and girls) will knock themselves out to take care of whatever it is Phred needs. Does anyone know the number of his fire station? Maybe they will be able to suggest something else he might need and we could provide. Sure wish we were closer and could all do our part for Cinder, Smokey, Bowser and Boots.

Yes - give me just a second to find it....

I'll edit it this post ASAP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT:
Berlin Township Fire Dept.
Business Phone: 330-547-4887
Email: [email protected]

Freckles
11-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Be sure to reread Randi's post. She's added new information. :)

Thanks, Randi.

emily_the_spoiled
11-13-2005, 02:31 PM
Laurie phoned me this afternoon to tell me what happened to Phred. Thank you for all of the posts about his progress. That is always the worst part ... waiting.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Phred...

Corinna
11-13-2005, 02:38 PM
Just now getting where I could get up to the cmputer and OMG Not Phred. But glad to hear he's doing well. Prayers going out from Montana to the fur kids and John > I guess this means no more Mikey d's for the kids.

zippy-kat
11-13-2005, 02:39 PM
I called the hospital - took me 11 min. to get through to someone in his unit. I spoke to Phreds good firefighter friend Pat...

Randi, do you know if this Pat is also his neighbor? (There's a Pat and Joan that Phred often dogsits for.) If so, is he the one taking care of Phred's pets?

Thanks for the update!

ChrisH
11-13-2005, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the updates everyone.
Keeping the prayers, positive thoughts and love going his way.

Chris

momoffuzzyfaces
11-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Randi, thanks for udating about Phred AND the kids! Knowing someone is taking care of them is such a relief.

Freckles, thanks for pointing out that Randi had added that info. I would have missed it otherwise.

Prayers still on the way from me!

Pam
11-13-2005, 02:54 PM
Randi, like so many others I have been checking the board today to see how our favorite fireman is doing. Your news is very encouraging and I am so glad that his friend was able to convince him to seek medical care. I hope some day soon he will be well enough to read all of these notes so he can see just what a large Pet Talk family he belongs to. We are rooting for you Phred! Hurry back to us!

Randi
11-13-2005, 02:56 PM
Zippy, I'm not sure, but I think it is the one Phred dog/etc. sits for. Not sure how close Phreds neighbors are, but Phred was in his driveway. I believe he is a firefighter buddy as well. It may have been the one Stacy talked to. She will probably know. Do you have her no. or e-mail address? I will PM you!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-13-2005, 03:03 PM
Zippy, I'm not sure, but I think it is the one Phred dog/etc. sits for. Not sure how close Phreds neighbors are, but Phred was in his driveway. I believe he is a firefighter buddy as well. It may have been the one Stacy talked to. She will probably know. Do you have her no. or e-mail address? I will PM you!
Talk about guardian angels, how fortunate Phred was in his drive way with help near by and not out in the woods by himslef. I get chills just thinking about that.

gemini9961
11-13-2005, 03:25 PM
Recovery wishes coming from sunny FL. Get well Phred!!

RICHARD
11-13-2005, 03:29 PM
Hey GOD???

(I know this is the prayer pups job...I hope this is alright.....)

Thanks for taking care of Phred for us and for getting him well and back on his feet again.....

If you can will you keep an eye out for his kids and make sure that someone is able to get out there a take care of them..

And can you please make that hospital food tasty while he's in there???

Thanks and AMEN!

petslover
11-13-2005, 03:33 PM
Get Well Soon Phred. We are wishing you a speedy recovery.

shais_mom
11-13-2005, 03:38 PM
Hey GOD???

Thanks for taking care of Phred for us and for getting him well and back on his feet again.....

If you can will you keep an eye out for his kids and make sure that someone is able to get out there a take care of them..

Thanks and AMEN!
ok
I had been keeping a stiff upper lip until I got here. Now the tears are free flowing.
Thank you for the update Randi. I am glad you got to talk to someone who was able to give info.
I think the person I talked to was named Tim - but it could have been Tracy -after he told me why he was calling all thoughts of who he was flew out the window. I do have that person's number but like I said I don't remember his name exactly.

joycenalex
11-13-2005, 03:44 PM
wow! double wow! glad to hear phred is in the best place possible for him right now. but please, maybe i missed it, is someone taking care of his furries? one of the other firefighters?

koxka
11-13-2005, 03:45 PM
Hey GOD???

Thanks and AMEN!

AMEN!

Talk about guardian angels, how fortunate Phred was in his drive way with help near by and not out in the woods by himslef. I get chills just thinking about that.

I can't not even to think on what happened if he was out in the woods by himself. :(

All the Gang and myself are sending positive thoughts and healing vibes for a speedy recovery to our beloved Phred.

4 Dog Mother
11-13-2005, 03:49 PM
Amy called me from Arizona (where she and Ralph are vacationing to see the Nascar race today) to tell me about Phred. Staci had text messaged her there (Thank Staci for keeping our family informed). Phred has been such a God send to us that I hope we will be able to do something in return soon. Right now we are waiting to hear when he will be in a room where he has a phone. Where he lives is about 3 1/2 hours from here or we would already be there - we just weren't sure since we aren't family if they would let him see us.

Get well, Phred, we all here at Pet talk need you! (And we will have to talk about that smoking, pal!)

Almita
11-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Wow that is so horrible Phred will be in my prayers all the way!

prechrswife
11-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Praying here...

shais_mom
11-13-2005, 04:10 PM
wow! double wow! glad to hear phred is in the best place possible for him right now. but please, maybe i missed it, is someone taking care of his furries? one of the other firefighters?

I am pretty sure that Pat - the man that Randi talked with is watching them. Phred watches Callie - their dog when they go away.

Poo
11-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Prayers on the way.

Nicki x

slick
11-13-2005, 04:53 PM
Thanks to those of you who are keeping us updated. It's nice to know that the furkids are being taken care of, but then again, for all he does for other people I wouldn't doubt that there would be a lineup of people waiting to help him out. MOFF :( That picture brings tears to my eyes.
Phred, we love you and know that God has sent down a very special angel to sit on your shoulder and see you through this. I know your mind is probably wandering and thinking about your next rescue, but you need to obey the doctors and concentrate on healing so you can go home.

{{{hugs}}}
**looks up** Thanks Gawd...

momoffuzzyfaces
11-13-2005, 05:05 PM
MOFF :( That picture brings tears to my eyes.[I][/SIZE][/B]
I'm sorry. I just thought the one's who have never seen him, would like to know what he looks like. :(

slick
11-13-2005, 05:12 PM
Oh no MOFF, don't be upset. What you did was a good thing (not trying to be "Martha" here..) It's just seeing his picture and visualizing him in a hospital bed.....just breaks my heart.

{{{hugs}}} to you sweetie.

jenluckenbach
11-13-2005, 05:53 PM
I was gone all day, but I checked this thread first and 5 pages had gone by during today. But I am so glad to have some positive updates among those many heartfelt responses.

More prayers will be said to spped the recovery.

(and Randi. IV is intra-veinous, meaning a needle directly into a vein in order to supply fluids and or nutrients as needed)

joanofark
11-13-2005, 06:08 PM
This is awful! Get better Phred! I'll be thinking of you!:(:(

Vermontcat
11-13-2005, 06:42 PM
So sorry to hear that Phred is in the hospital. :(
I'm sending more Pet Talk prayers for Phred so that he can get out of that hospital and be back home with his furkids soon!
Thanks to those of you who have given us updates.

anna_66
11-13-2005, 07:46 PM
Just had to come back and see if there were any updates (thanks Randi:)).
I'm glad to hear he's doing alright.

Buddy, you better get out of that hospital soon...those pups miss their dad!

shais_mom
11-13-2005, 08:35 PM
YYYEEAAAAAA!!!!!
THANK YOU GOD!! :D
I had just wokeup from a nap before work and hadn't yet got in the shower (thank God for timing) and my phone rang and the id said "phred" I answered quickly and he said "its the patient sneaking a phone call!" He had his cell phone and was sneaking me a call which is usually a huge no no (cell phones) in an icu ward. Said it would be just a minute or 2 but as talking with Phred goes - 35 minutes later we hung up!
First off he thanks everyone for the well wishes, love, positive thoughts and prayers, he worries that so many people are making long distance calls on his account! :rolleyes:
He said he will be moved to a regular room hopefully tomorrow but isn't sure if he is going to have access to the phone b/c of the cost. He said for everyone to hold off calling until tomorrow as the nurses are forgetting the names as they go from the desk to his room ( :rolleyes: ) and he has to prompt them with who may have called.
Here is his story:
Yesterday morning he went to Cleveland to see a special Museum boat that had docked up there that he was interested in. Took the dogs with him. Got there went in for the private tour and started to not feel well. He ended up sitting in a chair for over an hour and a half with people keeping a close eye on him wanting to call 911. But of course he refused that b/c the dogs were in the car. So he made his way home from Cleveland - had the presence of mind to chew aspirin on the way home - drove to Pat and Joans where they were not home and he had forgot his cell phone. As he was leaving their house they came home and he asked them to take his blood pressure and they couldn't find their equipment - so they called their friend Tracy who is an EMT and he came and took his pressure and said you need to get to the ER - your heart is racing and your pressure is sky high. So they went to the Urgent care branch of their local hospital and things moved quickly from there. They transferred him to the Main Branch about 20 minutes away (he called it the mother ship ;)) to the ICU via an ambulance when he got there the dr said that they already had a patient on the cath table and another one after that and then him. So they could do the cath chemically and the results would not be as good and the risk of ummmm death was higher! So this dr said that his partner could do it as soon as they could get him to a 3rd hospital - which is where he is now. So he went on another trip about 2 minutes down the road and went straight to the Cath Lab and was in there for over 2 1/2 hours and made 3 attempts to get in thru his groing. Started out right - then left - then right again. The dr got the blockage reamed out and the rest we all know. He was in good spirits and like I said ready to get out of there. He hopes to be out in a couple days and posting by the end of the week. I told him that we send him lots of pawsitive thoughts, love and prayers all over the world and he said "THANK YOU!"
He sends love and thanks to all.............

words can not express how happy and thrilled I am to have talked to him!

CagneyDog
11-13-2005, 08:39 PM
Thats so scary, but i'm glad he is okay :) Thanks for the update.

Flatcoatluver
11-13-2005, 08:41 PM
thanks for updating, i just heard about this! My prayers are being sent and I am happy he is doing better.

Ginger's Mom
11-13-2005, 08:49 PM
Oh good for Phred. I am so glad that you got to talk to him Staci, I know that I could never have shut my computer down for the night until someone had direct contact with him. Thank you for updating us. Prayers are still going out for that very special man's quick recovery.

slick
11-13-2005, 09:14 PM
Staci, thank you for this much-needed wonderful news. So he wants out NOW....isn't that typical and I have to smile although I know that he's not out of the woods yet. What next for him I wonder?

caseysmom
11-13-2005, 09:16 PM
I just got back from being out of town for 3 days and saw this....how scary. I am glad Phred is doing okay...prayers are on the way.

Cincy'sMom
11-13-2005, 10:31 PM
I haven't been near the computer today, but had to check and see what news there may be...even though Staci texted me that she was on the phone with Phred as we were driving home from the race (thanks, Staci!)

So glad to hear the good news and updates. As someone else said, Phred, is THE pillar of our community, and has done so much for everyone on PT.

Lots of prayers from AZ.

zippy-kat
11-13-2005, 10:55 PM
I also got a call from Phred! :D

He is in GOOD spirits and both of us were laughing through out the phone call. Admittedly, he said he wasn't feeling bad but wasn't feeling all that great either. He hopes to get out of bed and do HIS version of "walking around" tomorrow (as opposed to the nurses' version, which consists of just visiting the potty).

Of course he's being as "bratty" ( ;) ) as ever and won't let anyone do anything for him.... even turned down a "do your laundry" offer. ( :rolleyes: Silly guy, doesn't he know it's time for us to do for him?!)

Pat and Joan are taking care of the furkids; they're A-OK.

His sense of humor is operating at full speed. :D
While on the phone, he accidentally wiggled off the EKG monitor and "flat lined" for a few. After he snapped it back on, he commented, "There! Now I'm alive again!" :D

As Staci said, he's concerned about the people worrying for him. I told him that he was pretty darn special to us - OF COURSE we'd worry!

What a dear, dear soul...
Here come the tears so I'll end now.

Please know that he thanks everyone for the well-wishes.

kimboe
11-13-2005, 11:56 PM
Oh My...thank goodness Phred's alright! I haven't been around for awhile. Well hope you get well soon, and keep up with the positive attitude! :D :D

slick
11-13-2005, 11:56 PM
While on the phone, he accidentally wiggled off the EKG monitor and "flat lined" for a few. After he snapped it back on, he commented, "There! Now I'm alive again!"
:D :D :D I'm sorry but I just have to laugh at this comment. God Bless you Phred for teaching some of us how to laugh. Thanks Zippy for the update. ;)

krazyaboutkatz
11-14-2005, 12:34 AM
Thanks for all of the updates. I'm so glad to hear that Phred is doing well and still has his wonderful sense of humor. :) Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Please get well soon Phred.

ChrisH
11-14-2005, 02:52 AM
Thanks Staci and Zippy for those updates ... tears are rolling while I'm laughing! What a wonderful man he is!

jenluckenbach
11-14-2005, 06:08 AM
:d :d

trayi52
11-14-2005, 06:33 AM
Thanks for the update, even though it did make me laugh. Phred is such a special man, and always there for all of us, tell him he better get well very soon!

Willie :)

Daisy and Delilah
11-14-2005, 07:37 AM
I, as well, would like to say I'm so happy to hear that Phred is doing okay and still has his sense of humor. What a great guy Phred is! He's so busy trying to help everybody else, he has neglected himself. I am so hoping he will slow down and take time for himself from now on. Let me also say thanks to all of you wonderful PT'ers that have pitched in to keep us all informed and updated on this situation. You're doing a great job and I know we all appreciate it very much. I have PM'd you Staci. Please take your time in answering me. I know how busy you are. Zippy I sent you an e-mail also. Thanks again to you ladies for doing this. I'll keep Phred in my thoughts and prayers and continue to send positive vibes up there from Florida. GET WELL PHRED!!!!! PT isn't the same without you!! :D

BitsyNaceyDog
11-14-2005, 08:24 AM
Oh no! Phred, you're in my prayers.

Anita Cholaine
11-14-2005, 10:33 AM
This is so sad :( Phred, you're a fantastic person. I'm glad to know that you're doing well... You'll be in my thoughts and prayers...

mruffruff
11-14-2005, 11:28 AM
Phred's always been one of my favorite Pet Talk people. I'm so sorry this had to happen to him, but I'm glad he's doing better.

Love the picture of him and the furkids. Thanks for posting it.

Sending lots of prayers for a quick recovery.

luvofallhorses
11-14-2005, 11:31 AM
I am so sorry to have missed this. :( Phred,
you will held close in my thoughts and prayers.
((((((hugs))))) Please get well soon.

JenBKR
11-14-2005, 11:52 AM
How horrible! I'm just now reading this - Phred you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated.

ComedyDevil
11-14-2005, 12:11 PM
Oh gosh :( Get well soon Phred, sending prayers and good thoughts your way. :)

Vela
11-14-2005, 12:52 PM
I'm new here and don't really know Phred, or much of anyone else, but I am sending out prayers for a quick recovery and hope he can get home to his pups soon.

wolflady
11-14-2005, 12:56 PM
OMG! I just saw this too. Prayers are on the way for a swift recovery!!

**hugs**

Albea
11-14-2005, 01:48 PM
I've been away from PT for so long that I just saw this thread right now. Thanks Staci, Amy and Randi for the updates.
Prayers and healing thoughts are going to Phred with best wishes of a quick and complete recovery.

Ginger's Mom
11-14-2005, 02:04 PM
I know Phred requested that we don't call. But has anyone heard how he is doing today?

smokey the elder
11-14-2005, 02:07 PM
Phred, get well soon! We're all praying for you.

zippy-kat
11-14-2005, 05:47 PM
I know Phred requested that we don't call. But has anyone heard how he is doing today?

I just got home from work and have to go to class in about 15 minutes so, no news on this end, yet.

I'll give Staci a call after I get out of school and see if she's heard anything. I'm not sure if/when she had to work today...

slick
11-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Still continuing my prayers for Phred. I'll check back for uppydates later, Zip.

rizzy
11-14-2005, 09:52 PM
I am praying for Phred! May God be with him and his family durring this difficult time! Please keep us updated!{{{{{PRAYERS--HUGS}}}}}}}}

delidog
11-15-2005, 04:48 AM
I just saw this...Thank You to Amy for letting me know...
Phred,You are in Our Thoughts and Prayers....
Please Get Well Soon!!!!
Cinder,Smoke,Bowser and Boots Are All asking for you too,I am Sure

RobiLee
11-15-2005, 06:30 AM
Still thinking about you, Phred. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way for a speedy recovery and hoping you are home real soon.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-15-2005, 07:08 AM
Prayers continuing from me too! All 4 cats have their paws crossed too!

trayi52
11-15-2005, 07:21 AM
Still sending prayers and well wishes, Phred. Get well soon.

BitsyNaceyDog
11-15-2005, 08:08 AM
You're still in my thoughts and prayers, Phred.
Feel better soon.

pitc9
11-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Come on Bus driver.... the furkids want to go for a ride!! :D
Our thoughts and prayers are with you!
~Angie, Sierra & Buddy

shais_mom
11-15-2005, 09:01 AM
oh phone with him right now
he may be able to come home today or maybe tomorrow
he is allowed to be up and walking with the telemetry
not sure how much of his heart is damaged has to have an u/s to see
he is in the cardiac step down unit
sounds a bit tired and short of breath
he does have to stop smoking and of course that is easier said then done
He thanks everyone for the continued prayers - thoughts and what nots b/c they apparently worked since he is still here.
:)

Laura's Babies
11-15-2005, 09:26 AM
I have just updated Phreds Cyber Get Well card. Please check and make sure your name is on there. ***Look CAREFULLY since finding a specefic name is hard to find.**** I have checked here and collected more names and added so do not assume your name is not on there. Anyone wishing him well and offering prayers have been added. If I missed your name it is just an oversight so PM me.

http://67.15.70.205/talk/showthread.php?t=92826

Randi
11-15-2005, 09:31 AM
I will keep sending lots of positive and healing thoughts to you Phred, and Fister is sitting here right next to me, keeping his paws crossed too. :)

Your excellent sense of humour will help keep you going I'm sure, now you just need to get used to eating some healthy grub! ;)

Remember, you are very loved by us all!

lizbud
11-15-2005, 09:36 AM
Laura,

You did an excellent job on the ecard. :) Thanks so much for your time
and talent. Prayers still being said for Phred & his furkids.

gini
11-15-2005, 09:55 AM
Just stopping by to check in on Phred - Staci - thank you so much for the updates. Prayers are being offered non-stop for him.

anna_66
11-15-2005, 09:56 AM
Glad to hear the news Staci!

he does have to stop smoking and of course that is easier said then done

Tell him if Mark and I can both quit...SO CAN HE;) We'll be his support group:D

Ginger's Mom
11-15-2005, 10:03 AM
Thank you so much for the update, Staci. I sure hope he takes it easy and does everything the doctor's tell him. Prayers continuing from NJ.

Daisy and Delilah
11-15-2005, 10:24 AM
Thanks so much again for the uppiedates and all the hard work you ladies are doing to keep all of us informed. Thanks Laura for the beautiful card. Phred: You have to quit smoking. What more of a reason do you need? Please quit!! Our thoughts and prayers are still with you and wishes that you'll get well real soon! :D

furrykidsmother
11-15-2005, 10:34 AM
OMG!! I haven't been around much and I just am seeing this today. I am so, so very sorry. Lots & Lots of good thoughts and prayers on their way!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-15-2005, 10:45 AM
OMG! I am in total shock! Just last night I finally felt up to being on the computer myself, and just spent a brief moment answering Slick's email about how I was doing. She replied to me telling me of this thread and like I say, I'm in shock, but ever so thankful that Phred has so many guardian angels looking out for him!

I know it sounds like he'll be going home soon, but does anybody know if someone will be able to be there with him? He really shouldn't be alone right now even though we all know he wouldn't want anybody to "go through the trouble of staying with him." I know Cinder, Smokey and Bowser are probably wondering what in the world happened to their dad, but I'm sure they've been on the prayer line themselves - overtime. ;)

Phred, I will definitely be thinking about you and praying that everything continues to go well. From now on McD's stops are limited to treats for the furkids - not you!

Corinna
11-15-2005, 10:58 AM
Debbie glad to see your up and around I said the same thing. Poor phred no cigges and Mickey's boy I wouldn't want to be in that house for a couple of months. :D

Anita Cholaine
11-15-2005, 11:04 AM
You're still in my thoughts, Phred.......

krazyaboutkatz
11-15-2005, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the update Staci. I'm so glad to hear that Phred's doing well. :) Now hopefully he'll do as the doctor's ordered so he can recover quickly and be his old self again. Lot's of prayers and positive thoughts are still being sent Phred's way.

Logan
11-15-2005, 11:40 AM
I can't imagine the stress of stopping a habit that one has gotten into, but if anyone should have a reason to get more healthy, it's Phred!!!!! Our good thoughts and prayers continue!!!!

Please, Phred, take care of yourself!!!!!

Logan

ChrisH
11-15-2005, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the update Staci.

Prayers continuing.

Uabassoon
11-15-2005, 12:00 PM
I was out of town this past weekend so it's taken me a while to get here. Staci was nice enough to text me and let me know what was going on. Phred I'm happy to hear that you are feeling better. Sending prayers you have a full recovery soon.

ramanth
11-15-2005, 01:09 PM
I've been away from the computer and home sick and was shocked when I saw Staci's email!

I've read this entire thread and I'm so happy that Phred got to the hospital on time and that he's out of ICU.

Don't scare us like that Mr.! *wags stern finger*

I hope your recovery is swift and you are home in no time.

*HUGS*

Fett
11-15-2005, 02:12 PM
Yikes! I hope everything goes well for him. He called me at the hospital when I was in last year, so I wish him the speediest of recovery times. Prayers sent.

:cool:

jenluckenbach
11-15-2005, 03:51 PM
Just checking in on Phred.

lvpets2002
11-15-2005, 03:57 PM
:( So sad for Phred & hope all is to be well soon.. Me & the girls send lots of PT prayers to you Phred & Get Well Soon..

Van10
11-15-2005, 05:11 PM
I was shocked to hear that Phred is in the hospital. :eek: Thank God he's recovered enough to get out of the I.C.U...

Phred, PT isn't the same without you! Get better soon and come back to us!

Prayers coming your way... Van & the gang xox

cyber-sibes
11-15-2005, 07:03 PM
Glad to hear Phred's going home so soon! That's wonderful news - his furkids will be sooo happy to see him! Will keep prayers going for his speedy recovery. :)

rg_girlca
11-15-2005, 09:26 PM
Wow, I can't believe that he could be going home so soon already.

Phred, I pray that all goes well with you and you are able to kick your habit.

Cinder & Smoke
11-15-2005, 09:43 PM
Dad's Home!!!!Unka Pat & Miz Joan hadda go to #2 Dawter's Birfday partee...

Nurse Cindy gave Dad a ride home ta Unka PAt'slace
- an she had Jason & Tracy waitin ta "help".
Tracey drove us home inna Bus - we wuz inna back seet wiff Dad ...

Then Jason drove Dad ta Wally'sMart fur pillz - they jest got back.

We figgered we better let EBBERBUDDIE KNOWE dat Dad

1) Is feeling "purdy good" but tired.

2) Dint have very much heart "damage"

3) Plugged up the "right pipe" - da wun dat duzint kill ya!

Now Dad hazint READ all da PT Posts YET ....
Hazint FOUND em all yet - Miz Staci sed there wuz 4 or more of em!

Dad Wants to:

THANK - frum da TOP & Bottom of his Sicklie Heart -

EVERYONE for the Loving Posts, Thoughts, and Prayers -
and the folks who Called & Left Messages at the Hospital -
and Paul & Karen & Miz Hoppy & the Pet Talk Gang who sent along the
Vermont Care Bear!!!

Mr. Bear was "noticed" sittting beside the pillow or holding up the water pitcher ...

But he was *Ogled* by Everyone on the "Heart Floor" when Dad started
his "walking" today!

Quite da Site - we'z told - Dad in his "skimpy" hoppsbittle "dress" wiffa
drafty rear end - sock "slippers" - IV hookups dangling all over - Heart Monitor
telemetry radio bulgin inna pockit ....

Shufflin up & down da hall like a lost sheep ...
Wiff the Pet Talk Bear *tucked* unner his arm!!
:D

We'll take snappies of Mr. Bear tumorrow ...
Dad dun a LOTTA Hikin inna Halls ta "earn" his discharge tanite -
We fink it's fast becomin BigBedTyme!!

THANKS AGAIN - the PT Prayers CERTAINLY must have "worked"!!

With LOVE ...

/s/ Phred & the FurKids

PS:

Please tell God "THANKS" tonight!!

trayi52
11-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Great to see you home, Phred! Please take it easy, and most of all take care of yourself, stay well.

anna_66
11-15-2005, 10:05 PM
OH PHRED! I'm so glad to hear that you are home and even feeling good enough to let the crew tell us how you are:D
You better get yourself some rest now and take care, we don't want any more plug ups:p
Love ya!
{{{BIG HUGS}}}
Anna, Mark, Roxey, Huney and Bon

Karen
11-15-2005, 10:14 PM
Wooo hoo! Welcome home!

Glad the Bear made it! :) Now, you guys, that's the Bus Driver's Bear, not a chew toy, okay? ;) Just hadta say that in case there was any wondering going on.

Everyone snuggle down on the Big Bed and have a good night's rest. There's nothing better than your OWN BED after a hospital stay.

We can wait until tomorrow for more, we promise.

dukedogsmom
11-15-2005, 10:21 PM
Welcome home! I hope you continue to do well. I know your critters are glad to see you and they will be good medicine for you.

Daisy and Delilah
11-15-2005, 10:52 PM
Well Phred, now you can actually get some sleep ;) We're thrilled to hear you're home so soon. Please take it easy and get plenty of rest. Save your strength. We don't want to hear of any more problems with your health. Get Well and stop smoking!! :D

Flatcoatluver
11-15-2005, 10:59 PM
oh yeah your home, i am so happy, you made my day!!!! :D

krazyaboutkatz
11-15-2005, 11:09 PM
Welcome home Phred! :D Now please continue to rest and do as the doctor's ordered. We want you to continue to be healthy and with us for many years to come. :)

caseysmom
11-15-2005, 11:14 PM
Oh Phred I am so glad to hear you are home. It sounds like god gave you a little wake up call...

God said "hey phred this is god...you better start taking care of yourself, this is a little reminder that cinder and smoke depend on their fur dad"

Thankfully they can do so much for heart patients. Get a lot of rest.

slick
11-15-2005, 11:17 PM
Oh Phred, I'm crying happy tears over here. I know we don't know each other very well, but still, I've been praying for you every day. Now that you are home I guess this proves once again that Pet Talk prayers really do work miracles. Rest up and do all you need to do to remain healthy. Gawd is sending down some very speshal angels to make sure you take it easy and recoup. I'm sure all those furry pups and Bootz Da Kat will help in this project too. ;) Good to see you back!!
**praying hands** Thank you Gawd! You did it again!

rg_girlca
11-15-2005, 11:26 PM
Wecome home Phred. I am so glad to hear that there wasn't too much damage to your heart. Gosh I still can't believe that you are home after such a short time.
I can just picture you shuffling down the hall with the bear under your arm.
Oh to have gotten a picture of that would be priceless.

Please take it easy, don't strain yourself or get too stressed out and most importantly, please, please try to stop smoking. As others have said, this is a wake up call.

Take care. :)

gini
11-16-2005, 01:03 AM
God's door............

Knock, Knock................

Who's there?

Pet Talkers!!!

Ah, yes, I know all of you well. You are very worried about your dear friend Phred, aren't you?

Yes, we are!!

Do you have so little faith, that you would think I do not know of his value?

Well, we are worried!

Please, leave this in MY HANDS............but know, that I have heard every single prayer that has been offered in Phred's name - and I LISTEN..........AND I CARE, JUST AS MUCH AS ALL OF YOU!

Thank you God!!

Killearn Kitties
11-16-2005, 02:08 AM
So glad you are back home, Phred! :D Now you do everything they tell you to do and get better!

ChrisH
11-16-2005, 03:22 AM
Oh, Phred, so glad to see you home!! .... gosh, these old eyes are leakin again!
{{Big, but gentle, hugs}}

Barbara
11-16-2005, 03:58 AM
Phred, so good that you are home. And the heart attack didn't influence your sense of humor.

It must feel good to be in your own bed with everybody who belongs there. But now you take it easy!

:) :) :)

jenluckenbach
11-16-2005, 05:39 AM
WOW! You're home. Such a welcome sight. {{{HUGS}}}

Pam
11-16-2005, 06:19 AM
Phred a big Welcome Home to you friend. I am so happy that your hospital visit was such a short one and you are back at home with the furry family. I'm glad that your *ticker* didn't suffer much damage. You do what the doctor tells you because we don't want you having to head back to that place with the needles, monitors and drafty nightgowns. ;)

Cookiebaker
11-16-2005, 06:55 AM
Welcome Home, Phred!!! :D

I can only imagine 3 wagging tails, and one happy kat waiting at the door for you!!! :D

sasvermont
11-16-2005, 07:00 AM
Phred, I hope you recover quickly and move right on with whatever you were up to. It seems as though you didn't expect this event and now you will be on alert!

I am so happy you are home - and I bet your furkids are happy to see you too!

Gosh Phred, you surely worried lots of folks. And that is ok, it's just, it's just, well, we were ALL worried sick!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Phred))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))

Welcome Home.

lbaker
11-16-2005, 07:30 AM
Totally speechless with thanks, tears of joy and an overflowing heart ~~ what an ordeal for you dear, dear Phred.

Rachel
11-16-2005, 07:37 AM
Oh,the news is good! Phred was sprung from the Big House. I was worried that he would try to escape on his own, wearing that hospital gown, shuffling down the highway in his slippers, attached to an IV.

Now the prayers of gratitude are in order. The message Gini got from the Big Guy himself really warmed my heart. It's going to be okay!

That doesn't mean that Phred isn't going to get some unsolicited advice though. There are a few of us who love to share. heehee But for the time being we'll let him rest up before we begin the assault.

In the mean time Cinder and Smoke. If you see any wiffs of smoke anywhere around the ranch, you get here pronto and let us know and the assault will start post haste.

sirrahbed
11-16-2005, 07:39 AM
gini's transcript of our PT talk with God sounds very accurate :) That surely sounds like the prayers I have offered....

first thing hubby said this morning was "any word about Phred?"...well I was still in bed!.... :rolleyes: ....so I log on and read that Phred is indeed doing well, is home and even posted!! :D

Phred - you feel like a member of our family - that is how your heart attack and hospitalization affected our family here at home and of course on PT.

So wonderful to know you are HOME~ Isn't it amazing how quickly this has all happened and now HOME?? :D

We will continue to be thankful that you are well and keep asking God to watch over you and help you regain full health and strength.

RobiLee
11-16-2005, 07:57 AM
YAY! So glad you are home, Phred! Now make sure you are following the doctor's orders and taking care of yourself. I'm wishing you a full and speedy recovery.

{{{HUGS}}}

smokey the elder
11-16-2005, 08:00 AM
I'm glad you got sprung from the hospital, Phred. Now the furkids can help you heal up properly!

{{{Hugs}}}

zippy-kat
11-16-2005, 08:16 AM
So glad to hear you're home!! :D

furrykidsmother
11-16-2005, 08:18 AM
So very glad to hear that you are home!!!

4 Dog Mother
11-16-2005, 08:18 AM
Phred, it is good to hear that you are home and on the way to recovery. Just saw something in our paper this morning about a challenge to give up smoking starting Thursday. Yours just started a few days earlier. Have to read more closely what the article said.

Take care of yourself, friend! I know one family that would be mighty sad to lose as good a friend as you! All our love, the Kuhn family

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-16-2005, 08:26 AM
*tears* - I've never been as happy to read a PT post as the one Phred posted himself.

Phred - you gave us all a BIG fright - PLEASE take care of yourself and concentrate on getting better really soon!!!

((((HUGS))))

Cataholic
11-16-2005, 08:29 AM
Oh, MAJOR LES! Thank GOD you are home, Phred, thank God!

Now that you had a wake up call, time to start working on the NEW and IMPROVED (health wise) Phred.

At this very special time of year, for most Americans, anyhow ( ;) ), time to give thanks for Phred, for each other, for OUR health!

ramanth
11-16-2005, 08:32 AM
WELCOME HOME!!!!!!

I'm so happy to hear that you are home and on the road to recovery. :D :D

Quite da Site - we'z told - Dad in his "skimpy" hoppsbittle "dress" wiffa
drafty rear end - sock "slippers" - IV hookups dangling all over - Heart Monitor
telemetry radio bulgin inna pockit ....

Shufflin up & down da hall like a lost sheep ...
Wiff the Pet Talk Bear *tucked* unner his arm!!

What? No embarressing pics like this? ;) :D

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/ramanth/misc%20images/Aimingfornorthwall.jpg

Now you and Andy can trade stories and show off each others battle scars. ;)

pitc9
11-16-2005, 08:54 AM
Yiiippeeee!!! Da Bus Driver is HOME!!!!! :D
So glad to hear you are home and on your way to a speedy recovery!!
No pillz could ever help you get better faster than your very own furry ones!!

popcornbird
11-16-2005, 08:57 AM
:D :D :D

Welcome HOME Phred!!!! So glad to hear you are feeling better, and back home with the furkids. Now rest well, and may God ALWAYS keep you (and all of us) in the best of health! Take care of yourself.

slick
11-16-2005, 09:20 AM
God's door............
Knock, Knock................
Who's there?
Pet Talkers!!!
Ah, yes, I know all of you well. You are very worried about your dear friend Phred, aren't you?
Yes, we are!!
Do you have so little faith, that you would think I do not know of his value?
Well, we are worried!
Please, leave this in MY HANDS............but know, that I have heard every single prayer that has been offered in Phred's name - and I LISTEN..........AND I CARE, JUST AS MUCH AS ALL OF YOU!
Thank you God!!
Gee, way to go Gini....ya make a friend cry at 7:20 in the morning! ;) :(

Freckles
11-16-2005, 09:25 AM
Phred, I'm so happy and grateful you're home where you belong! :)

Albea
11-16-2005, 09:50 AM
Phred, it's so wonderful to read you're back home! :D I'm sure the fur kids had a grand tail wagging celebration to welcome you back to the ranch.
Be good and take care of yourself from now on.
Carina and I send you many good thoughts and get well wishes.
Alicia

Van10
11-16-2005, 09:51 AM
I'm glad to hear that you're finally home Phred! Take care! xox :D :D :D :D

Randi
11-16-2005, 10:37 AM
Welcome home, Phred!!

It's wonderful to see you back in a good spirit and feeling better!! :) :) Now, take one day at a time and eat the food you're told! ;)

I bet Cinder, Smoke, Bowser are wagging tails and Boots purring his head off! :D

Sending big gentle hugs, purrs and headbumpies.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-16-2005, 11:23 AM
Well, young man, you certainly made my day!!!

I can't stop grinning!!!!

Yep, you were on top of my prayer list too! I had aksed everyone in heaven to keep praying for you too. I have it on good authority that a certain black bunny told God you had better get well, or ELSE!!! Even He doesn't want to make Miz Sophie mad!!!! :D

WELCOME BACK!!!!! :D

Fett
11-16-2005, 11:26 AM
YAY PHRED! Just chill out and recover.....and try to let the dogs not jump on you. That would be bad.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-16-2005, 11:55 AM
Yippiee!!! Wooo hooo!!! I'm so happy you're home!

Now we can comiserate on all this hospital stuff. So, what's with those gowns anyway? Like I mentioned in my thread, they can put a man on the moon but they can't come up with a hospital gown that stays closed in the rear? sheesh! :rolleyes:

And how 'bout the food? I always thought hospital food was tolerable, but the oatmeal they gave me.....was it really made out of soggy cardboard? Sure tasted that way. ;)

Terry was also shocked when I told him, and he wanted to be sure that I sent well wishes from him also, so, from both of us - and the kitties too - keep resting up, follow docs orders, throw them durn cigarettes away and keep getting better! :)

K9soul
11-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Oh my eyes are definitely stinging. A most hearty and joyful
WELCOME HOME to you Phred. The double T's and I are thanking God with all our hearts!!! :D :D

Ginger's Mom
11-16-2005, 12:50 PM
Oh Phred, I am sooo happy to see you home. Please do everything the doctors tell you, we don't want to go through anything like that again.

zippy-kat
11-16-2005, 01:05 PM
Well, young man, you certainly made my day!!!

I can't stop grinning!!!!

Yep, you were on top of my prayer list too! I had aksed everyone in heaven to keep praying for you too. I have it on good authority that a certain black bunny told God you had better get well, or ELSE!!! Even He doesn't want to make Miz Sophie mad!!!! :D

WELCOME BACK!!!!! :D

:D ;)

Welcome back (again!), Phred!!

Glacier
11-16-2005, 01:44 PM
Welcome home, Phred! I've been thinking of you!

Be a good patient and follow the doc's orders! Or I'll send Kayleigh down to keep you in line--she's very good at that!

Logan
11-16-2005, 01:59 PM
Whew!!!!! How nice to know that you are home where you belong!!!!!!!!

Please take care of yourself!!!!! :)

Edwina's Secretary
11-16-2005, 02:12 PM
Although I have been traveling I have been closely following your "event", Phred.

There's no place like home, there's no place like home...."

keep on keeping on....

Jamieejo85
11-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Welcome home Phred!!!!!!!!! I have been keeping you in my thoughts and I am so glad that you are finally home!

Vermontcat
11-16-2005, 03:22 PM
Welcome back Phred!!! :D
What a nice surprise that you are back home and back to posting with your wonderful sense of humor still intact. ;)
I look forward to seeing photos of your new bear, I think I know lots of his friends and relatives. :)

RICHARD
11-16-2005, 04:14 PM
phred,
glad to hear you are doing well...

Glad you liked the "fastback" model of hospital gowns....

The back is cut out to reduce wind resistance...Kinda like the downforce in NASCAR!! :eek: :confused:

and I hope you know that Firemen done fade away..
They smoulder for a long long time.

Corinna
11-16-2005, 04:45 PM
Welcome home phred ! Glad you are doing well, what is it with you fire guys all the smoke on the line and you have to put a butt in your face too. This was a good warning , please heaed it for us and the furkids sakes. Also stay away from Micky D"s that stuff will kill ya. :D Glad your home and getting all the nursing you can from the Pro's there at the ranch.

Cincy'sMom
11-16-2005, 05:54 PM
WELCOME HOME PHRED!!!! So good to see you posting! Take cre of your self, and make sure those furkids of yours take care of you too!!!

AdoreMyDogs
11-16-2005, 06:06 PM
Welcome home, Phred! I'm so glad you're ok!

QueenScoopalot
11-16-2005, 06:45 PM
I've been waaaay behind on checking PT happenings! So sorry to hear about your heart attack Phred, but glad to be reading the last page and hearing you're back home again. Good thing you got into the hospital quick, and are on the mend. Go slow, and don't let those dogs take you on any wild runs for a while! ;)

auggie
11-16-2005, 07:41 PM
OMG! Phred, I'm so glad you're OK.
I wish you a speedy recovery. Please take care of yourself.
How are the furkidz behaving? I hope they're letting you rest.

buttercup132
11-16-2005, 07:54 PM
woo glad your home get better soon you gave a us all a BIG scare!!!! lol the furkids probly wont leave him alone!!! :D

cyber-sibes
11-16-2005, 08:29 PM
:eek: :D ;) :o :p Welcome Home Phred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :D :) :p

KYS
11-16-2005, 09:41 PM
A big welcome home!!!
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

RedHedd
11-16-2005, 10:05 PM
I'm so glad you're home and healing. Prayers continue as you continue to get better.

Soapets
11-16-2005, 10:07 PM
WELCOME HOME!

It's so GOOD to read this thread and find out that you are home and recovering! You have been in my thoughts and prayers, and I'll remember to say a big "Thank You, God" for the progress you've made! :)

Deb

kimlovescats
11-17-2005, 12:06 AM
WELCOME HOME, now you take it easy and don't be scaring us like that again! ;)

Hugs,
Kim ;)

Cinder & Smoke
11-17-2005, 02:24 AM
Now 3:00 AM, (checks DAY on watch) Thursday ...

Hmmm ...
They musta "tinkered" wiff Dad's internal klock, too!
We mostly LOST Wednesday ...

NUNBUDDIE did much "sleepin" Tues/Wed Nite ...
Dad kept not-sleepin and gettin up ... ALL nite!
Wrote Doc a diary-note about 6 AM ... hadda "Fax" it - Docs don't do E-mail! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif

Nebber got an "answer" - called Offiss agin @ 4:00 PM ...
"Oh, she saw it (diary-note) - didn't have any suggestions! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/eek.gif Come
in for a follow-up in 4-6 weeks ...
JAN 18 is da furst openin!"

Docs must use a different kallender!

Seemz like ebberthin dat izin't "werkin quite rite" is "Normal" ...
Quess we'll quit komplainin.

Kare-Bare mugg shots?
We'll try dat next day-time .... whenebber dat is!

"Early-to-bed" ... ??
Phone-yappin at 6 PM - fell asleep inna chair till 9:30 PM ....
Phone-yappin at 10 PM ... Letterman woked us up fur din-din at 12 AM ...
Dinner sleep-off till ... Now (3 AM)

Wonder if it's sleepin onna FLAT bed dat's da problemo ... ??
Feelin PAST-tiurd now ...
Let's try SLEEPIN!

{{{HUGGZ}}} an Many THANKS fur all da Kind Thoughts!!

Dad sez "Nitey-Nite (he hopes)!"

Oh, Yeah ...

God sez we "Owez Him wun!" http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

Randi
11-17-2005, 04:20 AM
Oh Phred, what a night! :( You gotta get some sleep! Cuddle up with Boots, like Debbie did with CJ. PT and the rest will be here when you wake up. ;)

Are Cinder, Smoke and Bowser with you, or still with your friends? Are they letting you relax? I do hope so!

Take care and keep getting better! Sending more hugs and headbumpies. :)

chocolatepuppy
11-17-2005, 04:43 AM
Welcome home Phred, I hope you recover quickly! :)

sasvermont
11-17-2005, 04:44 AM
Phred, glad to hear you are feeling fine, but you gotta get some sleep, too!

How about......no naps later in the PM, then a nice glass of warm milk before bed time along with a nice warm bath/shower and then some nice calm music on the clock radio in the nice cool temperatured bedroom? I think I am getting sleepy just typing this!

I bet everyone here has some fun thing to recommend to you!

So glad to hear you are doing fine.

SAS

Rachel
11-17-2005, 08:51 AM
Cinders and Smoke, maybe Dad should see if he can find a nice message board (like this one) for folks who have been through a similar type of experience to what he had, as it doesn't appear that the doc is going to be a whole lot of help. grrrr :mad: That just ain't right! Now that he's got pills to take, might want to do a bit of research on them too. Then there's got to be a real plan on how to eat right. Lots of stuff to think about right when you don't feel like doing much of anything. Take it slow, take it easy, bit by bit you will get through these days, and maybe be able to find a doc who can give a little care to a patient.

Randi
11-17-2005, 09:40 AM
... maybe Dad should see if he can find a nice message board (like this one) for folks who have been through a similar type of experience .....
That sounds like a good idea Rachel. I have been searching a bit, and found this: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=65&jump=Jump+to+Board

.... and this: http://ehealthforum.com/health/heart_attack_symptoms.html

This link has Northside Medical Center, and if you click on November and scroll down, you may see one of the surgeons who did the job on Phred. Well Done!!

http://www.forumhealth.org/forumhealth/forumnews/news.php

Keep getting better, Phred!! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-17-2005, 09:54 AM
Great ideas, Rachel!

Phred, SAS is right about no nappies in the evening - messed with my sleep the first few days too. I made a point of not napping after 4:00 pm, and since I made that decision, I was able to sleep the whole night through with just one wake up to renew the tylenol intake.

I'm always amazed at doctors when dealing with heart attacks also. A few years ago my dad had one. He went in in the morning, that afternoon they put a stint in, later that afternoon they released him with a few prescriptions and said come back in 6 months! :eek: When I found that out, I'm like, excuse me? Shouldn't he be monitored more to make sure the medications are working as expected and to make sure the blockage doesn't return and well....just because he just about almost died?

However, I have learned that when it comes to heart problems, the docs really do know what they are talking about since they deal with them so often, so I would just follow whatever advice they gave you and be sure to call them if you notice you're not feeling right again. They should, however, at the very least, be available to you if you have any questions.

Keep taking it easy, but slowly increase your activity level, and reduce the nappies. If it weren't so durn cold around here lately, I'd suggest going out with the dawgs for a little walk when you let them out, but not so sure that's a good idea with the cold....and I think you guys got snow too, didn't you?

Hope you continue to feel better! :)

gini
11-17-2005, 10:11 AM
Gosh Phred, you have a whole bunch of cyber nurses that are giving you excellent advice.

The suggestions about no naps after 4 pm sound about right. It makes the night pretty long - if you can't sleep.

Sounds to me that if the Doc doesn't want to see you until January 18th that he feels confident about you. But, I still would call in if you have any worries at all.

Just because you are home - doesn't mean that we have stopped praying for you. Giant hugs (but gentle) being sent your way.

slick
11-17-2005, 11:08 AM
Phred, I'm so sorry that you are not sleeping. I've been there, done that. I have also found that eating a big meal late at night is not a good thing either. It just sits there in my tummy and rumbles away all night, keeping me awake. You may want to try eating a small meal at 6pm and then a snack later if you are hungry. Just some thoughts.

Still more prayers on the way from KANADA! :)

shais_mom
11-17-2005, 12:21 PM
hmm I can relate to the not sleeping - up late then sleeping most of the day.
I think some chamomille tea or warm milk and a hot shower or bath is the perfect suggestion for you!
Try that tonite!

ChrisH
11-17-2005, 12:47 PM
Just because you are home - doesn't mean that we have stopped praying for you. Giant hugs (but gentle) being sent your way.
Yes, indeed. {{more hugs}}

Cinder & Smoke
11-17-2005, 01:54 PM
Weeeeellllll ...

Da "NO Nappiez" iz a great idea ... jest tell HIM dat!
Laz nite he wuz *jabberin* onna Tele-dinger ...
hung'd up an started watchin da Idiot Box ...

*droop* & *BOINK* an it wuz Litez Out inna Kliner chair wiffa eyeshadez down!

We all gotz grub affore da 11 a-klok newz ... but nunbuddie rememberz mucha da newz.

Den aftur da 3 a-klok wake-up, Dad figgered he wuz sleepin purdy gud inna Kliner ...
so he an SmokeMutt *curled up* inna chair fur a kupple more hourz.

Dad figgerz da Kliner chair iz jest a more narrow version uvva Hoppsbittle bed!
Who knowez - we mite all make it to da BigBed tanite!
:rolleyes:

Lady's Human
11-17-2005, 01:58 PM
Cinder and Smoke:

Just keep giving phred that therapy that he needs. There was am article recently about pets being the best therapy for post op patients. I'm esure you guys are doing your best to help him recover. Keep up the good work.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-17-2005, 02:14 PM
Yep, nothin like a little fuzzy luvin for what ails ya!!!

Keep it up gang!!! :D

zippy-kat
11-17-2005, 06:18 PM
Just checking in on our favorite fireman - glad to hear it's a good (if not sleepy) report. I second Staci's suggestion of chammomile tea and a warm bath/shower. Lavender, although "girl-y" ;), is very calming. (Softsoap makes a nice lavender 'n milk shower gel that isn't too perfume-y.) You could try a sachet of "the real stuff" tucked in your pillow case. Eucalyptus is also very calming.

Ok, since I'm in class, I suppose I should take notes, not write them. ;)

Check in again when you can! Hope you sleep/feel better!

Cinder & Smoke
11-17-2005, 06:56 PM
I second Staci's suggestion of chamomile tea and a warm bath/shower.

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif
Mr. Google sez I shouldn't plan on finding the Chamomile Tea Leaves on the local
Big Burd (Giant Eagle Store) shelves.

Lavender, although "girl-y" http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif, is very calming.

(Softsoap makes a nice lavender 'n milk shower gel that isn't too perfume-y.)

You could try a sachet of "the real stuff" tucked in your pillow case.

Eucalyptus is also very calming...

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/eek.gif
"Lavender... Softsoap... sachet... Eucalyptus..."

You guys have GOT to be kidding!!!
I'd never live it down iffin wunna the Fiur Guyz came in and "found" that stuff!

I think the ole Three BEERS before bed otta do the trick! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif
Wonder if they should be Bud LITES instead of Hi Test??

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

AvaJoy
11-17-2005, 09:37 PM
I'm just reading this now, and gosh, I'm glad you are on the mend, Phred! :) A few beers are usually good for closing the eyelids, so what the heck . . . it IS Thursday, so if Richard's cyberbar is still open (or am I shamefully behind in the threads . . . I know I am . . . sorry) why not partake?!!! ;) Open or not, I will toast to your good health!:D

slick
11-17-2005, 10:17 PM
OK, Mr. Fireman...here's a "burning" (pardon the pun) question that's been on my mind for awhile. Since your name is John, where did Phred come from? :confused:

Corinna
11-17-2005, 11:19 PM
Oh Slick I 'm so glad you asked I have been wondering for a couple years after I found out his name. Enquring minds want to know. (plus just nosy people too ) ;)

shais_mom
11-17-2005, 11:23 PM
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif
Mr. Google sez I shouldn't plan on finding the Chamomile Tea Leaves on the local
Big Burd (Giant Eagle Store) shelves.

Not True
Lipton carries it and the Celestial Seasonings carries a sleepy time tea that has the same stuff. Just go check out the tea Aisle - incognito if you must! ;)

http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/product/1082.php
http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/product/528.php
http://www.lipton.com/our_products/herbal_tea/hrb_quietly_chamomile.asp

http://www.celestialseasonings.com/teafinder/results.php

shais_mom
11-17-2005, 11:25 PM
Not True
Lipton carries it and the Celestial Seasonings carries a sleepy time tea that has the same stuff. Just go check out the tea Aisle - incognito if you must! ;)

And don't tempt me to send you the shower gel - why would the Fire guys be poking thru your bathroom cupboards!

MEN!!! :eek:

lbaker
11-18-2005, 06:41 AM
OMD! The mental picture of the furmen snooping around in Phreds bathroom cupboards :D :D Let's just hope they don't go into the fridge and find the dreaded KLAM JUZ!!!

Rachel
11-18-2005, 12:04 PM
Okay, you all must remember I'm a bit of a neurotic, but..... :eek:

Chamomile

Uses: Chamomile is often used in the form of a tea as a sedative.
Reactions: Allergic reactions can occur, particularly in persons allergic to ragweed. Reported reactions include abdominal cramps, tongue thickness, tightness in the throat, swelling of the lips, throat and eyes, itching all over the body, hives, and blockage of the breathing passages. Close monitoring is recommended for patients who are taking medications to prevent blood clotting (anticoagulants) such as warfarin (Coumadin).

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=7506

Anita Cholaine
11-18-2005, 02:23 PM
Yay!!:D You're back, Phred!!! I'm so sorry I didn't see this before :o, but I'm so happy for you...

momoffuzzyfaces
11-18-2005, 02:32 PM
I dunno about beer and any medicine you are on. They usually don't mix. I imagine the doc's sent you home with a whole bag full of meds, eh? They usually do any how.

Hope you get to feeling lots better real soon. :)

Cinder & Smoke
11-18-2005, 09:49 PM
And now I'z "tiurd"!

From 5 till 8 we went shopping ---
* Dawg Krunch
* "good" 2-Legger food from two stores
* check Post Office boxes
* home & HAUL all the stuff upstairs

Tyme to Feed da Muttts, cook up some Chamomile Tea ...
and crash into the BigBed.

I'll try workin on the Hoppsbittle Tails tomorrow.

;)

slick
11-18-2005, 10:10 PM
You must be exhausted Phred. Sleep well and I'll look forward to some "tails" in the morning.

Miss Meow
11-18-2005, 10:15 PM
Phred, I'm so sorry you've been in da hozpital! I'm sending you lots of hugs and hope you're back to normal soon {{{hugs}}}.

shais_mom
11-19-2005, 12:14 AM
Glad you found some tea Phred -
Take care and no 2 hour phone calls ;)

just kidding you can call me anytime!
I am just THANKFUL that you are HERE to chat with and tease!!!
{{hugs}}