PDA

View Full Version : Kitten shower suggestions?

Prairie Purrs
11-12-2005, 07:54 PM
My sister has a friend who is adopting two kittens, so my sister is going to throw her a kitten shower! Isn't that a great idea? :D

I sent her the recipe for the infamous litterbox cake. Does anyone have any other suggestions that I could pass along?

catmandu
11-12-2005, 07:59 PM
Interactive Cat Toys like the Cat Dancer would be good.
When they get older,A Big Cat Nip Mouse from Animal Welfare!!
Royal Canin Kitten Food,they usually have the Kitten,and Baby Kitten on sale.
And maybe ,if money is short a blanket from the Salvation Army,or a used crib.

Soapets
11-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Wow, that sounds like a fun idea! :) Are you looking for serious ideas, or for joke ideas, or a combination of these?

Deb

rg_girlca
11-12-2005, 08:29 PM
Well how cool is that. Having a kitten shower for the two adoptees. That is so sweet.

The only thing that I can think of, is like Gary said, bring some treats, toys, kitten food, stuff like that.

You know we definitely will insist on seeing pictures of the shower. :D

Prairie Purrs
11-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Wow, that sounds like a fun idea! :) Are you looking for serious ideas, or for joke ideas, or a combination of these?

Deb

Knowing my sister's parties, I think some serious and some not-so-serious ideas would be in order. :D

momcat
11-12-2005, 08:36 PM
What a fabulous idea!! Another possibility is grooming brushes, combs, things like that to keep the kitties looking and feeling their best. Also a good book on cat care. Then there's always a disposable digital camera and directions on how to join us on PT!

moosmom
11-12-2005, 09:06 PM
What a cool idea!! How about a gift card to Petco, Pet Supplies Plus or PetSmart.

Laura's Babies
11-12-2005, 10:34 PM
That is just the cutiest idea and such a sweet, wonderful thing to do! How come a PT'er didn't think of that? Yes, her joining PT is a MUST as she will need lots of advice and a place to showcase the 2 new additions to her family! Wow! We could have some FUN with a kitten shower around this place... We would go APE and have a ball!! I am totally blown away by the idea!

Kitten toys, treats, litter and boxes, blankies for the babies, OH! OH! OH! They MUST have a CAT FISH BED!!!! Some of Gary's Canadian catnip toys and the list just goes on and on!! (See, I am getting all carried away!)

Wouldn't decorating for that shower be FUN????? The cake and party favors, corsage for the Meowmie to be... (OK, I will quietly go away now so I won't hog this whole thread)

PJSZOO
11-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Maybe a gift certificate from the veterinarian (or money order if they don't have gift certificates) for neuter/spay or vaccinations?

moosmom
11-13-2005, 06:44 AM
PJSZOO,

What a great idea!! I never thought of a gift certificate for the vet.

Prairie Purrs
11-13-2005, 11:24 AM
Thanks to all for the excellent ideas! :D I'm sure the shower will be a hoot!

momcat
11-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Thanks to all for the excellent ideas! :D I'm sure the shower will be a hoot!

Be sure to get some pictures of the shower, you know we'll be expecting details. All of us here at PT can't wait to meet the proud new Meowmie and see her beautiful babies right here!