PDA

View Full Version : Tank

tatsxxx11
03-28-2002, 04:15 AM
Hi there Tank!! Oooooooh! I love your beautiful colors!!! And your human knew just how to pose you for us to see you in all of your glory! Your tail is especially lovely! What a beautiful boy! And such a gourmet!!!! Our good friend Jackie here on PT loves reading about you food efficianados!!!:D Oh, and Logan will love hearing about your vocal skills!!! Too bad we can't hear your sweetly, singing voice:( Now, you know Tank, today IS your special day! And of course, it's time to celebrate with lots of goodies!!! Just make sure you don't get a belly ache, ok???;) Congratulations to our sweetly singing, most precious and very BEAUTIFUL Tank, Pet of the Day!!

jackiesdaisy1935
03-28-2002, 09:01 AM
Hi Tank, aren't you the handsome bird. What a sweetie you are and I would love to hear you sing and say "I love you" what a nice thing to come home from work to hear you say that. It also sounds like you are quite the gourmet, and prefer people food and home made cookies. Good for you! They do taste better. lol
Congratulations dear, sweet, Tank our ruler of the airways and our Very Best Pet of the Day. I'm sure your Mom will give you some extra treats on your extra special day.
Jackie

allmyfurrykids
03-28-2002, 10:13 AM
:rolleyes: I was just trying to imagine a sugar-high parrot, and all of the sudden the lyrics: "yes we got trouble, right here in River City!...." came into my head! It must be a scream! (no pun intended!)

momoffuzzyfaces
03-28-2002, 11:14 AM
TANK!
I'd love to learn how such a sweet bird got such a name! Congratulations on being our special Pet of the Day today. I hope you get an extra Peanut Butter Cookie (or maybe two!).

lizbud
03-28-2002, 12:05 PM
HI THERE TANK

You're a Beautiful Parrot Sweet boy !!!
I'd really like to hear the "Yabba Dabba Do"
sometime... Congratulations on being honored
today as our PET OF THE DAY !!!

Paul
03-28-2002, 12:16 PM
   Hello Tank,

Several people have written to me to say you are really a White Capped Pionus and not a Macaw. Right now all I know is that you, like every other pet, are special!

Paul

LoudLou
03-28-2002, 01:53 PM
You are BEE-YOO-TI-FUL! Congratulations on being POTD! I hope you get spoiled today. Maybe scrambled eggs for dinner? Don't eat too much, though. Wouldn't want ya to get a tummy ache on your Special Day.

Tigeress
03-28-2002, 03:23 PM
Tank is stunning! I love talking birds. Mine just said her first words a month ago. Imagine my shock. It was like having a child speak for the first time. Of course now that she has started there is no end to the chatter!

Kimberlee
10-05-2002, 05:01 PM
Tank IS a whitecapped pionus. he's absolutely gorgeous.
I would like to warn the owners (if they happen to be on this board) that feeding him that much sugar is very likely to kill him or dramaticaly shorten his lifespan. A parrot's system cannot handle that much sugar. the same goes with salt and caffeine. THere are a lot of foods bird owners have to watch out for: fatty foods, sugary foods, oily foods, avocado, chocolate, sodas, coffee or tea. I've owned birds for nearly half my life and I loved them my whole life. I highly encourage the owners of Tank to visit dr Alicia McWater's website ( http://www.parrothouse.com/McWatter.html#Articles%20by%20Dr%20McWatters ) and to read the articles on nutrition at http://www.birdsnways.com (they also have species specific information in the article archives section. Look under "pionus")
You obviously love your bird very, very much, so the best thing to do for him is to learn as much as you can about what will keep him happy and healthy.
Don't get me wrong, a bite or two once or twice a week is fine. But remember: a gram of something to a pionus sized bird is about the same as a quarter pound to you.
And congrats on the award. ^.^ He truely is a gorgeous baby and it sounds like he's spoiled rotten.

Kim, Kiwi, Bo, Sola, Tu, Six, Zeb, Java, Phoenix, Dos, Eun, Alphonse, Adelaide, Godiva, Prima, DOlci, Peepers, PLucky, Oreo, Domino, Seven, Zoe, Sydney, Zip, Zorro, Ted, Hoover, TD1 and td2