PDA

View Full Version : Just caught Luna in the act!!

Kirsten
11-12-2005, 04:35 PM
Remember when I told you that Luna had peed on my new rug (http://67.15.70.205/talk/showthread.php?t=92485) ?

Well, she just wanted to do it again! Luckily I noticed what she was doing, she has just sat down to pee when I looked, and immediately I let her know it was a no-no. She got up and actually walked into her box - and peed!

Of course I commended her and told her what a good girl she was, and she got a treat... At least now she knows that I don't like my rug to be peed on, and that she's supposed to use her box instead. Hope this will help her...

Kirsten

Soapets
11-12-2005, 04:51 PM
That's interesting that she knew what you were telling her, and that she cooperated. I hope it puts a stop to the problem..........

Deb

Kirsten
11-12-2005, 05:00 PM
I hope it puts a stop to the problem..........

I hope so, too... It's too bad that most of the time, I do not see her soiling the rugs. I'm sure that if I could tell her more often what she's supposed to do in these moments, she will learn it eventually. But at least she already seems to know that I prefer her using the litter box, and I think that's a good thing.

Kirsten

Laura's Babies
11-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Just try to keep a sharp eye out and keep doing that and she will eventually connect the "dots" in her mind.. GOOD LUCK!

An encourageing note.. I find cats a lot smarter than people realize and I am betting that she will catch on fast if you can catch her in the act several times, close together and scold her and reward her with treats. Within 12 hours Midnight realized that she had a new name (Samantha) and with in 3 days, she realized that being aggresive got her in a room alone and stopped acting like that.

tricollie4me
11-12-2005, 06:15 PM
I too hope that her habits improve and that your pretty rug can be kitty-pee free!

I know that when my hubby was near Levi and he was using the litterbox, he was ready to leave it when he locked eyes with my hubby...Levi then paused, returned to the scene of the crime, and did his little "swipey-swipey" duty with the litter near his little spot. It was funny how proud my hubby was, almost like when we've potty-trained our kids! In any case, best wishes with Luna!

catmandu
11-12-2005, 06:33 PM
Mach Shnell Luna .
Der Litter Box.
Der Rug ess Verboten.
Achtung!!
The Found Cats are trying to tell Luna ,to use her box,but thier German is from Hogans Heroes.
I hear that that show is now running in Germany and is popular.

momcat
11-12-2005, 08:15 PM
How interesting that when you scolded her, Luna went to the litterbox. Sounds like she knows the right thing to do but needs a reminder. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of the problem. By the way, how's Peggy?

rg_girlca
11-12-2005, 08:17 PM
I hope that you are able to catch her everytime Kirsten and that Luna will learn that she is not allowed to pee on the rug and stick to going in her litter box.

barncat
11-12-2005, 10:10 PM
You might try (as a temporary measure) putting a vinyl runner guard or a thick plastic drop cloth over the new rug. Cats usuall hate getting wet feet from their pee and if she goes when you aren't looking she won't like what happens and at least the rug will be protected....

Hopefully she will stop now she knows she isn't supposed to go there. (If the rug contains wool or flax that has been naturally dyed, it is possible she is smelling the urea that is used in some dying processes and is reacting to that.)

louhirata
11-13-2005, 01:26 PM
Maybe you could wet a piece of toilet paper with her pee and put it on the litter box. She will smell the pee on the litter box and pee on it.

It worked out perfect with my cats: they always peed on the litter box.

However, when they want to communicate something, usually not good, they would pee out of the litter box. Once one peed on top of my dining table!

Maybe she is trying to tell you something!

Ah, I always caressed them and said how nice they were peeing on the box. Until, finally it was a good habit. My little big rugs were safe!

Barbara
11-13-2005, 01:45 PM
Mach Shnell Luna .
Der Litter Box.
Der Rug ess Verboten.
Achtung!!
The Found Cats are trying to tell Luna ,to use her box,but thier German is from Hogans Heroes.
I hear that that show is now running in Germany and is popular.

ROFL :D :D :D I never heard about that show (but I am way too much online to watch much TV ;)) but Luna should be able to understand this message from her friends :D