PDA

View Full Version : **Surprise, Surprise!!** Big Announcement

popcornbird
11-12-2005, 02:19 AM
Hello PT friends,

I guess it is time to tell you all my big news. I've been keeping quiet about this for several months now on PT...but I can't take it anymore, and MUST tell tonight, before I go to bed. :D Some of you may have noticed I haven't been posting on PT regularly lately. There 'is' reason for this, as I've been busy/occupied with something else ;)...and just haven't been getting the time to log onto PT.

Okay...SO...without further delay, I shall announce my big news to all of you.

Ready?

>

>

>

>

>

Are you SURE you want to know?

>

>

>

>

>

POSITIVE???

>

>

>

>

>

Okay...okay...no more teasing. I'll tell. :D

I am getting.........

MARRIED!!!
:D:D:D:D:cool:

Seriously!!

DETAILS in the morning. I am tired right now, BUT had to tell before bed. I am absolutely THRILLED, sooooooo excited, and happy about this. This has been going on for several months, and only a FEW of you who are very close to me have known from the beginning. I know it will be a big surprise for the rest of you. ;) Have patience...you'll know more tomorrow (hoping I get time for PT). I was waiting to be SURE about things before telling you all.

Nighty night. :D

krazyaboutkatz
11-12-2005, 02:23 AM
Wow!!!! This is very exciting and surprising news!!! :eek:

CONGRATS POPCORNBIRD!!! I can't wait to hear more about this. :)

carole
11-12-2005, 02:44 AM
WOW PCB that is wonderful news and yes a huge suprise , I did not even know you were in a serious relationship, now the cat is out of the bag (excuse the pun) you will have to tell us all, cannot wait for our next instalments, and BTW CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH. ;)

AmberLee
11-12-2005, 03:04 AM
Congratulations! I'm thrilled for you both.

Yes, we want details!!!

Good luck!

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-12-2005, 03:20 AM
Congrats POPS!!! ((((HUGS))))

I am so happy for you!! It's so great to be able to share these things on PT, with friends all over the world! :D

ChrisH
11-12-2005, 04:30 AM
Oh, Pops, I am so happy for you I could cry! :D Many Congratulations sweet girl!! :D :D

chocolatepuppy
11-12-2005, 05:27 AM
Congratulations! :D Looking forward to more details!

jackie
11-12-2005, 05:41 AM
Congrats! When is the big day?

Rachel
11-12-2005, 06:36 AM
Oh, Popcornbird, that is BIGnews. To find the love of your life is just the best thing that can happen to a girl and I am so happy that it has happened to you. Thank you for sharing your joy with us. We here at PT have gotten to know you as sweet, smart, caring and introspective and in turn care about you very much. Your intended is a very fortunate individual. If at any point he doesn't realize just how fortunate he is, send him over here and we will enlighten him.

moosmom
11-12-2005, 06:46 AM
:eek: CONGRATUATIONS PCB!!! Details, girl. We want DETAILS!!!!

Anita Cholaine
11-12-2005, 07:07 AM
WOW :eek: GREAT NEWS!!!!:D:D:D CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! Please, give us more details.....

Toby's my baby
11-12-2005, 07:19 AM
Congrats!! That is great news, that was the last thing I expected!! CONGRATS, cant wait to "hear" more details!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-12-2005, 07:36 AM
WOW !!!!! Now THAT is BIG news!!
CONGRATS to you dear Pops!!!!
Now, I cannot wait to hear more!!!!

BitsyNaceyDog
11-12-2005, 07:46 AM
Wow! Congratulations!!! I can't wait to hear all the details.

k9krazee
11-12-2005, 08:09 AM
:eek: :D Congratulations!!!!!!! It must be soooo exciting, I can't wait to hear more!!!

Ginger's Mom
11-12-2005, 08:30 AM
:eek: Color me surprised! How wonderful for you. :D A Great Big Congratualtions to you and the lucky guy! :D

slick
11-12-2005, 08:35 AM
Have patience...you'll know more tomorrow (hoping I get time for PT)
OK, you can't just drop something like is on us and run away. What do you mean you might not have time for PT? That's just not fair as all. We want details, now!!! :p
PCB, this is just the best news ever and I'm so happy for you. Does this mean that you will share wedding photos and we get finally get to see your beautiful face? Will Popcorn and Muffin be in the wedding party?? :cool:

It's 6:30am...wake up and tell us more!

xoxo

trayi52
11-12-2005, 08:42 AM
Poppy, that is just the most wonderful news ever!! I want to congratulate you and the other half of this union! I only wish the best and I know that you will be very happy together! Now, on with the details of this wonderful surprise!

Willie :)

buttercup132
11-12-2005, 08:44 AM
congrads!!!

Randi
11-12-2005, 08:46 AM
Congratulations Pops! I'm thrilled for you - that's wonderful news!! :D

Don't keep us in suspense too long, we want details!! ;)

Karen
11-12-2005, 08:48 AM
Best wishes on your engagement. We'll try to be patient waiting for details! ;)

anna_66
11-12-2005, 08:52 AM
I knew that there must have been a reason for your lack of posting (and yes, I noticed;)).
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm very excited for you:D

sirrahbed
11-12-2005, 08:58 AM
:D :D

I have noticed that you were missing and wondered what you might be doing...and your happy news does not surprise me as I had wondered if your absense might be for this very reason :D

I also will check back for the details and until then I have a big happy face for you :D :D

I do feel like I know you from your sweet and thoughtful posts over the past years. You remain anonymous but share enough that we know you :) Isn't the internet an interesting medium??

Poppy is getting married!!!!!! Congratulations :D :D

JenBKR
11-12-2005, 09:02 AM
Congratulations and best wishes!

*LabLoverKEB*
11-12-2005, 09:15 AM
OMGosh!!! I am SOOOO happy for you! This is just WOBNDERFUL NEWS!! CONGRATULATIIONS!! :D ;) ;) ;)

Almita
11-12-2005, 10:19 AM
wow!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! When is the big day?!

gini
11-12-2005, 10:23 AM
What happy news to greet us this morning! Congratulations and all of us are so happy for you!

This calls for a Pet Talk Wedding Shower!!

K9soul
11-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Pops,

Just had to check in quick and see if you made the big announcement! You know how happy I am for you. You're so in love and he seems like such a perfect match for you! A big congratulations to you and your husband-to-be!!

Love, Jess

shais_mom
11-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Congrats Pops!

popcornbird
11-12-2005, 11:26 AM
Okay. Details, details...where do I start? It is hard to think of how to explain things on a public message board. I guess I should start by telling you a bit about my fiancee (feels weird saying that...he he he).

He's 23 years old (I am 20), very sweet, funny, caring guy. I met him through family contacts, and pretty much got to know him online before he came to visit. He's currently studying in Massachusetts, and will be graduating from his Masters next semester. The wedding won't be until he is done with his education, and working, so at the EARLIEST, summer 2006. We haven't decided the month/date yet...it depends on things, but that is the plan so far. He intends to look for a job here in California after he completes his education. We're HOPING he will get a job here. That way, I won't have to leave my beloved home state. ;) In case he gets a job somewhere else, I would have to end up moving, but California is our first choice, so we're hoping that will work out. What else? Ohhhhhh....something that will make you all happy. He LOVES animals, loves the tiels, AND...he grew up with cats and ADORES them. Needless to say, I see kitties in my future, and will probably have to run to PT for advice. :D He and I talk about cats on the phone for hours straight, while my mom shakes her head and laughs at us. :D The tiels, of course, will be coming with me wherever I go. Thank God he loves them. :D I don't think we can have cats until we have a large enough place to keep the birds/cats seperate from each other, but I'm excited about him loving cats. He grew up with several, and told me his life isn't complete without them.

Are these details enough? :D

momoffuzzyfaces
11-12-2005, 11:33 AM
He LOVES animals, loves the tiels, AND...he grew up with cats and ADORES them. Needless to say, I see kitties in my future, and will probably have to run to PT for advice. :D He and I talk about cats on the phone for hours straight, while my mom shakes her head and laughs at us. :D The tiels, of course, will be coming with me wherever I go. Thank God he loves them. :D

Are these details enough? :D
As long as he makes you happy AND passed the pet test, I just say:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D :D :D

YOU DESERVE NOTHING BUT THE BEST AND TONS OF HAPPINESS!!!

UM, WILL HE COME ON PT AND LET US MEET HIM???? ;) :D

Almita
11-12-2005, 11:35 AM
Awww i can't wait till ur a wife!!!!!!! Congratulations that is good that he likes ur tiels and love animals!!

JenBKR
11-12-2005, 11:38 AM
Yay, another animal lover :D

So, how did he propose? ;)

wolfie
11-12-2005, 11:56 AM
Congratulations Poppy! I'm so happy for you! ^_^

Vermontcat
11-12-2005, 02:32 PM
How exciting!!! :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :D
How sweet that he's a cat lover.
You can always ask Logan for advice about tiels and cats sharing a house. :)

finn's mom
11-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Congratulations, that is wonderful news! :) He sounds really good for you. :)

LoudLou
11-12-2005, 03:12 PM
Congratulations Pops! Glad he passed the Pet Test too! Maybe a new member of Pet Talk? ;)

dogzr#1
11-12-2005, 03:31 PM
CONGRATS:) I am very happy that you found someone who loves animals. Hope you have a wonderful day:) Can't wait for more details:) GOOD LUCK!

prechrswife
11-12-2005, 03:41 PM
Congratulations!!!!! :D

catnapper
11-12-2005, 04:13 PM
Congrats! How wonderful and exciting... I can tell you're just glowing! :)

I like him already.... how can a cat lover be anything but the best, most honorable type of man? ;)

Hugs to you across the miles. this is a very exciting time of life for the both of you.

RobiLee
11-12-2005, 04:18 PM
Wow! That is a huge surprise. I had noticed that you hadn't been around but I thought maybe you were busy with school. I think its a wonderful surprise, Poppy! You sound very excited and happy. I wish you and your fiance a happy engagement and a wonderful future together. CONGRATS!

CagneyDog
11-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Congratulations :)

lizbud
11-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Congratulations to you both. :) This is such an exciting time for you. :)

Are you going to continue your education after you're married? I do hope
you get to live in California, since you like it so much.

tatsxxx11
11-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Congratulations, PCB!:D What joyful, blessed news:) You certianly sound like you're on cloud 9! I'm so happy for you!
Love, Sandra

Flatcoatluver
11-12-2005, 07:27 PM
omg a big congrats to you!!! Maybe we might have another pet talker in the future????

jenluckenbach
11-12-2005, 07:34 PM
What lovely news. I wish you much happiness.

Samantha Puppy
11-12-2005, 07:40 PM
Congrats! How exciting. :) I'm very happy for you!

Does he have a name?

Edwina's Secretary
11-12-2005, 08:11 PM
How wonderful! Very best wishes to you both. You told me your brother was thinking about getting married. You too? Are you going to have a double ceremony???? ;) ;) :D ;)

Lillycat
11-13-2005, 08:26 PM
i am so happy for you!!!

BitsyNaceyDog
11-14-2005, 08:57 AM
Does he have a name?

How about "the Muffin man"? or "Muffy"
Then we'll have Popcorn & Muffin the birds AND Popcorn & Muffin the people. ;)

Killearn Kitties
11-14-2005, 09:18 AM
Congratulations! I wish you both every happiness. :)

Daisy and Delilah
11-14-2005, 09:26 AM
CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU!! I hope you have a life of great happiness!! :D

Felix
11-14-2005, 09:57 AM
Wow such great news!! Congrats!! :D

caseysmom
11-14-2005, 10:00 AM
Congratulations! I am so happy for you and a man that likes cats...thats all we need to know...he must be nice :D

wolflady
11-14-2005, 12:51 PM
OMG! This is definitely surprising news! People are getting hitched so young these days! :p *chuckles*
What an exciting time for you. Sounds like you found a gem...a man who admits to liking cats and birds...you can't go wrong! ;)

Yes, it's about time we see the happy couple! :p

**hugs**
Karen

Corinna
11-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Congrats Poppy so glad to see a good reason to leave us so much. Glad to hear your being sensible and waiting until he is through with his education so he can provide for you better. Big HUg to you.

Barbara
11-14-2005, 03:08 PM
Congratulations Popcornbird :) A pity you won't send us wedding pictures as I am sure this will be one of the most colourful weddings ever :)

He sounds really nice- maybe you should look for a rather floorbound kitty like Persians ;) not for a flying kitty like an Aby ;)

Chica
11-14-2005, 06:54 PM
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!!!!!!! ;)

GREAT NEWS!!!! :D

popcornbird
11-15-2005, 01:36 AM
Thank you so much everyone! I am beyond happy, as you can probably all tell. :D

Just thought I would tell you all a bit more about my marriage situation. As I am a Muslim, for religious reasons, we do not 'date', or get involved with any non-relative of the opposite gender outside the frame of marriage. My process of marriage, the proposal, etc...some of the things you all may have wondered about would thus be somewhat different to the way most Westerners do things. When we meet/get to know someone for the purpose of marriage, it is always in front of a third person. That does not mean the third person is listening to what we're saying...more of, we talk but someone is around...in the room/area. We cannot be ALONE together before we are 'married'. For this reason, normally, most Muslims 'marry' legally almost immediately after getting to know the person, and feeling content about things, but many don't start life together until they are ready for the responsibility that comes with it. Once we are married legally, we 'can' spend time together, but we won't start life together. It is KIND OF like dating a spouse, as some people call it. He he he.

Now...as I said earlier, we're having our 'wedding' in summer 2006 (hopefully), BUT...my fiancee is coming here from Massachusetts this Friday. We are going to have a little marriage ceremony at the mosque with just a few of our closest friends this Sunday, and will also get married legally at the court. We will NOT be starting life together until he finishes his education...he will return to Massachusetts after staying 8 days with us, and we'll have our wedding party later on...before we start life together. This means, we will legally be married this Sunday :eek::D, but will not be together until later on, and will thus have the wedding party before we start life together. Does that make sense? I am still living at home with my parents until the wedding in the summer, and he will still be studying in MA, so our lives won't be changing till then. I do intend to continue my education after marriage. My fiancee is actually encouraging me to do so...which is a good thing. I am currently studying online (doing Graphic Design), so even IF I have to move out of the state, continuing my education won't be an issue.

I wasn't going to tell PT about us legally getting married this soon as I didn't want to confuse you, but because Sunday is going to be SUCH a special day in my life, I thought I would explain a bit of the situation. It is just the way we do things...legally marry ahead of time so that we can grow closer and more comfortable with each other before the 'real thing' (as in having to live together/start life together)...which would not be allowed for us before 'marriage'. That just makes things easier for us. My parents actually got married legally two years before they had the 'wedding,' and started life together. Some people start life together immediately after the civil marriage, but in my case, because he's still studying, it would be best for both of us if we wait. We feel we should both be ready for responsibility (job/possibility of kids/etc.) before we start life together, so we need some time for that. Hope this all makes some sense and gives you a bit of a 'clearer' idea of how things are going to work for us. Basically...legally married Sunday, but living away from each other until the wedding in 7-9 months or so. Its good for us...we get two parties. ;) A small one now, and the big one later. He he he. I can hardly believe I am getting married...I never thought things would happen this fast, but it seems God had His plans. He did answer my prayers for a companion in life pretty fast. :D I guess that is enough of an explanation for PT. If any of you have any questions regarding this, feel free to ask me in a PM. I know it is very different for all of you.

How wonderful! Very best wishes to you both. You told me your brother was thinking about getting married. You too? Are you going to have a double ceremony???? :D ;)

Funny you mentioned this. My dad said the exact same thing!!! It really depends on how things work out with my brother, but in case he's ready by then, we could possibly have a 'double wedding'. That would be kinda cool...I think. We'll see. Thanks again everyone for your well wishes and kind posts. Ahhh...I am SOOO excited...:D

finn's mom
11-15-2005, 01:40 AM
Wow, that is different! But, interesting! Thank you very much for the detailed description...I'm so happy for you, and, I hope all works out well for the both of you and your families...

Barbara
11-15-2005, 02:51 AM
Can you imagine that in my parents' generation it was similar: my parents could not rent an apartment together before they were married but they felt they could not start a marriage before having a common place. So they married in 1952 legally and still lived with their parents, looked for their own apartment and then married in church :)

ChrisH
11-15-2005, 03:25 AM
Pops, that is very different and very interesting way of marrying, and in my opinion a fine one. :) May much love and happiness be with you both on Sunday as you take those first steps on the path of life together.

{{hugs}}

Chris

RobiLee
11-15-2005, 07:05 AM
I will be thinking about you Sunday and wishing you all the happiness in the world :)

trayi52
11-15-2005, 07:18 AM
Poppy, I think that is a wonderful way to start a marriage! I am really very happy for you. He sounds like a wonderful man, and you were both very lucky to find each other. I wish you the very best in your life and the future of your marriage.

Willie :)

Karen
11-15-2005, 07:58 AM
He's in Massachusetts? Where's he studying? Bet it's close by us! (We are in Education Central here!) How exciting that he loves your tiels, and is an animal person, too! Sounds good to us, and you sound excited and in love!

Okay, if, in the intervening time between the marriage and the wedding, (or any other time) you end up visiting him in Massachusetts, and have a moment to spare, we'd love to meet you - one or both!

Logan
11-15-2005, 11:48 AM
I am HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY for you!!!!! :) :) :)

Can't wait to catch up on the details soon!!!! :D

wolflady
11-15-2005, 03:12 PM
Wow, that is so interesting! I can't believe that you're actually going to be legally married so soon, but still be apart and getting to know each other! :eek: LOL I really think it's a great way to start a relationship/marriage, though. It's no wonder that muslim marriages like yours must last a lifetime. Too bad more americans aren't that way. LOL :o

So, when will we finally be able to see a picture of the happy couple?! :p

**hugs**

Uabassoon
11-15-2005, 03:15 PM
Congrats! I guess after Sunday we'll have to start calling you Mrs. Pops :D When you have the big ceremony I hope we get to see some pictures. You have to at least show a few pictures of the decorations and such, I know you don't post pictures of yourself but I'm sure we'd even settle for a picture of you and your hubby with some blurred out faces! I bet the wedding is going to be beautiful.

ramanth
11-15-2005, 03:26 PM
Congrats!

Van10
11-15-2005, 05:57 PM
CONGRATULATIONS GIRL!

Wishing you lots of happiness! May God bless your union. :)

kimlovescats
11-15-2005, 08:23 PM
Congratulations and may God bless you both and your marriage for many years to come!

Kim :)

petslover
11-15-2005, 08:35 PM
Congrats to you both.

jenfer
11-15-2005, 09:03 PM
What a nice surprise! Congrats!!!

Kater
11-15-2005, 09:04 PM
I'm sooo sooo happy for you, Poppy! :D http://www.smileys.ws/smls/grinning/00000009.gif Your fiance is a very lucky guy. :)
I will be thinking of you Sunday! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-16-2005, 11:25 AM
Wow!!! Another shocker since I've been away from PT! :eek: ;) :D

Congratulations, Pops! I'm so excited for you!

Thanks for explaining how all the details. I was wondering how it all worked with Muslims since I had heard that most Muslim marriages are "arranged" and a lot of times the husband and wife don't even know each other before they meet during the ceremony. However, those are probably starting to be dated customs (meaning they're not followed much anymore) so it was interesting to read how things work now with the legal ceremony and then the actual wedding where you start your life together. Learning about others' customs is always interesting to me.

And he's a cat lover to boot! Way to go Pops! :D Can't wait to hear more details about the wedding, and of course pictures would be way too awesome, but I won't hold my breath.... ;)

popcornbird
11-16-2005, 01:52 PM
Thanks for explaining how all the details. I was wondering how it all worked with Muslims since I had heard that most Muslim marriages are "arranged" and a lot of times the husband and wife don't even know each other before they meet during the ceremony.

That is actually a big misconception people have, as it isn't true at all. ;) Its actually against the laws of Islam for a man and woman to be forced into marriage, or not be allowed to see/get to know each other before marriage. If a girl is forced to marry someone she doesn't wish to marry, the marriage contract is considered invalid. Both the guy and the girl have to want it. There are people who arrange marriages and force it on their kids, but that's not from Islam...its more a cultural thing, and done by people who are ignorant about their faith's teachings. It works more like...the parents help their kids find someone, or someone in the family/circle of friends refers someone to someone else. Then, the girl/guy get to know each other in an appropriate setting (in front of a third person...not alone), and if both wish to get married, they get married. If not, either man or woman is free to reject the 'marriage candidate'. I don't know why people think Muslims have their daughters marry anyone THEY want, without her consent, because that isn't true. That is a cultural thing that is done by SOME people in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, etc. despite their religion. It truly depends on the family, but when going by religious rules, the guy and girl have to get to know each other/make the decision for themselves, though the family helps/supports/plays a role in having a part in their kids' marriages. We have parental guidance, love, and support throughout the process. I personally 'like' having their guidance/advice in this, as they have more of a life experience than me, and thus, have more wisdom on what is better for me. He and I totally got to know each other well enough/made the decision without pressure from anyone else. ;) I can't imagine marrying someone I didn't know or have feelings for...:eek: That's freaky. LOL! It doesn't work that way, unless the marriage is being done by people with WEIRD cultural traditions that are not derived from religion. There's no room for forced marriages in Islam. Its not allowed.

BTW...the marrying legally before living together is not a necessity. We'd be 'married' once we have the contract and can be together. Its just that some people feel more comfortable doing it this way, and in our case, its best that he finishes studying/has a job before we're together and ready to handle all the responsibilities that come with married life. It works both ways.

MariaM
11-16-2005, 11:23 PM
Oh. My. Gosh. This is such a HUGE shocker! I am so blown away by this! Words can't describe how SHOCKED I am. My gosh, I am SO happy for you! Congratulations!

krazyaboutkatz
11-16-2005, 11:37 PM
Popcornbird, I'm glad that you explained this more thoroughly because I also thought that most marriages were arranged. I think that the way you're doing it is a wonderful way to meet the right person and you also have your family helping you at the same time. :) I hope that you have a wonderful wedding this Sunday and that you and your fiance will have a great life together. :) Congrats!!! :D

Cataholic
11-17-2005, 08:41 AM
This is exciting news. Very exciting! To think, in less than 5 days you will be a married woman- :eek:

It is kind of funny to me that anyone would ever believe Pops could be forced to marry, or even have a marriage 'arranged'. Knowing her how I do for these last 3 years- No one could make this Pops do anything! I know, I have tried...he he he.

Congrats, and blessings for eternity.

popcornbird
11-17-2005, 09:00 AM
It is kind of funny to me that anyone would ever believe Pops could be forced to marry, or even have a marriage 'arranged'. Knowing her how I do for these last 3 years- No one could make this Pops do anything! I know, I have tried...he he he.

:D :D He he he. That is true. I think everyone on PT should be aware of that. They have yet to get my name out of me. :D :D He he he

Rachel
11-17-2005, 09:06 AM
Thank you for your wonderful explanation of your customs. It does make much sense and I can see how it would be very helpful to meet the right person. Most of all thank you for letting us know how happy and excited you are. That is the best. You've got good instincts and I'm willing to bet that this will be a happy marriage for the both of you. I am so thrilled for our Popcornbird.

popcornbird
11-19-2005, 08:45 AM
:D Tomorrow is going to be the day of the ceremony. Wow...I can hardly believe it. My fiancee arrived just yesterday, and we got our marriage license...so, done with part 1 of this process. I'm so happy I can hardly stand it. I didn't even know it was possible to be this happy! :D He he he. I guess I'll be absent from PT for awhile now...because after we have the marriage contract, I would want to spend time with him for while he is here. No running away to the computer. :D We'll probably be out all day.

BTW...the tiels like him. That's a GOOD sign, isn't it? ;)

finn's mom
11-19-2005, 08:50 AM

I think it's a great sign. But, a truly good relationship and something that's meant to be, you don't need signs to know it. And, you'll be missed in here, but, it will only make the times that you are here even better. I'm excited for you! :)

Vela
11-19-2005, 09:47 AM
Congratulations and wishing you a wonderful day tomorrow. I hope everything goes just the way you are hoping for. It's nice to be so happy!

Karen
11-19-2005, 09:53 AM
:D Tomorrow is going to be the day of the ceremony. Wow...I can hardly believe it. My fiancee arrived just yesterday, and we got our marriage license...so, done with part 1 of this process. I'm so happy I can hardly stand it. I didn't even know it was possible to be this happy! :D He he he. I guess I'll be absent from PT for awhile now...because after we have the marriage contract, I would want to spend time with him for while he is here. No running away to the computer. :D We'll probably be out all day.

Absolutely! If Popcorn and Muffin approve, well, there's gotta be something special about him!

Have a great day and we can wait to hear from you until he's gone back East!

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-19-2005, 10:06 AM
[QUOTE=popcornbirdI'll be absent from PT for awhile now[/QUOTE]

Okay dear Poppy, but just because it is you, and because you are getting married :) .
ps. Come back asap, I miss you already :D

HAVE A HAPPY DAY TOMORROW!!!!!!!http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20996%20zonnetje.gif

slick
11-19-2005, 10:47 AM
Poppy....sending you wonderful wishes for a very happy and most of all, healthy married life ahead. Congratulations! :)

bluekat
11-19-2005, 04:44 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D
wow I'm really happy for you! & your fiancee sounds like a wonderful guy :) :D

Cookiebaker
11-20-2005, 07:19 AM
Popcornbird, I am thinking about you on this very special day; and wish for you lots of blessing, good times and a long happy marriage. :)

K9soul
11-20-2005, 08:50 AM
Lots of love going out to you Pops! I'm thinking of you today :). May God bless you both and your union {{{hugs}}}}.

Love, Jess

slick
11-20-2005, 05:13 PM
Oh Pops....are you married yet? As someone else said....do we call you Mrs. Pops now?? ;)

Thinking of you sweetie on this very special day.

poofy
11-20-2005, 05:34 PM
That is wonderful news,Congrats to you both .That is a real big surprise to tell. :D

luvofallhorses
11-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Sorry I am so late in congratulating you...better later than never, right? ;)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I am SOOOO happy for you!!! :D

Love,

Krista & the fuzz butts :)

wolf_Q
11-22-2005, 03:04 PM
A belated congratulations to you. I hope you have a wonderful life together!! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-22-2005, 05:24 PM
Anybody heard from the new bride? :)

CathyBogart
11-22-2005, 05:50 PM
I'm coming late to this thread...but congratulations! I hope things went wonderfully and get better every day! :)

popcornbird
11-26-2005, 01:27 PM
Anybody heard from the new bride? :)

Here I am. ;)

What a wonderful week this has been. Truly wonderful. The ceremony was lovely, and the days after it, even more lovely. He just left this morning, after many hugs and tears. I never knew it was possible to love a person this much. It is just...such an amazing feeling. He plans on coming back to visit in a month or two. We'll see. For now, I miss him so much. We had such a wonderful week together, and I can't thank God enough for giving me such a wonderful guy to share my life with.

Just thought I'd update you all. I'm off to bed...got no sleep last night at all. The whole family was awake all night, just yakking as he packed. I can't wait till the wedding, and to start life with him. Its the one thing I am SO looking forward to now. I have never been so happy in my life. :D The tiels are happy with him too. :p The feeling of having someone to love, share life with...someone you can call your OWN is just amazing. I am loving this feeling. Can't wait till the wedding in summer 2006.

sandragonfly
11-26-2005, 01:34 PM
aw poppy!! (((hugs)))

first, POPGRATULATIONS!!! http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/pinkgrin.gif http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/pinkgrin.gif

your life sounds so great, so will be popcorn & muffin's too! sounds like mr. perfect too, so happy for you. :) :) :)

best wishes!
..gina & the whole trumpeting ark .. :D

Barbara
11-26-2005, 02:11 PM
Popcornbird- that sounds wonderful. I am happy for you that you are in love :)

Enjoy it because love changes. It will always be love but it will be different later. So you reallly have to enjoy your love now- and look forward to the way it changes :)

krazyaboutkatz
11-26-2005, 04:41 PM
Popcornbird, I'm glad to hear that the wedding went well and that you're so happy and so much in love. May you both have a wonderful life together. :)

Cincy'sMom
11-26-2005, 05:45 PM
Congratulations!!!

finn's mom
11-26-2005, 05:58 PM
I am loving this feeling. Can't wait till the wedding in summer 2006.

:) Yay! I love hearing this! Hey, I have a question, and, I apologize if you've answered it somewhere already. Were you allowed to be alone with him once you were married in the ceremony or do you still have the third person with you? I couldn't remember if you said that only changed once you were starting your life together, or once you actually got legally married? This is all very interesting to me, and, I thank you for being so open about the process! Congratulations, this is so cool for you. :)

caseysmom
11-26-2005, 06:47 PM
PCB, Congratulations! I wish you many many years of health and happiness in your marriage.

NoahsMommy
11-26-2005, 08:47 PM
Sweet Poppy, I'm SOOOOO excited for you. You seem genuinely happy and I'm so glad your life is working out the way you wanted it to go.

You both sound like wonderful people and like you deserve each other. I'm sooo thrilled and happy for you, honey. :)

I apoligize for not being around to read this or congratulate you sooner. You've been in my thoughts though.

Hopefully we can chat soon.

Lots of love,
Kelly ;)

xoxoxxo

popcornbird
11-26-2005, 09:25 PM
:) Yay! I love hearing this! Hey, I have a question, and, I apologize if you've answered it somewhere already. Were you allowed to be alone with him once you were married in the ceremony or do you still have the third person with you? I couldn't remember if you said that only changed once you were starting your life together, or once you actually got legally married? This is all very interesting to me, and, I thank you for being so open about the process! Congratulations, this is so cool for you. :)

He he. We can be alone together now that we're married. ;) We won't be starting life together until he's done with his education and we're both ready to take on the responsibility that comes with marriage, but legally, we are now married, and can be alone with each other. It was fun while he was here. He and I would go to the park together...sometimes the mall, and just spend time with each other. It was SO nice, and now that he left, I'm pretty sad. :( Can't wait till he comes and visits again. My brother's going to Massachusetts to visit him in December. I 'want' to go with him, but he has roommates, and it wouldn't be appropriate for me to go and stay with him when there are other guys there...so...I have to stay home. Wah. He'll be visiting in January though.

Thanks so much everyone. :D

slick
11-26-2005, 09:50 PM
Pops....I can't tell you how it warms my heart to hear your story of the marriage. You are such a special person and deserve all the happiness that life can offer. So, now I have some questions because obviously I know nothing of your culture except what we've been priviledged to hear from you. And since there will be another wedding ceremony next year......

What did you wear and what colour? Since we won't see pictures would love to know. I can only imagine how beautiful you are!
Was there a wedding party with bridesmaids and all the glimmer or will that wait until summer 2006?
Did you exchange engagement and wedding rings?
So you are legally married but not living together. Does that mean that he can claim you as a dependant?
Does your culture see you as legally married or will that wait until the second ceremony?

I too say I'm sorry if you've answered these before. I've been working long hours and have trouble keeping up with all that's happening here.

{{{hugs}}}

popcornbird
11-29-2005, 09:10 PM
Slick, in answer to your questions...

I wore a maroon-ish dress with golden embroidery/designs on it. Not a traditional wedding dress...that will wait until the wedding party in the summer. I don't think we really have bridemaids, culturally. Not in the sense of a typical Western marriage anyway.

We did exchange rings. :D He can legally claim me as a dependant, as I am now legally his wife, and that is recognized by the government. I think all one needs is a marriage certificate for that. ;) Our culture/religion sees us as married. The ceremony we had at the mosque is the main thing, and what makes us 'legally' husband and wife. The city recognizes religious marriages like that. We had to have the ceremony before we could have the legal documents from the city. We can be together now if we want to be, but with our current circumstances, it is best that we wait to start life together until he is done with school/has a job. We just had a small ceremony with our closest friends, but the big wedding will be the party we have before we start life together. It is kind of difficult to be so far from him right now. We're on the phone 24/7...something you can all probably tell, because I'm not getting any time for PT. :o Hope this answers your questions. ;)

Miss Meow
11-30-2005, 02:49 AM
Pops (Mrs Pops??? :D) - congratulations!!! :D :) :D

This is such exciting news! It's just wonderful finding 'the one'. I hope the next few months fly by so you can be together {{{hugs}}}.

finn's mom
11-30-2005, 03:35 AM
Thanks so much everyone. :D

No, thank you! This thread is really interesting. :) I'm just now getting back to it, though, so, I just saw your answers. Very cool.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-30-2005, 08:00 AM
Hey Pops, I haven't looked at this thread for a while, so I am sorry I missed "the big day" :o
You sound oh so very happy!!!

Congrats to both of you!!