PDA

View Full Version : The Little Patient

catnapper
11-11-2005, 08:49 PM
Pouncer went back for a recheck of his paw today. They took off the green cast and replaced it. I am sure some of you heard his scream as they took off the old cast.... poor boy screamed his head off. It spooked me because I was at the other end of the vet clinic and heard it as if he was in the room. When the vet returned 5 minutes later, I asked if it was Pouncer, and she said "Yes, he wasn't too pleased with us tearing the bandage off. We're letting him calm down a bit before we re-warp it" :p

Good news is his paw is healing purrfectly.

Bad news is Allen's got a baaaadddd case of campylobacter. Since he didn't tolerate the last antibiotic, he's on Baytril. She said 9 times out of 10 it solves the problem. I have the feeling with my luck lately that Allen will be #10 that isn't cured from it. :rolleyes:

Bad news is the bill was $170. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bad bad news is my daughter has yet another bladder infection - this one came on faster than all the others, and the doctor is out of town til monday.... so she and Pouncer were looking mighty pitiful on the couch tonight. Misery loves company, or so they say
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/bluecastboy.jpg

catmandu
11-11-2005, 09:28 PM
That is a touching picture of your two Patients.
Pouncer and Scrappy Angels are there for moral support.
And we pray that they both will be well,very very soon,The Good Lord willing.

Soapets
11-11-2005, 09:37 PM
AAAAAWWWWWwwwww, that picture is precious. Pouncer must somehow understand that the cast on his foot is helping him now????? If so, I am happy about that.

I hope you can get your daughter started on medicine sooner than Monday---those bladder infections can be absolutely miserable. Can another doctor on-call for your regular doctor call a prescription in to a pharmacy?

I feel bad for you for having so much financial stress right now......

Deb

Laura's Babies
11-11-2005, 09:53 PM
That picture of Pouncer is so DARN CUTE!!! Holding out his sore paw, all wrapped up.. Poor Baby!! When is he going to learn to behave and be CAREFUL!! I remember, very well, the fall where he hurt his paw before!

So, you have 2 to take care of and wait on hand and foot? Bet Pouncer is sooooo demanding...

Hope you daughter gets to feeling better soon! Feed her lots of Cranberry juice if you can't get her in to see anyone or get any meds for her before Monday... (Keep her OFF of sodas!)

krazyaboutkatz
11-12-2005, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the update on Pouncer. I hope that Pouncer and your daughter make speedy recoveries.

Randi
11-12-2005, 08:21 AM
Oh Pouncer, it's over now! I'm glad to see you're looking quite content there on you skinsister - although funny. :D

Hopefully Allen is only # 9. I hope the medicine will work and he'll be fine in a few days time.

Scritchies and headbumpies to them. :)

Hope your daughter's infection will be over soon.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-12-2005, 09:39 AM
Hearing your sweety cry so hard cuts all the way to your heart, right :( . Poor Pouncer... .
I hope your daughter gets well soon. I wouldn't wait till Monday to get her meds, the infection might go up to her kidneys! I know what I am talking about, as I had this several years ago :(

gini
11-12-2005, 10:29 AM
Poor baby Pouncer - what a shame he has to go through this! Hopefully he is all better very soon.

Yes, cranberry juice is one of the best remedies...........and these infections do hurt!! I hope your daughter is much better soon too!

We want you ALL better before the holidays begin!

kuhio98
11-12-2005, 12:20 PM
I hope both of your babies feel better soon! If your daughter is in pain, run to the store and get some Uristat (http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=15942&catid=11647&trx=PLST-0-SRCH&trxp1=11647&trxp2=15942&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SRCH) . It is an over-the-counter pain medication -- It is not an antibiotic. It numbs the bladder so that you don't have that constant urge and pain. The last time I had a bladder infection, I took a box of these to the doctor with me. She looked it over and said that she was going to prescribe the same thing to me (just a stronger dosage) so go ahead and take them. I've kept them on hand ever since. It will not cure the infection you still need the antibiotics but it sure makes things less painful until the infection is cleared up. BTW, it will turn the urine bright orange so don't be shocked.

kimlovescats
11-12-2005, 01:37 PM
What a sweet picture! Poor Pouncer with that little pawsie all propped up .... he needs extra kissies today! ;)

I hope your daughter gets feeling better soon too, those UTI are so painful! :(

Kim

rg_girlca
11-12-2005, 07:27 PM
Poor Pouncer and your poor daughter.

I hope they are both feeling better real soon.

momcat
11-12-2005, 07:45 PM
Pouncer looks so cute in his little blue cast not to mention quite comfortable with your daughter. So sorry to hear that Alan doesn't feel well either :( . Get well scritches to Pouncer and Alan. Feel better fast wishes to your daughter. And REMEMBER TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN SELF!!!!!