PDA

View Full Version : i got my wisdome teeth pulled yesterday*PAIN*

buttercup132
11-11-2005, 03:57 PM
ouwwy im in so much pain my cheeks look like they have baloons in them and my mouth kills, the stiches are so annoying!!!! and i cant eat any good foood :( except popsicles :D has any1 else had theres taken out?

Muddy4paws
11-11-2005, 04:35 PM
unlucky. I was very close to having them out but he gave me some medicine to sort it and it did, even though i thought it wouldnt! Buttt its an excuse to eat loads of icecream :p

jackie
11-11-2005, 04:41 PM
I had mine done and was lucky. I had no swelling or pain, it was like any normal trip to the dentist.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

dogzr#1
11-11-2005, 04:43 PM
I have not had my wisdom teeth pulled, but I did have 7 teeth pulled at one time last year. OUCH I couldn't eat any hard food for about a week. well I hope you feel better soon. I also just recently had 2 more teeth taken out.

Flatcoatluver
11-11-2005, 05:10 PM
i havn't but i did had a very serious sergery in my mouth and i had to keep coton in my mouth for a whole 4 days!!! every time i talked it would bleed again!!! i don't know but they may have pulled my teeth out while i were having the sergery.

Jessika
11-11-2005, 05:18 PM
I haven't had them pulled, and mine are in too, but have NEVER given me an ounce of trouble or pain so I don't think I will have to have anything done. Good thing, too, as I am TERRIFIED of the surgery. :o My dad still has his.. and I know its not genetic or anything but I'd like to think so and I'm not gonna have to have mine taken out!

buttercup132
11-11-2005, 05:40 PM
i dont like ice cream... :( i was afraid too but they gave me the needle in my arm and i was like omg its in i idint even feel it!, i had 7 teeth pulled out all at once b4 too and now this my stupid lil sister keeps sayin hi chipmunk cuz my cheeks are so swollen :rolleyes: hmm i cant wait to get better and eat normal food again!!

Jessika
11-11-2005, 05:44 PM
i dont like ice cream... :( i was afraid too but they gave me the needle in my arm and i was like omg its in i idint even feel it!, i had 7 teeth pulled out all at once b4 too and now this my stupid lil sister keeps sayin hi chipmunk cuz my cheeks are so swollen :rolleyes: hmm i cant wait to get better and eat normal food again!!

In the ARM? In every case where my friends or family have had their wisdom teeth taken out they gave them an injection straight into their GUMS. If its in teh arm, I can take that. But the needle in my gums is what bothers me.

dogzr#1
11-11-2005, 06:51 PM
When I got my 7 teeth pulled they gave me a little shot in the arm, i didn't even feel it. But when they took out my other two teeth, they gave me a shot in my gums. My teeth were HUMONGO (aka giant or humongous)!! I had to constantly change the gauze but I could eat that night, well I ate that night but I don't think i was supposed to. :o Enough on me, I hope you feel better soon:)

LoudLou
11-11-2005, 07:36 PM
...has any1 else had theres taken out?

Yes, 7 years ago I had all 27 teeth that were left taken. I feel your pain. Yes, the stitches are annoying... but don't mess with them. (I know it's hard)

Rinse your mouth with warm salt water several times a day to reduce swelling and relieve pain. This helps more than you know...
Change gauze pads before they become soaked with blood. Using the warm salt water solution will help if they feel like they are sticking to the stitches... mine did.
Relax after surgery. Physical activity may increase bleeding. When they took my Wisdom Teeth I was off work and had to take it easy for about 4 days... several weeks after they took all my teeth.
Eat soft foods, such as gelatin, pudding, or a thin soup. Gradually add solid foods to your diet as healing progresses. I did a lot of instant potatoes, milkshakes (NO STRAW), soups, Cream of Wheat/ Oatmeal... even baby food.
Do not lie flat. This may prolong bleeding. Prop up your head with pillows. I slept in a recliner
Avoid rubbing the area with your tongue. As tempting as it is, the last thing you want is a Dry Socket.... OUCH!
Continue to brush your teeth and tongue carefully.
Drinking lots of water helps to.
I hope some of that helps... I hope thay gave you some pain meds, they really help. Hope your healed in no time.

Katie

Toby's my baby
11-11-2005, 07:37 PM
I hope you feel better soon! You dont like icecream?!?!?! Thats insane ;) I still have my wisdome teeth, but I have had like 10 teeth pulled (not all at once) and I hate getting that done, but I always get a shot in the gums, if I only get one tooth pulled they still give me two shots nad if I get 2 teeth pulled they give me 4, is that normal, or is that just what my dentist does?

carole
11-11-2005, 07:50 PM
I am sorry to hear you are in pain and hope you make a good recovery, just do all the right things and keep your pain meds up, i have a sore gum at the back of my mouth at the moment and I am hoping it is not my wisdom, i am nearly 48 yrs old and I can't remember if I have had them out or not lol, but something is causing me pain, hope it is not them, does not sound like a very nice experience to go through, well wishes are a coming your way, take care.

k9krazee
11-12-2005, 08:19 AM
I hope your feeling better!! I'm supposed to get mine out during Christmas vacation...but we'll see. My brother had his done a few years ago and he was in pain and swollen for, what seemed like, weeks!! He drank a lot of carnation instant breakfasts...and you don't like icecream :eek: ;)