PDA

View Full Version : DEAF rescue - prayers please

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-11-2005, 06:56 AM
Last night we rescued this little one who was living out of dustbins in a neighbouring compound.

She is absolutely gorgeous, with a long fluffy white coat and the most amazing blue eyes I have ever seen. She is an absolute luvbug, and just wants to snuggle all the time. She is also DEAF :(

I am advertising to find a good home for her, but the issues are:

- I cannot keep her for too long - I WILL get attached and realistically her best chance of being seen and adopted is if she is at the shelter, as she is so pretty and loving.

- Inside-only cats are the exception to the rule here - how do I make sure her new owner will keep her safe inside?

- I am not sure what the shelter will do if I take her in, they are high-kill and usually handicapped animals are PTS immediately.

I am hoping to find a home for her through my contacts here. Otherwise I was thinking that I will arrange with the shelter manager to place her there - so she can be seen by potential families, on the understanding that if she is NOT adopted she will come back to me. I will provide material on caring for deaf cats, links to the deaf cats groups I belong to on the internet, and my phone number as a backup if they need any advice.

PLEASE pray that this little one finds the home she deserves - she is such a darling!!!

Randi
11-11-2005, 07:08 AM
Oh Julie, I'm so glad you took her in. I really hope you'll be able to find a loving home for her. :)

Sonia59
11-11-2005, 07:11 AM
Oh poor baby! I hope she finds a good home. Perhaps the one who wants to adopt a deaf cat is reasonnable enough to keep it inside. People who don't like cats enough won't be interested in a "handicaped" animal :confused:

If only I lived closer, I would love to adopt this white lady!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-11-2005, 08:23 AM
Not sure why my attachments are not working?? I really want you to see pics of this little girl!!

Laura's Babies
11-11-2005, 08:40 AM
What a little beauty she is!! To me, she is PURFECT!! Gee whiz, I sure hope you can find a place for that little one! She is adoreable with those blue eyes and all that white fluff, WHO wouldn't just love her to pieces?! Deaf? Is that a problem for a cat? I don't think so!

Lets hope someone steps up and takes her home immediately and not loose one minute with her.

clarebear
11-11-2005, 08:53 AM
Awwwwwwwww, I wouldnt care if she was deaf or not, you cant see deafness can you???

If I didnt have my two Ben and Sophie and lived near you I would have her like a shot!

k9krazee
11-11-2005, 09:15 AM
Oh my!! She is gorgeous!!!!! Thats great that you took her in, I hope she finds a great home!

catmandu
11-11-2005, 09:25 AM
When I was younger My Dear Mother picked up a White Prsian,that had been dumped at the Vets.
My Mother fell in love with her,and called her Missy.
She was never allowed outdoors,and she was the first of My Mother Cats,to have a Litter Box.
Missy lived to be a Good Age,and she was the last Cat that lived there,as My Dad said no more Cats.
My Dear Mother went to her Friend Mrs Kelly.or came to see Pouncer and Scrappy.
I would take her in a shot,she would fit in well here.

Sonia59
11-11-2005, 09:25 AM
She is gorgeous in her fluffly coat! :)

catlover4ever
11-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Julie, she is a beauty. I hope you find her a good home.

Soapets
11-11-2005, 06:47 PM
OMG, what a BEAUTIFUL little girl! :eek: How old do you think she is? This may be a stupid question, but how do you know she's deaf---what actions does she exhibit that tell you this, etc.? It wouldn't matter to me, anyway---I'd take her in a second if I could. I sure hope she finds a wonderful, loving, furever home! :)

Deb

momcat
11-11-2005, 07:37 PM
Prayers being prayed that this sweet little girl finds the right furever home. And a special thank you for loving and caring for this beautiful baby!!!!!

Craftlady
11-11-2005, 07:43 PM
She is beautiful :)

Cataholic
11-11-2005, 07:52 PM
She is beautiful. Allie and Dakky's mother is deaf (all white/blue eyes), and she manages just fine in a house with 6 other cats, 3 dogs, two toddlers and two adults! She has moved with them 3 times in 6 months, all without incident. May this one be matched with the right hooman soon!

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-11-2005, 11:22 PM
OMG, what a BEAUTIFUL little girl! :eek: How old do you think she is? This may be a stupid question, but how do you know she's deaf---what actions does she exhibit that tell you this, etc.? It wouldn't matter to me, anyway---I'd take her in a second if I could. I sure hope she finds a wonderful, loving, furever home! :)

Deb

The warning bells went off immediately when I realised that she did not react at all if someone comes into her room when she is asleep - bells, claps and whistles (out of line-of-sight) get no reaction at all. Of course this was the first thing I thought when I saw her - white cats with blue eyes are sometimes deaf. As I already have one deaf cat (Connor) I was quickly able to ascertain that she is deaf.

But my goodness she is adorable!!!

krazyaboutkatz
11-12-2005, 12:41 AM
She's so adorable. :D I hope that she'll be able to find the purrfect home soon. :)

jenluckenbach
11-12-2005, 04:55 AM
She's beautiful. Good luck placing her.

If I had the money, I'd have her flown to the states. We could certainly find a place for her that wouldn't put her to sleep just because she is deaf. :(

smokey the elder
11-12-2005, 07:04 AM
What a beautiful cat! I hope you can find a home for her.

clarebear
11-12-2005, 08:02 AM
Why would they put a deaf cat down? they dont put a deaf person down do they?. So why?. You cant see deafness as I said before

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-12-2005, 08:57 AM
Why would they put a deaf cat down? they dont put a deaf person down do they?. So why?. You cant see deafness as I said before

Clare, I live on a TINY little island called Bahrain, in the Middle East. We only have ONE shelter, and unfortunately at that shelter a lot of animals are PTS every month (I have seen numbers as high as 100 dogs and cats per month). There is a HUGE problem with feral and stray cats here too, so if you wanted a cat you could basically go behind any restaurant and find a litter of kittens and just take one!

Because the shelter has limited space and funds, they only keep the healthiest prettiest animals, who have the best chance of being chosen. So there is a VERY high chance that this little one will not even get the chance to find a forever home - she could be PTS immediately as she is not " 100% healthy".

I HAVE already spoken to the shelter, and the manager says she will do what she can to help, but I am so scared that I will take her there, and there will be an " admin error" and she will be PTS without them notifying me.

Hope you understand the situation now. I already have one deaf cat (I did get him from the shelter, but they had not realised he was deaf - he was VERY lucky!!!!).

rg_girlca
11-12-2005, 07:14 PM
Oh gosh she is absolutely beautiful. I pray that you are able to place her with a forever family. Wishing you all the best of luck.